Forza Horizon 2 review thingy

theloveablemoose

So I just completed the game and I thought I should give it a review aiding those who are on the fence about buying the game first off the gameplay.

The game feels and handles the same as the first horizon game which is expected considering the fact that they used the same engine on the Xbox 360 version and the Forza 5 engine on the Xbox one. A new element has been added the perks system these are additional bonuses that add different improvements to different aspects of the game such as a 10% discount for cars and upgrades or the ability to fast travel anywhere. The game feels barren at some points with an extremely low amount of traffic or AI cars racing around for you to challenge Im guessing this is a limitation of the Xbox 360 but this problem was not present for the first game and is likely due to the fact that the world is quite large including various fields that you can drive on and a grand total of 340 roads to drive on. Credits are hard to come by every race tends to give around 5,000 without the assist bonus and the last race awards a measly 24,000 cr vs the 10,000,000cr awarded in the previous game.

Sound

As ever the game sounds amazing the whine of the superchargers, a set of turbos spooling up the scream of tires as you begin to lose control and the deep burble of a V8 it all sounds amazing. Something that did annoy me is the constant music in either the upgrade shop or auto show (which you can’t turn off I might add) but if you can get past that and the GTA sounding menu clicks the reward outweighs these small annoyances.

Cars

The cars the bread and butter of any racing game and I’ve got to say sumo delivered from the humble Capri RS3100 to the insane Hennessey venom GT you will find a car that you love and will not want to stop driving. Attaining cars is where this game falls short unlike the first game there is no reward for having played the first game which I find disappointing as It was a nice reward for having some loyalty. Barn finds are quite nice found a couple cars that were extremely nice to drive and a few that I never touched. Showcase events have taken a back seat they are fairly infrequent and there are only 4. Buying cars is difficult as many cost over 500,000 cr and that tends to be a feat to attain as the credit payouts tend to be a bit low.

Now whether you should buy the game is your own opinion but if you’re remotely interested in cars or games featuring cars then you should at least try the game. Thanks for reading I’ll try to answer any questions if they come up.

As a Horizon fan I'm completely blown away by the sequel.

It's just awesome to blaze through Northern Italy in a tuned hypercar while rock music booms through the speakers, smashing plants at speeds of 200 miles per hour and up.

It plays super fluid and the social aspect is greater than ever (huge car clubs, car meets and instant free roaming).

That's one of the games the Xbox One shines with, I don't regret a cent spent.

144Hz goodness