Is there a way to reduce any mechanical sounds from an audio recording?

Hello there. Recently, I've started out Youtube and I keep getting comments saying "You're keyboard is too loud!". I keep trying to fix it. I've read a lot of forums on how to fix this but none of them have worked.

My microphone is an AT2020 XLR with a Blue Icicle and my keyboard is a Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 (Cherry MX blue switches). My microphone has a shockmount and a pop filter with a normal On Stage desk microphone stand. My desk is a pull out tray sort of desk and it has my keyboard, mouse and microphone on it. I have put a towel under my keyboard because I heard it decreases echo if you have a hollow desk but it seems like it does nothing in recording (but I did hear a drastic difference). I have tried to put my microphone to the lowest gain option (on the Blue Icicle) but then I'd have to talk louder, but I don't like talking loud. I've tried talking into the microphone but then my neck would start hurting.

I've been thinking about buying a different stand (like a boom arm stand) so that I can talk directly to the microphone and I'm thinking it would decrease the vibration (if I would put it on a different part of my desk) from the keyboard typing.

Also, I don't want to eliminate the switch completely but kind of like this video

Can anyone help?

Turn the mic 180°

"My opinion is that your opinion is wrong." - AlwaysFSX    CPU I5 4690k MB MSI Gaming 5 RAM 2 x 4GB HyperX Blu DDR3 GPU Asus GTX970 Strix,  Case Corsair 760T Storage 1 x 120GB 840EVO 1 x 1TB WD Blue, 1 x 500GB Toshiba  

The cave/beast v2 (OLD) http://imgur.com/a/8AmeH                                  PSU 600W Raidmax RX600AF Displays ASUS VS278Q-P x2, BenQ Xl2720z Cooling Dark Rock 3, 4 AP120s Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Razer Deathadder 

best thing to do is tell them to fuck off, tons of people complain, but even more people like it :)

Proud Member of the Glorious PC Master Race

a simple EQ would fix that.

late edit - Audacity has a pretty neat EQ, and Gate built in, if you don't like the ones that come with it there's literally thousands of free VSTs that'll do the job in a pleasing way

Asus Maximus VII GeneIntel i7 4790k @ 4.8 - Corsair Vengance Pro 16GB DDR3 @ 2000Mhz - Asus Strix GTX980 SLI @ 1400Mhz/8000Mhz - 2x Samsing EVO 840 500GB RAID0 - 2x Seagate Barracuda 3TB Cooler Master v1000 - Focusrite Scarlett 18i6

Sennheiser Momentum Over Ear - Genelec 8040a Pair - Audio Technica AT4040 - Asus PG278Q ROG Swift - Asus PB278Q - 2x Bad Asus IPS 1080 Screens - Ducky Shine 3 w/Browns - Corsair m65 - Razer Orbweaver Clicky - Razer Sabertooth

Apple rMBP Late 2013 - Applie retina iPad 2 - Apple iPhone 5 - Apple iPod Classic - XBone - Wii U - Pikachu 3DS XL - Katsukity 3DS XL

Reduce the mic sensitivity on whatever program you are using. Also blues are the absolute loudest (and IMO most annoying) switch ever. Switching to reds or preferably brown will most likely solve your problem.

If you are super serious you can get a boom arm and put it in front of your mouth.