Recommend me some speakers and sub for pc

Rorgash

Greetings all you freaks, im starting to get interested in having some speakers with a sub for bass instead of just my headphones, so before i start scouring the web i though "Hey, lets ask around my favorite forum"

Use: mostly music and video Watching, but also some gaming

Setup wanted: 2.1

Budget: between 400 to 500$ or 300 to 450€£

I got good ears, a pretty nice amp and dac so high audio quality is a must

Hopefully this will help me narrow down my search :)

Proud Member of the Glorious PC Master Race

What about tower speakers with a sub? 

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

Bose CineMate Series

5.1GHz 4770k

My Specs

Intel i7-4770K @ 4.7GHz | Corsair H105 w/ SP120 | Asus Gene VI | 32GB Corsair Vengeance LP | 2x GTX 780Ti| Corsair 750D | OCZ Agility 3 | Samsung 840/850 | Sandisk SSD | 3TB WD RED | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | Corsair RM850 | ASUS PB278Q | SyncMaster 2370HD | SyncMaster P2450

What about tower speakers with a sub?

Would prefer desk due to space restrictions, but im up for recommendations

Bose CineMate Series

The elements look simply too small, and its bose which isnt all that well regarded

The elements look simply too small, and its bose which isnt all that well regarded

I have had 2 Bose systems in the past 6 years and never complained

5.1GHz 4770k

My Specs

Intel i7-4770K @ 4.7GHz | Corsair H105 w/ SP120 | Asus Gene VI | 32GB Corsair Vengeance LP | 2x GTX 780Ti| Corsair 750D | OCZ Agility 3 | Samsung 840/850 | Sandisk SSD | 3TB WD RED | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | Corsair RM850 | ASUS PB278Q | SyncMaster 2370HD | SyncMaster P2450

If you're looking for best of the best then the amp plus custom speaker setup will be expensive but if not you can get a home theater or something at that price 

for example sony's line up has few,you could check them out in a showroom (this will be amazing for moviessssss) 

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

This really is misunderstood. Bose are hated mainly because of their price, one cannot deny that they are expensive, but for what they are they deliver incredible sound. I'm not saying they're the best things in the world, but for their form factor they sound so big that you will have yourself wondering "Where is all this coming from?". Easily my first choice when it comes to table top friendly PC speakers (and cinema systems for that matter).

Greetings all you freaks, im starting to get interested in having some speakers with a sub for bass instead of just my headphones, so before i start scouring the web i though "Hey, lets ask around my favorite forum"

I got good ears, a pretty nice amp and dac so high audio quality is a must

Hopefully this will help me narrow down my search :)

I use M Audio BX5 D2 with Schiit modi DAC,this combo should be heard to be believed,subwoofer depends on your room.

This really is misunderstood. Bose are hated mainly because of their price, one cannot deny that they are expensive, but for what they are they deliver incredible sound. I'm not saying they're the best things in the world, but for their form factor they sound so big that you will have yourself wondering "Where is all this coming from?". Easily my first choice when it comes to table top friendly PC speakers (and cinema systems for that matter).

Though many people may like their sound signature, there is nothing in their current consumer lineup that's focused on accurate reproduction. 

I don't want to offend anyone, but their consumer products generally don't measure very well (and they don't disclose clear numbers for them). This is why they're not considered a HiFi brand by most. A lot of them exhibit constrained dynamics, uneven and narrow frequency response and poor sub-to-satellite integration. Many enthusiasts also dislike their choice of components inside their products.The big compromises were probably a result of a style-first focus.

I guess we all have different opinions of them.

Though many people may like their sound signature, there is nothing in their current consumer lineup that's focused on accurate reproduction. 

I don't want to offend anyone, but their consumer products generally don't measure very well (and they don't disclose clear numbers for them). This is why they're not considered a HiFi brand by most. A lot of them exhibit constrained dynamics, uneven and narrow frequency response and poor sub-to-satellite integration. Many enthusiasts also dislike their choice of components inside their products.The big compromises were probably a result of a style-first focus.

I guess we all have different opinions of them.

As I said they don't offer the best sound on the market, but for what they are they deliver. Accurate reproduction is bullshit, music is to be enjoyed not to be analysed and measured, anyone into HiFi (as in actually into HiFi, not the current trend in the "Master Race") will also tell you this. While measurements may bring you in the ball park of your goal, ultimately what people who are actually passionate about the subject lust after is an experience, not a number on a piece of paper. I could go on and on about how we're all different, how our ears and brains pick up and treat sound differently and how this may even change slightly from day to day depending on what you have been exposed to through out the day but ultimately I will leave you with this and tell you to please don't misinform people on the subject; For the love of god don't let a computer tell you what you should like and not like.

Have you heard a set that you like? What were they composed of?

