windows 10 safe?

Go to solution Solved by Archangel1994,

You could run it on a virtual machine (Basically running an OS within an OS) and test it that way. You retain all your files but you cannot access them from the W10 virtual machine

I know that this has probably been answered already but I wanted to know if it is safe to install the windows 10 tech preview on my main pc and not have all of my data deleted[My only main concern] , Now I know that they say that it is not recommended that you do this. Also I was wondering if I could downgrade back to windows 7 pro if I dont like it [not likely].

Things you might need to know.

-current os: Windows 7 pro

-Pc:Custom built

-windows 7 backup: True

Thank you for your help! B)

You could run it on a virtual machine (Basically running an OS within an OS) and test it that way. You retain all your files but you cannot access them from the W10 virtual machine

RIG: I7-4790k @ 4.5GHz | MSI Z97S SLI Plus | 12GB Geil Dragon RAM 1333MHz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (1550MHz core/7800MHz memory) @ +18mV(Maxed out at 1650/7800 so far) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Closed) | Sound Blaster Z                                                                                                                        Getting: Noctua NH-D15 | Possible 250GB Samsung 850 Evo                                                                                        Need a console killer that actually shits on every console? Here you go (No MIR/Promo)

This is why you should not get an FX CPU for ANY scenario other than rendering on a budget http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/286142-fx-8350-r9-290-psu-requirements/?p=3892901 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266481-an-issue-with-people-bashing-the-fx-cpus/?p=3620861

Unless you backup literally everything or intend to permanently switch to 10, no.

It is software that has not been tested. If you care about your data, don't install it.

You could also probably create a new partition and install the Tech Preview on it to dual boot Windows 7 and Windows 10

I have been using it as primary since release works amazing no bugs

If you were going to install this on your main PC, get a new HDD or SSD, format it, and install the Win10 Preview. Then change your Boot Priority to that new drive. You can keep your ANCIENT Win 7 install and files alive and you can switch back to booting Win7 whenever you want.

Unless the way computers work has entirely changed in the last few years, this should work. I remember doing this for the Win 8 preview.

Git Gud.

It's really broken, it'll probably be around 8 months before is near usable.