First mechanical keyboard

I have decided to invest into a mechanical keyboard and I've done some research.

I do a lot of gaming, alongside programming, so I would like a keyboard with a nice clicky feedback (I don't mind the sound - if anything, I embrace it, gracefully). This gaming/typing mix seems to fit into Cherry Blue type of keys, am I correct?

I am not so much interested into

- customization,

- back lighting,

- macros

just want a clean and simple mechanical keyboard and I've come up with a Corsair K70 model:

- http://www.amazon.co.uk/Corsair-Vengeance-Performance-Mechanical-Keyboard/dp/B00JIVZUJI/ref=sr_1_2?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1411999773&sr=1-2&keywords=k70

What do you boys and girls think about this model?

The couple of things that matter are

- that it has a nice palm resting part,

- good buttons and,

- is easily cleaned if possible

Suggestions and remarks are welcome, I am still a newbie in mechanical keyboards and any type of help is appreciated. :) Thank you.

There are much cheaper ones without backlight and all, for 1/3 of that price. Look at the Ducky and Cherry has also quite some.

"Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength" Arnold

I would look at keyboards with Cherry MX Browns, Blues are loud and tend to annoy people in skype calls.

|King Of The Lost|
Project Dark: i7 7820x 5.1GHz | X299 Dark | Trident Z 32GB 3200MHz | GTX 1080Ti Hybrid | Corsair 760t | 1TB Samsung 860 Pro | EVGA Supernova G2 850w | H110i GTX
Lava: i9 12900k 5.1GHz (Undervolted to 1.26v)| MSI z690 Pro DDR4| Dominator Platnium 32GB 3800MHz| Power Color Red Devil RX 6950 XT| Seasonic Focus Platnium 850w| NZXT Kraken Z53
Unholy Rampage: i7 5930k 4.7GHz 4.4 Ring| X99 
Rampage|Ripjaws IV 16GB 2800 CL13| GTX 1080 Strix(Custom XOC Signed BIOS) | Seasonic Focus Platinum 850w |H100i v2 
Revenge of 775: Pentium 641 | Biostar TPower i45| Crucial Tracer 1066 DDR2 | GTX 580 Classified Ultra | EVGA 650 BQ | Noctua NH D14

Have you considered Cherry MX Greens? You'd like them if you like slamming your keyboard. 

"When in doubt, don't take your wallet out." - Dad

† TTCF Member †

There are much cheaper ones without backlight and all, for 1/3 of that price. Look at the Ducky and Cherry has also quite some.

Will have a look at those, thank you for the suggestion!

I would look at keyboards with Cherry MX Browns, Blues are loud and tend to annoy people in skype calls.

I don't mind the clickiness and I can always mute the microphone, will take a look at the brown ones. Are they any good both for gaming and typing?

Have you considered Cherry MX Greens? You'd like them if you like slamming your keyboard. 

No, I am not slamming my keyboard that much :P How are Greens different from the Blues for example?

This one is rather small for me :/ and I still would like to keep the num pad keys. Thank you for the suggestion though :)

Will have a look at those, thank you for the suggestion!

I don't mind the clickiness and I can always mute the microphone, will take a look at the brown ones. Are they any good both for gaming and typing?

No, I am not slamming my keyboard that much :P How are Greens different from the Blues for example?

This one is rather small for me :/ and I still would like to keep the num pad keys. Thank you for the suggestion though :)

Browns are great for gaming and typing you still get the Tactile bump of the Blues while having the low actuation force of the Reds.

|King Of The Lost|
Project Dark: i7 7820x 5.1GHz | X299 Dark | Trident Z 32GB 3200MHz | GTX 1080Ti Hybrid | Corsair 760t | 1TB Samsung 860 Pro | EVGA Supernova G2 850w | H110i GTX
Lava: i9 12900k 5.1GHz (Undervolted to 1.26v)| MSI z690 Pro DDR4| Dominator Platnium 32GB 3800MHz| Power Color Red Devil RX 6950 XT| Seasonic Focus Platnium 850w| NZXT Kraken Z53
Unholy Rampage: i7 5930k 4.7GHz 4.4 Ring| X99 
Rampage|Ripjaws IV 16GB 2800 CL13| GTX 1080 Strix(Custom XOC Signed BIOS) | Seasonic Focus Platinum 850w |H100i v2 
Revenge of 775: Pentium 641 | Biostar TPower i45| Crucial Tracer 1066 DDR2 | GTX 580 Classified Ultra | EVGA 650 BQ | Noctua NH D14

Corsair K70 is a good board.

Something else to consider: Ducky Premier is a no nonsense board and comes equipped with better PBT keycaps out of the box. If you are looking to save some dollars then I would suggest a CM Storm Quickfire keyboard with the size/layout of your choosing.

Also, you can always buy a wrist rest; the ones that come with keyboards aren't usually that comfortable anyway.

Corsair K70's LEDs apparently fry out like pop corn. The new RGB K70 shouldn't have this problem but they're also 20$ more. CM Storm makes some pretty nice keyboards, although I'm personally not a fan of that stupid, stupid font.

- Now with added  WUB WUB -

Browns are great for gaming and typing you still get the Tactile bump of the Blues while having the low actuation force of the Reds.

Thank you for the info! 

Corsair K70 is a good board.

Something else to consider: Ducky Premier is a no nonsense board and comes equipped with better PBT keycaps out of the box. If you are looking to save some dollars then I would suggest a CM Storm Quickfire keyboard with the size/layout of your choosing.

Also, you can always buy a wrist rest; the ones that come with keyboards aren't usually that comfortable anyway.

Hmm, CM Storm Quickfire looks really good, price range is great and I can buy one nearby. I agree, I can add a wrist rest I guess, that can be an option :) Thank you for the suggestion! 

Corsair K70's LEDs apparently fry out like pop corn. The new RGB K70 shouldn't have this problem but they're also 20$ more. CM Storm makes some pretty nice keyboards, although I'm personally not a fan of that stupid, stupid font.

Thank you for the reply, I got one more suggestion from Verne regarding CM Storm, so I think I will consider that one also :)

:lol:

Blues are still better for typing. They have a crisper actuation, and the feedback is much nicer than that of browns. Greens are a heavier blue.

Filco makes some nice, minimalistic keyboads. Also check out the Ergo Dox, if you can find one, they are worth every penny.

Das also has some  really nice boards.

Finally check out the Ducky Premier.

Blues are still better for typing. They have a crisper actuation, and the feedback is much nicer than that of browns. Greens are a heavier blue.

Filco makes some nice, minimalistic keyboads. Also check out the Ergo Dox, if you can find one, they are worth every penny.

Das also has some  really nice boards.

Finally check out the Ducky Premier.

I was thinking of getting a backlit keyboard a few months ago and fell in love with the Ducky Shine due to the lighting features and the build quality... Soon after I heard about the Corsair RGB and fell in love again so I started researching switch types and settled on Browns. So far I love my decision. I'm happy with the Browns and the K70 is great. I'm at a point where I'm debating whether I should return this KB and get the k70 RBG without the new logo and go with the Red switches instead. What's your opinion on that move? Is it worth going with Reds over browns just because of the logo? I really do like the original logo. But I also do a lot more typing than gaming so reds seem like they're just not the right choice for me. Should I try out the reds and see if I can live with them just to get the look of the new KB I want or be happy with the browns? i know that's a silly question since it's all preference but I just want to hear your opinion on using reds without actually "needing them"  lol