Music Player for Ath m50

Jayvee3492

what music player should i use with my m50? i think my galaxy s4 is not good enough. my ipod nano 6th gen plays better than the s4. i also have ipod touch 4th gen. anyone have any recommendations to improve audio quality? 

i also heard flac gives good quality. but i need to convert it to alac to play it on apple devices. i can google how to convert it but i want to how people in this forum do it. :D

The iPhone 4/4s have a nice Cirrus dac, and you can get 'em for cheap used on eBay

The iPhone 4/4s have a nice Cirrus dac, and you can get 'em for cheap used on eBay

will it be an improvement from ipod nano 6th gen and ipod touch 4th?

No, FLAC/ALAC won't sound better than a well-encoded lossy file like Mp3. This has been demonstrated over and over, and you can perform the test yourself in Foobar if you want to (fun little experiment to erase "what ifs"). Maybe the dac/amp on your mobile devices suck, I dunno. It's possible. I don't think you want to lug around an external dac/amp with your mobile devices though. Won't be so mobile anymore.

In Placebo We Trust - Resident Obnoxious Objective Fangirl (R.O.O.F) - Your Eyes Cannot Hear
Haswell Overclocking Guide | Skylake Overclocking GuideCan my amp power my headphones?

No, FLAC/ALAC won't sound better than a well-encoded lossy file like Mp3. This has been demonstrated over and over, and you can perform the test yourself in Foobar if you want to (fun little experiment to erase "what ifs"). Maybe the dac/amp on your mobile devices suck, I dunno. It's possible. I don't think you want to lug around an external dac/amp with your mobile devices though. Won't be so mobile anymore.

so what should i do to use the full potential of ath m50? :) TY

You said to your ears the iPod nano sounds better. Honestly with an M50 you probably won't notice the benifits of anything better than that

I have a pair and I find them rather forgiving of a mid range source.

You said to your ears the iPod nano sounds better. Honestly with an M50 you probably won't notice the benifits of anything better than that

I have a pair and I find them rather forgiving of a mid range source.

what do you use to play your m50?

what do you use to play your m50?

My S4 usually or it iPod nano. Whatever I have on hand. My iPod does sound better but my s4 is convenient and the difference isn't huge. On my computer I use a sound card

My S4 usually or it iPod nano. Whatever I have on hand. My iPod does sound better but my s4 is convenient and the difference isn't huge. On my computer I use a sound card

do you plan on buying an amp or dac?

Not for portable use. A fiio e10 if I have the funds but I'm a broke college student so that's difficult.

e10 is a dac or an amp? is it better than e11k? sorry im a noob. :D i dont even know the difference between amp and dac. ill google it later. 

e10 is a dac or an amp? is it better than e11k? sorry im a noob. :D i dont even know the difference between amp and dac. ill google it later.

It is both.

DAC is the digital to analog converter. Creates the signal out of data

Amp makes the signal stronger

It is both.

amp is used when using ipod or phones? dac is for pc? am i right?

If only people would click the sticky topic, Audio Board's FAQ. It already got all the info needed and beyond.....

It is both.

i think it's only a DAC because i have seen it on the website before the E10K come out it just outputing  32 ohm. a normal output

i think it's only a DAC because i have seen it on the website before the E10K come out it just outputing  32 ohm. a normal output

If only I got 4 hands for 4 simultaneous facepalms.....

ur not helping

Oh, but I have. My previous post above suggests, indirectly, the OP to read the Audio Board's FAQ to find answers and more info on audio. Judging by the OP's like on that post, I'm assuming he's doing some reading on the FAQ right now.

If only you'd do the same, you'll realize how far off course your statement was, giving the completely wrong idea of how things work. Hence the 4 facepalms I'm hoping for, because 2 facepalms won't cut it anymore for that....

Oh, but I have. My previous post above suggests, indirectly, the OP to read the Audio Board's FAQ to find answers and more info on audio. Judging by the OP's like on that post, I'm assuming he's doing some reading on the FAQ right now.

If only you'd do the same, you'll realize how far off course your statement was, giving the completely wrong idea of how things work. Hence the 4 facepalms I'm hoping for, because 2 facepalms won't cut it anymore for that....

hope the 4 facepalms doesnt include 1 for me. lols. :D

hope the 4 facepalms doesnt include 1 for me. lols. :D

Not really. If you don't know about something, and then you asked (and listen to the answers), that's normal, that's what forums like this one is for. Now when you don't know about something, but insists on giving advices/answers that's completely off course and very misleading, now that's a thing....:)

Amps aren't always increasing voltage. It might just be a lower output impedance.

Im sure that it is an amp as well.

It's probably just a buffer if it cannot increase amplitude. Amplifiers have gain.

It's probably just a buffer if it cannot increase amplitude. Amplifiers have gain.

E10 got gain, albeit just 1 step:

IMG_4354_zpsab07d423.jpg

It's just can't be used as a stand-alone amp, like the E07k can.