ASUS P8Z77-V Pro vs MSI Z77 MPower

Which would you choose for a budget, gaming build with WiFi?

See you around

Karl Out

One of them is blue, the other is yellow. I take it you don't care about the colour? :)

hello

One of them is blue, the other is yellow. I take it you don't care about the colour? :)

I care, but i can just mod the MPower a bit to make it fit the other colors :P It was originally a blue build.

See you around

Karl Out

If it's for gaming I would go with a Z77 M-Power

Current Rig:    AMD FX 8350 @ 4.3GHz | Xigmatek Dark Knight Night Hawk Edition | ASUS Crosshair V Formula-Z | ASUS AMD Radeon HD7950 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance Red 1866MHz RAM

EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 750 Watt PSU | 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM | 128GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD | ASUS DVD Writer | CM Storm Trooper Windowed Edition

Peripherals:    BeyerDynamic Custom One Pro | Func MS3 | Steelseries QcK | Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Brown (on release)

I'd also choose the MPower, because I don't like the color scheme of the P8Z77-V Pro and who still needs PCI-slots these days since most cards use PCIe anyways?

Main Rig: Intel Core i7-4790K - Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD5H-BK - Gigabyte GTX 670 Windforce 3X 2GB OC - Corsair XMS3 16GB 1333MHz - Samsung 850 Pro 256GB, Transcend SSD370 512GB, WD RE4 500GB, WD Red 2TB - EVGA SuperNova 850-G2

I'd also choose the MPower, because I don't like the color scheme of the P8Z77-V Pro and who still needs PCI-slots these days since most cards use PCIe anyways?

That's true. But blue is much nicer than yellow :P

See you around

Karl Out

That's true. But blue is much nicer than yellow :P

Everyone has different preferences  :) 

Main Rig: Intel Core i7-4790K - Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD5H-BK - Gigabyte GTX 670 Windforce 3X 2GB OC - Corsair XMS3 16GB 1333MHz - Samsung 850 Pro 256GB, Transcend SSD370 512GB, WD RE4 500GB, WD Red 2TB - EVGA SuperNova 850-G2

budget, gaming build

Neither, they are not really budget boards  :lol:

And you can game on pretty much any motherboard.

I personally would go with the the MSI GD65 Gaming motherboard instead. But between the boards you posted, I would go with the Mpower.

Or you can spend less on a budget board and spend the money elsewhere where it will affect gaming such as a GPU or peripherals. 

CPU: AMD 3950x Mobo: MSI B550 RAM: 32GB DDR4 GPU: Asus 3080 Strix PSU: Superflower Leadex 3 720w Case: BeQuiet 500DX

Storage: 2TB SSD + 4TB HDD Audio: SMSL 793ii -> HiFiman HE-400 + Mission MS-50 Speakers

Asus seem to have premium prices so for the range MSI wins.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Neither, they are not really budget boards  :lol:

And you can game on pretty much any motherboard.

I personally would go with the the MSI GD65 Gaming motherboard instead. But between the boards you posted, I would go with the Mpower.

Or you can spend less on a budget board and spend the money elsewhere where it will affect gaming such as a GPU or peripherals. 

I don't think these "gaming" boards are useful at all. In my opinion the intel nic is still better than the killer nic and the onboard sound is still not as good as a dedicated sound card