If this comes with both the monitors and the sub (as it says so), it looks like a good deal:

http://www.amazon.de/Fostex-PM0-5-Subwoofer-2-1-system/dp/B0012NXGI2

As I said they don't offer the best sound on the market, but for what they are they deliver. Accurate reproduction is bullshit, music is to be enjoyed not to be analysed and measured, anyone into HiFi (as in actually into HiFi, not the current trend in the "Master Race") will also tell you this. While measurements may bring you in the ball park of your goal, ultimately what people who are actually passionate about the subject lust after is an experience, not a number on a piece of paper. I could go on and on about how we're all different, how our ears and brains pick up and treat sound differently and how this may even change slightly from day to day depending on what you have been exposed to through out the day but ultimately I will leave you with this and tell you to please don't misinform people on the subject; For the love of god don't let a computer tell you what you should like and not like.

I apologize if that came out wrong. I've been into HiFi before I started using measurement equipment, so the machine did not tell me what I like. I actually enjoy different signatures caused by the mixture of system components, the room layout/acoustics, tuning, etc. I've gone through a good number of gear over the years, and do get lent audio gear by distributors for short reviews. Measurements do give me a rough idea of something that is close to what I'd like, however. 

I apologize if that came out wrong. I've been into HiFi before I started using measurement equipment, so the machine did not tell me what I like. I actually enjoy different signatures caused by the mixture of system components, the room layout/acoustics, tuning, etc. I've gone through a good number of gear over the years, and do get lent audio gear by distributors for short reviews. Measurements do give me a rough idea of something that is close to what I'd like, however. 

Haha, so we're on the same page. My apologies for coming on strong but this whole hype people have going with "HiFi" really is starting to get on my nerves. Sadly the real passionate people are a dying breed, but there's still some of us left.

Have you heard a set that you like? What were they composed of?

If this comes with both the monitors and the sub (as it says so), it looks like a good deal:

http://www.amazon.de/Fostex-PM0-5-Subwoofer-2-1-system/dp/B0012NXGI2

looking at the Fostex, except for the german amazon you liked where the seller has quite bad reviews, they are really hard to find, but from a very quick search have gotten pretty good reviews

i havent really been into speakers much due to headphones being cheaper for similar sound quality, but decided to look into it some more since really no matter what kind of headphones you create the bass wont be able to compete, and i also want good sound without having to be tied to the computer.

if it wasnt for the cost of stuff, i would get a car battery and my car stereo, my 150W pioneer speakers and a car bass :P would be cheap but would take some jurry rigging..  sadly tho i would probably not be happy, even tho the pioneer speakers are good they arent that good, clear to a fault tho, and a car bass tends to just be heavy with bad lower hz.

Haha, so we're on the same page. My apologies for coming on strong but this whole hype people have going with "HiFi" really is starting to get on my nerves. Sadly the real passionate people are a dying breed, but there's still some of us left.

HiFi is loosely defined by different interpretations, but I still follow that it is the faithful reproduction of the input (above norm in devoiding the output of non-linearity / distortion / coloration). It is reproducing what is stored in the recording as it is. The way I see it, a musical or an enjoyable system is not always HiFi and vice versa. Good recordings can be enjoyable with a faithful reproduction (Lindberg Lyd makes great ones), but a lot of what's churned out now can sound dull and lifeless with a mathematically accurate system. Aside from being highly compressed, the material is voiced to sound decent in the lowest common denominator device (compromising the experience in better-performing systems). I believe the latter is a big reason why many music lovers do not gravitate towards a system that can be impressive on paper (ultra-clean decay, minimal compression, near-flat and wide frequency response, uniform polar response, etc.). As a reaction, traditional HiFi makers are starting to churn out products that deviate from the accuracy formula to give life to compromised recordings and cater to the majority.

looking at the Fostex, except for the german amazon you liked where the seller has quite bad reviews, they are really hard to find, but from a very quick search have gotten pretty good reviews

i havent really been into speakers much due to headphones being cheaper for similar sound quality, but decided to look into it some more since really no matter what kind of headphones you create the bass wont be able to compete, and i also want good sound without having to be tied to the computer.

if it wasnt for the cost of stuff, i would get a car battery and my car stereo, my 150W pioneer speakers and a car bass :P would be cheap but would take some jurry rigging..  sadly tho i would probably not be happy, even tho the pioneer speakers are good they arent that good, clear to a fault tho, and a car bass tends to just be heavy with bad lower hz.

Mobile audio systems are normally tuned to sound best inside a car (making use of cabin gain for the low end). Unless you make cabinets designed for your home space (or EQ them well), they might not give you the best performance.

That being said, there are great in-car audio systems out there. The higher level EMMA and IASCA SQ competitors have very good systems.

You have some options to choose from with 450 Euros to play with. Take your time and visit home audio / home theater shops and bring your favorite recordings with you. That'd give you a clearer idea of what you want. If you have the desk space, you can actually go for a pair of bookshelf speakers, a subwoofer, and an integrated amplifier (or AV receiver).

The UK is blessed with a lot of good audio deals. I hope you have similar pricing in Sweden for components comparable to these:

http://www.richersounds.com/product/amplifiers-receivers/marantz/pm5004/mara-pm5004-blk

http://www.richersounds.com/product/standmount-speakers/acoustic-energy/compact-one/acou-ae43-gls-blk

http://www.richersounds.com/product/subwoofers/mordaunt-short/alumni-9/mord-alumni9-blk