3570k overclock with h60

I want to overclock my 3570k but wanted to know what i could expect with a h60 in temperatures. I was going to get a 212 evo from cooler master but i do not have enough space in my 200r with my fans installed on the side. I am not planning on overclocking very high at max 4.2 but if i can keep it cool enough i plan on going higher. any advice would be helpful

My rig  case- Graphite 600t white CPU-i5 3570k OC 4.0Ghz RAM- 8gb Vengeance memory HDD-WD Black 1tb PSU-tx650 GPU- MSI 770 gameing edition 2gb , gtx 650 1gb Motherboard- asrock extreme 3 z77 Fan controller- NZXT sentry lx CPU cooler- H60 Peripherals- g300 mouse G630 headset k70 silver cherry mx red switches  my free nas nas Case- Dell something.. Ram- 8 gb ecc ddr 2 CPU - Pentium D 3.0ghz HDD currently 160 gb adding 3tb wd red “Sucking at something is the first step to being sorta good at something” –Jake the Dog

A H60 would be enough for a small overclock.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

Depends on your chip, if you got lucky with silicon lottery then you should be able to undervolt it and still OC to 4.2 easily and have lower than stock temps. First make sure all your settings in bios are right for overclocking then I would start at 42 multi with 1.2v on core and stress test that. If it is stable and you are getting good temps then up the multi to 43 or 44 and test if it is stable again, if it isn't up voltage on core until it is stable and check temps. Do this until you are happy.

Edit* I'm 100% sure there will be a intel response guy posting here soon enough with a more detailed response.

the only thing that is going to have a effect on temp's is the voltages you use to keep the overclock

stable, what I would do is set it to whatever overclock your wanting, from there play

with voltages and see how low you can get the voltage while still continuing to stay stable,

set your multiplier>set voltage>test temps and overclock via prime 95 and rinse and repeat
until you reach your minimum stable voltage for the overclock. keep in mind the temps you

will get to in prime 95 are pretty unrealistic depending on what you use your PC for, so don't

expect prime 95 temps from your normal usage.

ok thank you for all the information :)

My rig  case- Graphite 600t white CPU-i5 3570k OC 4.0Ghz RAM- 8gb Vengeance memory HDD-WD Black 1tb PSU-tx650 GPU- MSI 770 gameing edition 2gb , gtx 650 1gb Motherboard- asrock extreme 3 z77 Fan controller- NZXT sentry lx CPU cooler- H60 Peripherals- g300 mouse G630 headset k70 silver cherry mx red switches  my free nas nas Case- Dell something.. Ram- 8 gb ecc ddr 2 CPU - Pentium D 3.0ghz HDD currently 160 gb adding 3tb wd red “Sucking at something is the first step to being sorta good at something” –Jake the Dog

For reference, I have a 3570K @ 4.4GHz at 1.248ish voltages. Running Prime for about 10ish minutes gets the temps at about 75 degrees C paired with a Noctua NF-P12 set to Medium. I have a Hydro H50 currently. The Prime95 temps are the Max value. Currently I'm running BOINC, so that's the "current" value.

post-7355-0-61538600-1370203481.jpg

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

just some conversion help..

From Celsius to Fahrenheit: °F = (°C × 9/5) + 32

From Fahrenheit to Celsius: °C = (°F - 32) × 5/9

175°F is 79°C

apparently will not convert to tables, pooh!

airdeano

Fahrenheit... cannot... read... *explodes*  :rolleyes:

Woops. Forgot to convert it.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

For reference, I have a 3570K @ 4.4GHz at 1.248ish voltages. Running Prime for about 10ish minutes gets the temps at about 75 degrees C paired with a Noctua NF-P12 set to Medium. I have a Hydro H50 currently. The Prime95 temps are the Max value. Currently I'm running BOINC, so that's the "current" value.

attachicon.gifCapture.JPG

Those are beauty temp's for prime 95, I imagine you could probably do even 4.5-4.7 and still be able to get temps below 85-90 on prime 95, just beware of anything at or over 1.4 voltages, its the danger zone