my air flow rant

spwath

Ok, just annoys me, some things.

Positive pressure DOES NOT cause less dust. You need positive pressure + all intakes filtered.

Also,I don't understand why people are confused about airflow. Make a path that goes over your components.

This means NEVER occupy the front most top slot with an exhaust, unless you water cool.

Also more fans \=\ better air flow.

That's it.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

K

that's a short rant man but totally true 

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

K

Also, unrelated, the iMac g4 uses a cool reverse fan, so the exhaust part looks like the intake part. Makes it look better.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Positive pressure DOES NOT cause less dust. You need positive pressure + all intakes filtered.

Also,I don't understand why people are confused about airflow. Make a path that goes over your components.

This means NEVER occupy the front most top slot with an exhaust, unless you water cool.

That's it.

Yeah positive wont keep you dust free, even with filters you wont stay 100% dust free.

However it does help rather a lot as it forces air out all the little gaps and vents where as a negative pressure would pull air in them and that would mean more dust.

Front most top slot?

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

That's it.

Because people are stupid, most are kids who don't want to learn. Just believe what ever they have been told to be right. Just like all the anti static bs, not building on the motherboard bag, what is best when it comes to a pc. The list could just go on and on and on.

My Rig :  Case: Cooler Master HAF X ,Motherboard: Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H,PSU: Seasonic SS-750KM3,Processor: Core I7 4770k (overclocked 4.7ghz),Cooler: Corsair H100i, GPU: EVGA GTX 780 with acx cooler, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 16gb DDR3 1600 (overclocked to 2000mhz), HDDS  Samsung 840 EVO 250 gb SSD , Western digital  2tb 7200 rpm 64mb cache, Old 1tb laptop drive I had , 320gb for os backup daily, 80gb external for weekly backups,Drives 2x Lg Blu Ray burner WH16MS40,MISC: Tp-Link dual band wireless card, Logitech g510s, Razer Deathadder 2013, Acer G236HLBbd 23" monitor, Old tv I had 23" for secondary monitor, old 32" samsung tv third monitor

that's a short rant man but totally true

I'm on mobile.

Because I had to RMA my GPU twice...

Who doesn't have filters on the intakes now? Especially when nearly every case comes with them. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

Yeah positive wont keep you dust free, even with filters you wont stay 100% dust free.

However it does help rather a lot as it forces air out all the little gaps and vents where as a negative pressure would pull air in them and that would mean more dust.

Front most top slot?

Like the top fan slot that is not toward the back

I'm on mobile.

Because I had to RMA my GPU twice...

get a new one already? the 7850's getting old like my 680 :( 

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

Who doesn't have filters on the intakes now? Especially when nearly every case comes with them.

Mine has terrible ones, had to mod carbon filters on

Also, unrelated, the iMac g4 uses a cool reverse fan, so the exhaust part looks like the intake part. Makes it look better.

Now you've got my attention :P

I just got it last fall/winter

Besides, o only have 500$ that I don't know what to do with

Because people are stupid, most are kids who don't want to learn. Just believe what ever they have been told to be right. Just like all the anti static bs, not building on the motherboard bag, what is best when it comes to a pc. The list could just go on and on and on.

Right, I built my PC on mb bag.

aint nothing wrong with the 680.

Desktop -  i5 4670k, GTX 770, Maximums VI Hero, 2X Kingston Hyper X 3k in raid zero.

Laptop - Lenovo X230 Intel 535 480GB, 16GB Gskill memory, Classic Keyboard Mod, Triple USB 3.0 Express Card.

aint nothing wrong with the 680.

i know but i'm getting sick of still running games at 40fps while all these k00l 900 series and r9 kid's get a million constantly 

Specs

Right, I built my PC on mb bag.

But your computer will explode! I have tinkered with pcs for 10 years, always not paying too much mind to static discharge. Hell even working in socks on carpet, nothing has ever went bad with me. The list is seriously too long and frustrating to talk about, all these stupid rumors would die if the 12 year olds would listen or get some experience for themselves.

@SAV1OUR

A million fps? Hell I'm in too, I'll take twelve. ;)

My Rig :  Case: Cooler Master HAF X ,Motherboard: Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H,PSU: Seasonic SS-750KM3,Processor: Core I7 4770k (overclocked 4.7ghz),Cooler: Corsair H100i, GPU: EVGA GTX 780 with acx cooler, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 16gb DDR3 1600 (overclocked to 2000mhz), HDDS  Samsung 840 EVO 250 gb SSD , Western digital  2tb 7200 rpm 64mb cache, Old 1tb laptop drive I had , 320gb for os backup daily, 80gb external for weekly backups,Drives 2x Lg Blu Ray burner WH16MS40,MISC: Tp-Link dual band wireless card, Logitech g510s, Razer Deathadder 2013, Acer G236HLBbd 23" monitor, Old tv I had 23" for secondary monitor, old 32" samsung tv third monitor

I'm going to rant about you. It's "=/=" and not "/=/." Get it right next time, gosh.

Mine has terrible ones, had to mod carbon filters on

I find mine to be adequate, even with having a cat and a dog. 

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

i know but i'm getting sick of still running games at 40fps while all these k00l 900 series and r9 kid's get a million constantly 

Wait, what games? I have the 770 and I get decently high frames. 

Wait, what games? I have the 770 and I get decently high frames. 

modded skyrim at 1080p, bf4 dips in some situations and bioshock on ultra was 40 but high was 60

Specs

really only 40fps. I have no issues getting 60 on pretty much everything I play and lets face it the 770 is basically  680 with a 500mhz mem overclock. That being said i don't really run everything completely maxed out and the first thing to go for me is almost always AA(I play CS go with no aa).

Desktop -  i5 4670k, GTX 770, Maximums VI Hero, 2X Kingston Hyper X 3k in raid zero.

Laptop - Lenovo X230 Intel 535 480GB, 16GB Gskill memory, Classic Keyboard Mod, Triple USB 3.0 Express Card.

modded skyrim at 1080p, bf4 dips in some situations and bioshock on ultra was 40 but high was 60

Ah yeah, that makes some sense. My modded Skyrim wasn't even hitting 30 some times. Got to the point that I had to install a new ENB. 

I'm going to rant about you. It's "=/=" and not "/=/." Get it right next time, gosh.

If you're going to be that pedantic, it's actually ≠

You're and your are not the same. Neither are their, there, and they're. Defiantly and Definitely are definitely not the same. Definately and Rediculous are not words, and you should feel bad for misspelling them. If English is your first language, you don't have a learning disorder, and you get any of these wrong, you are making the entire forum slightly dumber by doing so. Please take the extra three seconds to type properly, and have a nice day.

If you're going to be that pedantic, it's actually ≠

No I'm just being a dumbass. :P