VLC Fullscreen crashes

virtualTune

So I know this has been a bug for ever with VLC where when you have 2 monitors and open a full screen application like a video game on the other, it will automatically close vlc. I presume it is designed to do that to minimize the load on the system if you would only use 1 monitor. 

I am wondering if there is a fix for that? I would assume that there is a simple line of code that could be edited/deleted. If anyone knows of a fix, or could edit the code please let me know :)

-vT

5.1GHz 4770k

My Specs

Intel i7-4770K @ 4.7GHz | Corsair H105 w/ SP120 | Asus Gene VI | 32GB Corsair Vengeance LP | 2x GTX 780Ti| Corsair 750D | OCZ Agility 3 | Samsung 840/850 | Sandisk SSD | 3TB WD RED | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | Corsair RM850 | ASUS PB278Q | SyncMaster 2370HD | SyncMaster P2450

fix VLC by uninstalling it and installing MPC-HC

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Don't know of a fix, but you could just use MPC-HC, with CCCP.

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

fix VLC by uninstalling it and installing MPC-HC

Too true and install madVR while your at it.

Don't know of a fix, but you could just use MPC-HC, with CCCP.

MPC-HC doesn't need camp because it has law filters built in. Also I can never support places like camp that just repackage other work.

Fixed it. Set it to Always on Top. That way it doesn't assume it is being covered by another window. 

5.1GHz 4770k

My Specs

Intel i7-4770K @ 4.7GHz | Corsair H105 w/ SP120 | Asus Gene VI | 32GB Corsair Vengeance LP | 2x GTX 780Ti| Corsair 750D | OCZ Agility 3 | Samsung 840/850 | Sandisk SSD | 3TB WD RED | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | Corsair RM850 | ASUS PB278Q | SyncMaster 2370HD | SyncMaster P2450

Fixed it. Set it to Always on Top. That way it doesn't assume it is being covered by another window. 

You couldn't do that from the beginning before posting? Gosh vT, slacking it now.

Question.Why not use splash pro?Is better

Beware of him that is slow to anger; for when it is long coming, it is the stronger when it comes, and the longer kept. Abused patience turns to fury.

Because that POS has a price tag mate. VLC + MPC-HC are free.

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

Because that POS has a price tag mate. VLC + MPC-HC are free.

Plus not much handles stuff better than MPC-HC

Plus not much handles stuff better than MPC-HC

never had an issue with VLC besides this

You couldn't do that from the beginning before posting? Gosh vT, slacking it now.

you just posted to close in on 12k 

5.1GHz 4770k

My Specs

Hey, I sent you something on skype as a solution. I should get one free post here then. :P

Hey, I sent you something on skype as a solution. I should get one free post here then. :P

didn't see it until just now

5.1GHz 4770k

My Specs

never had an issue with VLC besides this

There are just inherent issues with VLC it self and well it also just done a plain worse job.