Headphone amp

Voie

Go to solution Solved by BoltActionWaffle,

Okay, but will the E6 actually be an upgrade from the ss one? Also, I am probably only going to use this with my desktop pc, and I will use it for gaming and listening to music, what is the best option, is the E6 just fine or is another one (maybe a little bit more expensive) better, and what will getting one that is an dac too, do?

An Amp/DAC combo won't benefit the 9H, just get the E6, it'll drive you headphones to very loud volumes. Unless you plan on buying much harder to drive headphones in the future, there isn't a good reason to getting anything better.

Hey guys, this is my first post here, and I am considering an headphone amp. I have the steelseries 9h and the soundcard that comes with it doesn't give nearly as loud sound as I want. Right now I am using the old siberia soundcard which i can have loud volume with, but I don't really like it  Do you guys know about a good headphone amplifier that doesnt cost too much and that I can crank the volume up pretty high. It needs to be availbable in Europe, as I live in Norway. It can be both an external or internal.

Budget? 

A good brand with products with good value vs performance is the Fiio. E6 is cheap, small, and does the job. Or go a bit better with the E10k. A syba DAC should also do the job, but I don't know if it's available in EU

Thank you for fast answers. I was thinking under 50-60 dollars, but the fiio e6 looked pretty good. I also like to have quite a lot of bass when I listen to music, so can I do that with the e6?

Thank you for fast answers. I was thinking under 50-60 dollars, but the fiio e6 looked pretty good. I also like to have quite a lot of bass when I listen to music, so can I do that with the e6?

E6 got bass boost EQ preset, but not a lot of people like it (the bass EQ). It boosts bass very much, it becomes muddy and a bit garbled. E6 can't go very far, meaning, when someday you upgrade to higher and harder to drive headphones, no guarantee the E6 will be able to drive it. But for current one, the SS, E6 should be fine.

Okay, but will the E6 actually be an upgrade from the ss one? Also, I am probably only going to use this with my desktop pc, and I will use it for gaming and listening to music, what is the best option, is the E6 just fine or is another one (maybe a little bit more expensive) better, and what will getting one that is an dac too, do?

E6 got bass boost EQ preset, but not a lot of people like it (the bass EQ). It boosts bass very much, it becomes muddy and a bit garbled. E6 can't go very far, meaning, when someday you upgrade to higher and harder to drive headphones, no guarantee the E6 will be able to drive it. But for current one, the SS, E6 should be fine.

Whoops, forgot to quote.

An Amp/DAC combo won't benefit the 9H, just get the E6, it'll drive you headphones to very loud volumes. Unless you plan on buying much harder to drive headphones in the future, there isn't a good reason to getting anything better.

Thank you! I will most likely buy the E6 then. You guys at LTT are awesome! So fast and helpful.