need a stress testing program that lets me choose what gpu to test.

tobben

so i recently installed a gtx970 along with my 7950, installed drivers and booted just fine, but the card wont fold, and in gpu-z it says it's running at 0 mhz which is not entierly unreasonable as it's not being used for anything.

What i want is a to try and run some stress testing software on it to check if the card is currently usable at all, but in 3dMark it's a premium feature, furrmark doesn't recognise the card at all, and unigine valley doesn't seem to have this feature either.. is there any free software you can recommend that would let me choose the secondary gpu only?

Run heaven for an hour. If you don't crash, you're good. Some games may crash because they utilize shaders differently; in this case, you'll want to turn down your core clock slightly.

AMD and nvidia drivers can't coexist. That's your issue.

Edited by eLucid

i7 7700k @ 4.9ghz | Asus Maximus IX Hero | G.skill 32gb @ 3200 | Gtx 1080 classified | In win 909 | Samsung 960 pro 1tb | WD caviar blue 1tb x3 | Dell u3417w | Corsair H115i | Ducky premier dk9008p (mx reds) | Logitech g900 | Sennheiser hd 800s w/ hdvd 800 | Audioengine a5+ w/ s8

Run heaven for an hour. If you don't crash, you're good. Some games may crash because they utilize shaders differently; in this case, you'll want to turn down your core clock slightly.

AMD and nvidia drivers can't coexist. That's your issue.

considering unigine valley doesn't let me choose the target gpu i have some strange feeling that unigine heaven won't let me do that either.. most of these programs seem to choose the first gpu "7950" by default. And yes i am fully aware that having amd and nvidia gpu in the same system is not optimal. It's not a competition to post first, you are allowed to actually read the topic before replying, just fyi.

there has to be some software aside from 3dMark that has this functionality.

OCCT has graphics card selector

Yeah, we're all just a bunch of idiots experiencing nothing more than the placebo effect.

OCCT has graphics card selector

thanks, it only recognizes one gpu for some reason though, the top one, suspect the "choice" is only an illusion.