To all the metalheads who remember Sanctuary

Fulgrim

They're back in business finally. Since Nevermore when into indefinite hiatus since Jeff Loomis & Van Williams left, Warrel Dane has got his old band back together again. With the exception of Sean Blosl. (currently being replaced by Brad Hull) I'm a couple days late in finding about the release of their new album on October 14th. But i'm really looking forward to hearing it. They've already released a new music video.

Old Sanctuary

New Sanctuary

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

Heard better metal than that . It is not bad it is just ehhhh

Grant us the joy of song and dance and ever watch over us in the lonely places in which we must walk - Pray to Bastet

Basicually scratch that i have heard them on the 80s on Refuge Denied they were much better . Some times you must know when to stop :/

Grant us the joy of song and dance and ever watch over us in the lonely places in which we must walk - Pray to Bastet

Heard better metal than that . It is not bad it is just ehhhh

Warrel Dane's vocals are like marmite for people. They either love it or hate it. On his own i don't like his vocals much but in Sanctuary/Nevermore, it just worked.

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

Oh gawd Warrel Dane has the hugest neckbeard I've ever seen...

I listened to Nevermore once in a while, but that was mostly for Jeff Loomis - I could never really stand Warrel Dane's singing for some reason.

Warrel Dane's vocals are like marmite for people. They either love it or hate it. On his own i don't like his vocals much but in Sanctuary/Nevermore, it just worked.

It is not just the voice it is also they try to replicate 80s thrash which sounds more close to that but they do not do it properly.It just sounds of for some reason and i cant figure it why

It is not just the voice it is also they try to replicate 80s thrash which sounds more close to that but they do not do it properly.It just sounds of for some reason and i cant figure it why

I've always considered them more Progressive Metal. Don't forget they are getting back into the groove after not jamming together for a few good years :P 

I've always considered them more Progressive Metal. Don't forget they are getting back into the groove after not jamming together for a few good years :P

They just feel they woke up one morning found out they run out of money re united for nostalgia sake and to make money.I mean Picture , Black Sabath etc also got disbanded and when they came back together they sounded like they never left

Also prog metal sounds soft never knew that type of music excisted but it sounds more hard rock prog than metal . Also it has gore parts meh

Also prog metal sounds soft never knew that type of music excisted but it sounds more hard rock prog than metal . Also it has gore parts meh

Trying to break shit into every sub genre you think is used in their songs is silly.

The 2 main genres they are a combination of, is Thrash Metal, and Progressive Metal. 

Trying to break shit into every sub genre you think is used in their songs is silly.

The 2 main genres they are a combination of, is Thrash Metal, and Progressive Metal. 

I have no problem with Thrash but Prog is just meh again xD.Dont get me wrong i love prog rock but it just does not fit metal .

I have no problem with Thrash but Prog is just meh again xD.Dont get me wrong i love prog rock but it just does not fit metal .

I love some good Progressive Metal.

I love some good Progressive Metal.

Even though it sounds good i fail too see the prog elements in it,it sounds more like Ayeron / Opeth.

Prog for me is something like :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxGfuOmzfQo totally obscure yet amazing melodies that never expet to hear and unnexpected suprises along the way  ( if you want to get techicall this is Krautrock but Krautorck was equal to PRog /expiremental ).For me prog metal could be called Ayeron really liked the twists in their full albums and the story telling remind me king diamond a bit

Even though it sounds good i fail too see the prog elements in it,it sounds more like Ayeron / Opeth.

Prog for me is something like :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxGfuOmzfQo totally obscure yet amazing melodies that never expet to hear and unnexpected suprises along the way  ( if you want to get techicall this is Krautrock but Krautorck was equal to PRog /expiremental )

What you linked can be simply referred to as "Prog" (progressive) where was a band such as Symphony X has a lot of metal elements in it, thus why they are Progressive Metal.

Wikipedia's definition of Progressive Metal -

Progressive metal (sometimes known as prog metal or prog-metal) is a subgenre of both progressive rock and heavy metal, originating in the United Kingdom and the United States In the 1970s. Progressive metal blended elements of heavy metal and progressive rock music, taking the loud "aggression" and amplified electric guitar-driven sound of the former, with the more experimental, complex and "pseudo-classical" compositions of the latter. Progressive metal often utilises the conceptual themes associated with progressive rock. Throughout the years, progressive metal has borrowed influences from several other genres, including classical and jazz fusion music.

What you linked can be simply referred to as "Prog" (progressive) where was a band such as Symphony X has a lot of metal elements in it, thus why they are Progressive Metal.

Wikipedia's definition of Progressive Metal -

Progressive metal (sometimes known as prog metal or prog-metal) is a subgenre of both progressive rock and heavy metal, originating in the United Kingdom and the United States In the 1970s. Progressive metal blended elements of heavy metal and progressive rock music, taking the loud "aggression" and amplified electric guitar-driven sound of the former, with the more experimental, complex and "pseudo-classical" compositions of the latter. Progressive metal often utilises the conceptual themes associated with progressive rock. Throughout the years, progressive metal has borrowed influences from several other genres, including classical and jazz fusion music.

The only band i found as i said above that fit prog metal is Ayreon i am not good with bands after 2000 (expect a few ) if you like it and able to regnonize it so be it . Who am i to disagree with you ? My era of music is more in 70s till late 90s . 2000 and after is way too far from me so i dont know much of it . If that is prog metal enjoy it

I thought Led Zeppelin would be better. Still love their 70s classic, Kashmir.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

I thought Led Zeppelin would be better. Still love their 70s classic, Kashmir.

Well 70s have lots of music led zepelin was the on the most known . However they were so many amazing albums and bands that never became well known such as Lucifer friends wich lead singer was the the singer that went to the amazing band Uriah Heep and he was no other than the John Lawton . So much history in the 60s , 70s that determined how far music can go without them we would almost have nothing today . And that is my bigest problem with music today so far the albums and musicians i found re-hash what has already excisted and are not pussing anymore the barriers of creativity .For an example a prog album of today it is as done in the 70s , same goes for phychedelic etc they re-create what was in the past without moving foward and no i dont accept either Dubstep or Core as genres they are just noise imo of course