What to choose from EK

Unilision

So I've taken a look at this company http://www.ekwb.com/products/water-blocks/ and I've gotten curious about it, plan to get some water cooling from them, but I was hoping if anyone is using from them and could give me the pro's and con's about the companies product? Right now I'm planning to get an H100i for my CPU but for my motherboard, gpu and such wondering what's the best thing to protect the PC itself? 

I7 4790K • Corsair H110 • MSI Z97 SLI Krait Edition • Kingston Fury Hyper X (White)(16GB)(1866Mhz) • Crucial MX 100 512 GB • Seagate Barracuda 1TB • Phantek Enthoo Pro • EVGA G2 750 Watt 

Asus DRW Optical Drive • TP Link Wifi Adapter • Asus MX279H • CM Devastator Bundle (Blue) • Bitfenix Spectre Pro (White) • Windows 8.1

Galax Hall Of Fame 970

So I've taken a look at this company http://www.ekwb.com/products/water-blocks/ and I've gotten curious about it, plan to get some water cooling from them, but I was hoping if anyone is using from them and could give me the pro's and con's about the companies product? Right now I'm planning to get an H100i for my CPU but for my motherboard, gpu and such wondering what's the best thing to protect the PC itself? 

EK is a famous brand that makes great quality water-cooling gear. Nearly everybody in water-cooling business can vouch for that. :) You can't go wrong with them.

There aren't many differences between good brands though. EK, XSPC, Alphacool, Koolance, Swiftech... They all make great products.

SimRacer - Casual FSX Pilot!

Spoiler

Mobo: MSI B550 Tomahawk | CPU: Ryzen R5 3600 | GPU: Vega 64 Sapphire Nitro | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4 3200Mhz | PSU: EVGA P2 1000W 80Plus Platinum | Storage: 256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD - 1TB WD Black - 2TB Seagate HDD | Cooling: Dark Rock Pro 3, Noiseblocker eLoop Fans | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | Audio: Sennheiser HD598 - JBL LSR305s | Display: BenQ EX3501R, Asus VG278H

Spoiler

EK is a famous brand that makes great quality water-cooling gear. Nearly everybody in water-cooling business can vouch for that. :) You can't go wrong with them.

There aren't many differences between good brands though. EK, XSPC, Alphacool, Koolance, Swiftech... They all make great products.

That's good to know their products are top of the line, however since it is my first time using liquid cooling and I understand everyone says first timer's don't use it but gotta learn at some point right? I was wondering if getting like full cover water blocks are worth it than or such? or just simple chipsets are fine than 

I7 4790K • Corsair H110 • MSI Z97 SLI Krait Edition • Kingston Fury Hyper X (White)(16GB)(1866Mhz) • Crucial MX 100 512 GB • Seagate Barracuda 1TB • Phantek Enthoo Pro • EVGA G2 750 Watt 

Asus DRW Optical Drive • TP Link Wifi Adapter • Asus MX279H • CM Devastator Bundle (Blue) • Bitfenix Spectre Pro (White) • Windows 8.1

Galax Hall Of Fame 970

That's good to know their products are top of the line, however since it is my first time using liquid cooling and I understand everyone says first timer's don't use it but gotta learn at some point right? I was wondering if getting like full cover water blocks are worth it than or such? or just simple chipsets are fine than 

No problem, everyone starts as a newbie. :) They are worth it since you will be cooling parts like VRMs too. If you go for a non-full cover block then you have to put some heatsinks on the other parts that require cooling.

Spoiler

Mobo: MSI B550 Tomahawk | CPU: Ryzen R5 3600 | GPU: Vega 64 Sapphire Nitro | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4 3200Mhz | PSU: EVGA P2 1000W 80Plus Platinum | Storage: 256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD - 1TB WD Black - 2TB Seagate HDD | Cooling: Dark Rock Pro 3, Noiseblocker eLoop Fans | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | Audio: Sennheiser HD598 - JBL LSR305s | Display: BenQ EX3501R, Asus VG278H

Spoiler

I have always used EK but I will switch if they dont release a gtx 970 block first. It was retarded of them to just make a 980 block when common knowledge would show that people would buy two 970's for almost the price of one 980! And if that isn't plain as day, the price tag of 349 is going to reach a much bigger market segment than a price tag of 550! But when you can spend 600 for 2 cards and get better performance why bother buying 1 980? But hope alphacool releases theirs soon! IT looks SUPER GOOD, ek products are good but the aesthetics of them are kinda gay, bunch of circles all over the blocks, wish they had a just plain and simple look to pick from besides the circles..not very cool look but their product does work well.

