Quick and Easy Desk Computer (Tutorial)

RainColt

I'm going to show you how to make a desk computer in a day or less.

What you will need:
1)- A Desk

post-1173-0-75308600-1418487367_thumb.jp

2)- A Computer

post-1173-0-56069500-1418487397_thumb.jp

3)- A Saw

post-1173-0-76784500-1418487417_thumb.jp

4)- A drill

post-1173-0-14944200-1418521969_thumb.jp

5)- Acrylic

post-1173-0-89862900-1418487444_thumb.jp

6)- Alliteration

(No picture found)

The last is most important, do not even attempt with out it.

(Side note)
I originally planned on making this build guide as a sort of comedy skit similar to that of handy mans corner from the red green show but due to me taking a job that has me working every day of the week 12 hours a day I didn't have time to play with computers so I postponed this little joke for about 2 months and just let this sit here, during that time I was persisted by a forum member to deliver this build and I've finally cracked, this is me pushing it out and scrapping my original idea to get this kid off my back.

Why do you always die right after I fix you?

This seems a bit too much like safe guy (reddit) all over again...

This seems a bit too much like safe guy (reddit) all over again...

What's safe guy?

What's safe guy?

If you ever see anything about 'op doesn't deliver' its because of him. He apparently 'found' an old safe in a wall whilst he was renovating, posted a picture and said that he would post the contents once he had opened it, the account hasn't posted anything since.

I'm going to show you how to make a desk computer in a day or less.

I gotta say, I like your profile pic

/)

Eric S. Raymond used an E6600 from 2005 until 12/30/14 or open source software creation. Raw data computations in excess of 18GB each. Core 2 Duos still have tons of life left, my friend.

If you ever see anything about 'op doesn't deliver' its because of him. He apparently 'found' an old safe in a wall whilst he was renovating, posted a picture and said that he would post the contents once he had opened it, the account hasn't posted anything since.

Well not to worry, WetRarity is a task more formidable than building a desk computer in 24hours or less.

I subbed (don´t want to miss this)

THOR D3SK V2,Asus Maximus VII Hero  ,INTEL4790K,CorsairHX1000i,ASUSR.O.G MATRIX PLATINUM R9 280X  CROSSFIRE,SAMSUNGSSD840 pro RAID0Corsair Force LX 120Gb RAID0,WD 2Tb Black Edition,CORSAIR Dominator Platinum16GB, CUSTOM WATERCOOLED

CUSTOM BUILD 2014

He did open the safe, it was completely empty.

He did open the safe, it was completely empty.

When was this? op plz deliver.:)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You had better deliver.

Don't worry mate. I just got a new job while I was waiting on the backplate I ordered so I'm about 300km from my computers. I go home on the 21st and I'll be bringing what I need to do it back with me. I also had to put WetRarity on hold until my job out here is complete.

• 4 weeks later...

Wow linustechtips.com just glitched me hard, i tried updating this with the build but my post got posted to some necro thread, and I'm on a data capped mobile connection, so just imagine how much time that took to upload.

Nope, it was resolved.

Nothing in the safe

Edit:http://imgur.com/a/ELiFe

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

Nope, it was resolved.

Nothing in the safe

Edit:http://imgur.com/a/ELiFe

I actually saw a news article on this.

Guy lives in Washington and has been inviting locksmiths over to try to get it open for a long time.

Someone finally got it open only to reveal it was empty.

If if you don't deliver I will get on a flight over to Canada and deliver a punch to your face.

If if you don't deliver I will get on a flight over to Canada and deliver a punch to your face.

Ooh, things are getting serious. Op you better deliver soon or this thread will start to get a bit rowdy.

[iNSERT SIGNATURE HERE]

• 3 weeks later...

So I cut out the table top, originally I would have cut it just deep enough from the bottom with that fancy saw in the picture to be able to hit it with a sledge hammer from the top and have it fall out in the right shape but because that takes time that I don't currently have, I just cut it out

post-1173-0-92119800-1418487972_thumb.jp

Because Im sort of just rushing this out in I didn't really cut it too precisely so of course you have to sand it down. again just pushing this out so did the bare minimum

post-1173-0-46988600-1418488254_thumb.jp

Now obviously that looks terrible, so just gonna spray paint it really quick, throw down some tape and use a piece of cardboard to keep the paint off the parts of the desk that you don't want it on, just basic common sense, but I said it was going to be a tutorial and that was the original idea but again had to scrap that idea so this is the post that solidify it as a tutorial. ;)

post-1173-0-75526500-1418489030_thumb.jp

post-1173-0-91838200-1418489082_thumb.jp

Remember that Acrylic that I cut a little while ago...no? Well I do, I forgot to take pictures of it but believe me it was interesting, shame you missed it, oh well I guess you'll just never know what it truly means to live, well...anyways, we have to hold down that truly life changing experience you missed out on, so we got to drill holes, just put them anywhere really, in comparison to what you missed this really doesn't matter

post-1173-0-23512900-1418489709_thumb.jp