Sennheiser HD8 DJs?

Ok, doesn't beyerdynamic make some good stuff :3?

DT990s are great bassy headphones but are very open. I still think youre better of getting 2 things. It's less of a pain as well. DT990s at home, SE215/315 when youre out. You still have enough for a modmic aswell

DT990s are great bassy headphones but are very open. I still think youre better of getting 2 things. It's less of a pain as well. DT990s at home, SE215/315 when youre out. You still have enough for a modmic aswell

This is what I recommend the OP do as well. A very comfortable and well performing headphone for home use and a pair of SE215's or SE315's for portable use. 

Would I need a better amp for the DT990s then I already have?

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

Would I need a better amp for the DT990s then I already have?

What do you have now?

What motherbaord do you have?

What motherbaord do you have?

Asus M5A99X Evo r2.0, but the audio has been broken on it for ages.

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

Asus M5A99X Evo r2.0, but the audio has been broken on it for ages.

Hmm, I'm going to go ahead and say that USB thing is a pile of shit, but your motherboard doesnt help. I'd have to say yes you need a better amp

Grab a Denon D2000 and a modmic with a syba dac/amp then. Or if you're really against buying used, then go for Sony MDR 1R. Those are your 2 best options imo. 

Grab a Denon D2000 and a modmic with a syba dac/amp then. Or if you're really against buying used, then go for Sony MDR 1R. Those are your 2 best options imo.

What's the difference between the different models?

Nvm, It's just Bluetooth or noise canceling for the extra options.

What about the NAD VISO hp50s? Someone mentioned it earlier

What about the NAD VISO hp50s? Someone mentioned it earlier

They are quite good. Some people complain about the headband being too thin, but I thought it was very comfy.

What's the difference between the different models?

Nvm, It's just Bluetooth or noise canceling for the extra options.

Don't go for the noise canceling or Bluetooth models. I hear they don't sound as good.

I've read reviews that say XB500 is better than the XB700, in price vs performance. Tried the XB500 and it's indeed good, better than my expectation. Never tried the XB700.

MDR-1A (upgraded version of MDR-1R) is also good. Not as bass heavy as the XB series, but great sounds.

I've read reviews that say XB500 is better than the XB700, in price vs performance. Tried the XB500 and it's indeed good, better than my expectation. Never tried the XB700.

MDR-1A (upgraded version of MDR-1R) is also good. Not as bass heavy as the XB series, but great sounds.

They look interesting, but they aren't available on amazon anymore?? 

Edit: Oh, they come out today .-.

Have you heard those already? I didn't know they had released a new version but googling it looks like they will be released in the US on Oct 30th. I might get a pair of those pads and put them on my 1R to make them a bit more comfortable. 

Have you heard those already? I didn't know they had released a new version but googling it looks like they will be released in the US on Oct 30th. I might get a pair of those pads and put them on my 1R to make them a bit more comfortable. 

Yes, in Sony booth, along with the Z7. If I remember correctly, just some minor change, more metal in the unit, and they got silver color now. The sound is supposed to be an upgrade from 1R, but they don't have it side by side, so I can't really tell. Sounds good, that's for sure.

Yes, in Sony booth, along with the Z7. If I remember correctly, just some minor change, more metal in the unit, and they got silver color now. The sound is supposed to be an upgrade from 1R, but they don't have it side by side, so I can't really tell. Sounds good, that's for sure.

Would it be better than the Shure SRH1540?

Would it be better than the Shure SRH1540?

'Better' is subjective, but according to me, yeah, it's better than the SRH1540. Unfortunately it's also $200 more (in amazon).

Shure headphones don't 'match' my preference. Sounds good, but too flat for my taste. Shure IEMs however, those I like :)

The silver actually isn't new. It was just exclusive to Japan before.

The silver actually isn't new. It was just exclusive to Japan before.

Ah ok, didn't know that before. Looking at the price difference ($220 vs $300, $80 difference), I'm guessing it's supposed to be a replacement, the 1R is ready to be discontinued. Unlike the Hifiman HE-400, for example. With the HE-400 at $300, and the HE-400i at $600, I think the demands for the old HE-400 will still be around.