No problem, everyone starts as a newbie. :) They are worth it since you will be cooling parts like VRMs too. If you go for a non-full cover block then you have to put some heatsinks on the other parts that require cooling.

What would you choose than to use from EK for this kind of build? 

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($358.95 @ DirectCanada) 
CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($98.98 @ DirectCanada) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-SLI ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($114.99 @ NCIX) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($187.98 @ Newegg Canada) 
Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($258.95 @ DirectCanada) 
Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 980 4GB Video Card (2-Way SLI)  ($619.99 @ NCIX) 
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 - 64-bit (OEM) (64-bit)  ($108.34 @ TigerDirect Canada) 
Case Fan: Aerocool DS 140mm Blue 93.4 CFM 140mm  Fan  ($28.84 @ TigerDirect Canada) 
Case Fan: Aerocool DS 140mm Blue 93.4 CFM 140mm  Fan  ($28.84 @ TigerDirect Canada) 
Total: $3008.70
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-09-29 17:57 EDT-0400

This is so far the current build that I plan on using for my Comp with a custom case that I will be building starting tomorrow.

As well plan on using negative pressure most likely inside of it. 

Galax Hall Of Fame 970

What would you choose than to use from EK for this kind of build? 

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($358.95 @ DirectCanada) 
CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($98.98 @ DirectCanada) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-SLI ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($114.99 @ NCIX) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($187.98 @ Newegg Canada) 
Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($258.95 @ DirectCanada) 
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 - 64-bit (OEM) (64-bit)  ($108.34 @ TigerDirect Canada) 
Total: $3008.70
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-09-29 17:57 EDT-0400

This is so far the current build that I plan on using for my Comp with a custom case that I will be building starting tomorrow.

As well plan on using negative pressure most likely inside of it. 

Well, you can get blocks from any good brand but I'd say go for EK since all of them are in the same price range. I'd get thick 360 and 240 rads (high fpi) for that setup. (1 360mm and 1 240mm) 980s don't put out too much heat. I've seen people using this rad setup for two 780 Tis. You should be more than ok. I'd get great quality rads from Alphacool, EK and XSPC or like I said any good brand...

Let me recommend a case too, Enthoo Luxe. Great for your setup. :) You can install a 420 on top and 240 on bottom in this case. (no pun intended.)

EDIT: fpi means fins per inch. Basically the cooling potential of the rad. You need more static pressure fans to push air through thick rads though. But you can run them on low rpms and your system will remain silent.  :) One of the major benefits of water-cooling

Spoiler

Spoiler

Well, you can get blocks from any good brand but I'd say go for EK since all of them are in the same price range. I'd get thick 360 and 240 rads (high fpi) for that setup. (1 360mm and 1 240mm) 980s don't put out too much heat. I've seen people using this rad setup for two 780 Tis. You should be more than ok. I'd get great quality rads from Alphacool, EK and XSPC or like I said any good brand...

Let me recommend a case too, Enthoo Luxe. Great for your setup. :) You can install a 420 on top and 240 on bottom in this case. (no pun intended.)

EDIT: fpi means fins per inch. Basically the cooling potential of the rad. You need more static pressure fans to push air through thick rads though. But you can run them on low rpms and your system will remain silent.  :) One of the major benefits of water-cooling

Thanks, greatly appreciate the advice, I'll make good use of what you said and yeah it is a nice case but I'm currently starting on a project that I posted on case and modding to get people's opinion, and I want to try it and see how well this turns out, basically it's this: 

0g7ue1s.jpg

It's.. rather ridiculously big and most complicated thing but I'm quite determine to make it worth somehow =P 

Also which blocks are you referring to exactly? 

