Razer Blade 14" and Razer Blade Pro

JromeTJ

Just wanna know your thoughts and opinion of the Blade and Blade pro. I mean given the really great portable form factor. Amazing how thin it is.. Would you pay such a price for it when you know you can have way better specs with the same price point from other companies with the same price points?

Razer Blade 14" retails at 1800 while the Blade Pro is at 2000 if I'm not mistaken..They haven't released the official price yet but you know why these things are priced.

And would you pay for the SwitchBlade UI?

I'm not a hardcore gamer, but I know that gamers would often look at specs 1st before anything else. Form factor.Does it really matter? 

The performance to price ratio is just not there

Maybe if they are good build quality and if the battery life is good i will get one. but they look cool

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

Maybe if they are good build quality and if the battery life is good i will get one. but they look cool

Min-Liang says its getting the new Haswell from Intel. The thing can run up to 6 hours...

Min-Liang says its getting the new Haswell from Intel. The thing can run up to 6 hours...

Ya if the GPU, I forgot what it is, I might get the $2000 one

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

Its a shame they cant produce laptops with high spec build quality and high components.. its like they get one or the other :/ i wouldnt pay that much for it and it being that small really doesnt bother me :p

CPU: i5 3570k                                 PSU: CX650 Corsair                 SSD: 128GB Samsung 840

RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance     Case: Zalman Z11                    HDD: 500Gb Toshiba & 1TB Western Digital

MOBO: ASrock Extreme 4 Z77        GPU: GTX 770

Ya if the GPU, I forgot what it is, I might get the $2000 one

But the specs is really just mid-high for the price you're paying..

But the specs is really just mid-high for the price you're paying..

Ya but it is so thin, and i like thin. like my...

dogs

I have no interest in them. I'm in the market for an ultra book and I don't plan on gaming much on it if at all. I just need a computer for when I travel and despite how thin the new Blades are, they are probably going to be too bulky for my trips.

I have no interest in them. I'm in the market for an ultra book and I don't plan on gaming much on it if at all. I just need a computer for when I travel and despite how thin the new Blades are, they are probably going to be too bulky for my trips.

So what ultrabook you think its best. Don't tell me Mac Air.....lol..

I look at it and see a black MacBook Pro.  Funny how we all hate on Macs for being way overpriced for the specs you get but there's not as much of that toward the exact same thing from Razer... lol

It has a better GPU I guess.  But not as good screen.

So what ultrabook you think its best. Don't tell me Mac Air.....lol..

Im not too sure but i dont think thr Macbook air technically is an ultra book lol. Right now non are worth it for me which is why I haven't purchased one. I'm waiting for 8gigs of ram to be the standard with 8 hours minimum of use time for when I travel. I don't care about gaming capability but that's my usage scenario. :P

Im not too sure but i dont think thr Macbook air technically is an ultra book lol. Right now non are worth it for me which is why I haven't purchased one. I'm waiting for 8gigs of ram to be the standard with 8 hours minimum of use time for when I travel. I don't care about gaming capability but that's my usage scenario. :P

I think its possible with the Haswell chip to have 8 hours battery life, seeing that that Razer Blade could withstand upto 6 hours. Which was unheard of. My Asus N56 could only last 3 to its max..

The viewing angle on the Razer Blade was kinda disappointing.   :(

I like it, but I wouldn't buy one. Like you said, the specs are very midrange for the price that you'll pay, and I don't really move my laptop around enough to justify the additional cost. When i bought myself a gaming laptop for college, I pretty much only looked at the price and performance. While I can play games like BF3 and Skyrim (heavily modded) on ultra settings, I have a 10 pound brick that only barely fits into my backpack. 

For laptops, size is a huge factor, which is why I think that this type of form factor will start to become more and more popular as time goes on. This is already starting to happen, as we've seen MSI show an ultra-thing gaming notebook.. Laptops already sacrifice a lot of power for the sake of portability, so I don't find it bad at all that Razer and now MSI are sacrificing a tiny bit more power for the sake of much better portability.

i7 not perfectly stable at 4.4.. #firstworldproblems