majority of my fonts are now bold in chrome

Epicwhale
Go to solution Solved by VMaxMuffin,

Sorry I can't help you any further then. Maybe post on Google's Product Forums and see if you can get help there.

https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!forum/chrome

EDIT:
Lots of search results here... https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topicsearchin/chrome/font%7Csort:relevance

Today when I turned on my computer and went into chrome all of the fonts have changed into BOLD text on every website.

Things I've tried:

Comparing with firefox (looks normal in firefox)
sfc /scannow

disabled extensions

changing windows theme

changing fonts in chrome

running mbam

help me pls this looks horrible.

ebdfb48998.png

| CPU: Intel Skylake i5-6600K @ 4.5Ghz | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB @ 2400Mhz | MOBO: GIGABYTE Z170XP-SLI | GPU: GIGABYTE GTX 980 | HDD: 2TB, 1TB, 3x 300GB | Monitors: 1920x1080 3x1 | Windows 7 x64 Ultimate |

I had this problem recently and only just worked it out - you need to disable DirectWrite in chrome by going here: chrome://flags/#disable-direct-write

I had this problem recently and only just worked it out - you need to disable DirectWrite in chrome by going here: chrome://flags/#disable-direct-write

I've tried this before but I'll try it again

I also noticed that my Logitech G510 Keyboard LCD screen also has changed fonts too, as has rainmeter.

EDIT: yep that didn't fix it.

| CPU: Intel Skylake i5-6600K @ 4.5Ghz | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB @ 2400Mhz | MOBO: GIGABYTE Z170XP-SLI | GPU: GIGABYTE GTX 980 | HDD: 2TB, 1TB, 3x 300GB | Monitors: 1920x1080 3x1 | Windows 7 x64 Ultimate |

Ok somewhat off-topic but your profile pic gives me the impression your somewhat insane. *shrugs*

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

I've tried this before but I'll try it again

I also noticed that my Logitech G510 Keyboard LCD screen also has changed fonts too, as has rainmeter.

EDIT: yep that didn't fix it.

Did you make sure to completely quit chrome? Also try clearing you cache and cookies, I think I did that too.

Did you make sure to completely quit chrome? Also try clearing you cache and cookies, I think I did that too.

yeah, I tried clearing everything and restarting pc/chrome.

Sorry I can't help you any further then. Maybe post on Google's Product Forums and see if you can get help there.

https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!forum/chrome

EDIT:

Lots of search results here... https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topicsearchin/chrome/font%7Csort:relevance

Strange... I reinstalled chrome (which didn't fix it) and then tried the direct write thing again and it seems to have fixed it.

Appreciate the help!

EDIT:

That actually wasn't the issue.

I decided to reinstall windows today out of the blue and once I got it up and running I continued to install my normal programs I use.

One of them happened to be EVGA Precision X 16. This program right here is a culprit. It changes the default ARIAL BOLD font into a completely different (ugly) font.

Uninstalling this program and reinstalling Arial Bold which a friend sent me fixed the problem.

Strange... I reinstalled chrome (which didn't fix it) and then tried the direct write thing again and it seems to have fixed it.

Appreciate the help!

EDIT:

That actually wasn't the issue.

I decided to reinstall windows today out of the blue and once I got it up and running I continued to install my normal programs I use.

One of them happened to be EVGA Precision X 16. This program right here is a culprit. It changes the default ARIAL BOLD font into a completely different (ugly) font.

Uninstalling this program and reinstalling Arial Bold which a friend sent me fixed the problem.

Thank you SO MUCH for this! I have been raging over ugly bold fonts for the past few days :D

If i might add, the EVGA Precision X keeps a copy of the Arial Bold font in its installation folder in "Program files / Precision X / fonts" etc.. So to fix this I reinstalled Precision X, copied the font from the installation folder, uninstalled Precision X and reinstalled Arial Bold (moved to C:/Windows/Fonts)