Galax Hall Of Fame 970

Thanks, greatly appreciate the advice, I'll make good use of what you said and yeah it is a nice case but I'm currently starting on a project that I posted on case and modding to get people's opinion, and I want to try it and see how well this turns out, basically it's this: 

0g7ue1s.jpg

It's.. rather ridiculously big and most complicated thing but I'm quite determine to make it worth somehow =P 

You're welcome. :) Looking forward to see how it turns out! Good luck man!

Spoiler

Spoiler

You're welcome. :) Looking forward to see how it turns out! Good luck man!

Appreciate it !

Just to clarify things though, even though mother board blocks will be something nice to have, if I was to attempt to add in liquid cooling, does the size of the tube matter much besides the fact that you only need to know if it will fit inside the case or not ? 

Galax Hall Of Fame 970

Appreciate it !

Just to clarify things though, even though mother board blocks will be something nice to have, if I was to attempt to add in liquid cooling, does the size of the tube matter much besides the fact that you only need to know if it will fit inside the case or not ? 

According to Jayztwocents (respected pc gear youtuber) it doesn't matter at all. Just pick what looks best to you. :) Motherboard blocks are just for the eye-candy though, the parts are already cool anyway. :D

Spoiler

Spoiler

motherboard blocks are really for "if you got money to blow and want to add extra eye candy" as far as performance not really needed! I dont think my mobo gets over 29 degrees in my water loop system because of my good air flow! As far as tubing, it doesn't matter what size, we used to think the bigger was better as for less flow resistant, and more flow too and away from components. But turns out it doesn't really matter. I personally use 1/2ID 3/4OD because I like the way it looks! But there isnt a performance increase or decrease from this size or that!

I have brought from Ek's website multiple times and never had a problem ordering from them or using their products.

When i last brought something off them, they give me different shipping firms and methods to choose from with prices.

If you decide to go with EK, I have two tips for you:

1. Create an account with them.  That way your chart doesn’t empty, can monitor shipping progress, etc.

2. Sometimes it’s cheaper to split your order in two when it comes to shipping.

All the best with your build unilision

Like nkd said, mobo blocks aren't really necessary for your standard watercooling build. Maybe if you wanted to do something along the lines you could cool your RAM? That would look sick if you could handle rigid acrylic tubing (not too hard, watch some videos and get a general idea). Other than that, as far as EK goes, grab maybe a Supremacy EVO and two 980 blocks and you'll be set as far as that goes. For rads I've always liked alphacool and phobya best, they seem to have the best quality (and they look sick, especially G-Changers). Here's a useful link to finding exactly what parts you'd need and would be compatible with your hardware: http://www.coolingconfigurator.com/

Good luck!

I have always used EK but I will switch if they dont release a gtx 970 block first. It was retarded of them to just make a 980 block when common knowledge would show that people would buy two 970's for almost the price of one 980! And if that isn't plain as day, the price tag of 349 is going to reach a much bigger market segment than a price tag of 550! But when you can spend 600 for 2 cards and get better performance why bother buying 1 980? But hope alphacool releases theirs soon! IT looks SUPER GOOD, ek products are good but the aesthetics of them are kinda gay, bunch of circles all over the blocks, wish they had a just plain and simple look to pick from besides the circles..not very cool look but their product does work well.

I'm not sure I agree with you on it being "plain as day" that people will buy 2 970s vs 1 980, but in EK's defense, the 970 did not have a reference launch.  With all of the various AIBs launching their custom cards on day 1, EK won't be able to launch a single block that caters to all.  I'm willing to bet that even with all the people buying 970s, the number of buyers that they can reach per full cover water block design still can't match the 980.  

And they do have those plain and simple looks.  Their clean CSQ isn't on all their products, but they certainly have them.

I'm waiting to see what water blocks EK releases before pulling the trigger on a GPU.

Titan: Intel Core i7-5820K | ASUS X99-A | Crucial Ballistix Sport 4x4GB DDR4-2400 | ASUS Strix GeForce GTX 970 | OCZ Arc 100 2x256GB in RAID 0 | Seagate Barracuda 2x2TB in RAID 1

EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 | Fractal Design Define R5 Titanium Window | Phanteks PH-TC14PE | ASUS BW-12B1ST