H80i + 4670k temps?

Nubiewon

Hey guys,

I recently repasted and remounted my h80i since my temps were urneasonably high under just gaming load. I used Arctic MX-2 to repaste and my 4670k is running stock speeds and volts (turbos to 3.8 ghz w/ 1.044 V).

Before:

idle = 40C

load = 70-80C

Now:

idle=35C

load = 62C

So there definitely is about 8-18C improvement which is I think substantial. But when I read other people's temps online and they are OC to 4.2 ghz or higher with voltage at like 1.25 V and get temps similar ot better than mine. So am I still doing something wrong? I want to do a modest OC to just 4 ghz but am afraid to do so just cuz I think my temps are still high and will skyrocket once I OC.

For the record, I did a prime95 small FFT test for 4 min and my temps shot up to 85C. I checked for loosely backplate and block but everything seems sturdy and tight. My fan speeds are at 2000 rpm cuz I used balanced mode and pump is running at 2250 rpm so it seems to be fine. So what should I do now? And if I were to hypothetically OC to 4 ghz under current conditions with (asuming I have a mediocre at best OCer) 1.2V, what temps should I expect under gaming load?

I am still relatively new to the whole computer building world so please go easy on me. Thanks!

Hey guys,

I recently repasted and remounted my h80i since my temps were urneasonably high under just gaming load. I used Arctic MX-2 to repaste and my 4670k is running stock speeds and volts (turbos to 3.8 ghz w/ 1.044 V).

Before:

idle = 40C

load = 70-80C

Now:

idle=35C

load = 62C

So there definitely is about 8-18C improvement which is I think substantial. But when I read other people's temps online and they are OC to 4.2 ghz or higher with voltage at like 1.25 V and get temps similar ot better than mine. So am I still doing something wrong? I want to do a modest OC to just 4 ghz but am afraid to do so just cuz I think my temps are still high and will skyrocket once I OC.

For the record, I did a prime95 small FFT test for 4 min and my temps shot up to 85C. I checked for loosely backplate and block but everything seems sturdy and tight. My fan speeds are at 2000 rpm cuz I used balanced mode and pump is running at 2250 rpm so it seems to be fine. So what should I do now? And if I were to hypothetically OC to 4 ghz under current conditions with (asuming I have a mediocre at best OCer) 1.2V, what temps should I expect under gaming load?

I am still relatively new to the whole computer building world so please go easy on me. Thanks!

Prime95 is bad, it overvolts the hell out of your cpu, use intel extreme tuning utility and the burn test that comes with it. You should be able to hit 4.4ghz fairly easy with the cooler, I am currently using an evo 212 and I am at 4.4ghz @1.275V Intel burn test puts me about 83C. But using it I can't say I have seen it past 65C

Ryzen 3700x -Evga RTX 2080 Super- Msi x570 Gaming Edge - G.Skill Ripjaws 3600Mhz RAM - EVGA SuperNova G3 750W -500gb 970 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 850 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 840 Evo  - 4Tb WD Blue- NZXT h500 - ROG Swift PG348Q

But how are my current temps at stock speed and volts? Aren't they a bit high? Because I feel like once I OC to 4ghz, I might exceed the 65C mark since it's already hitting 62C right now. And you said you are getting 65C at 4.4 with 1.275 volts so there must be something wrong?

man them AIO are horrible! the problem is your cooling device bud, Those rads/pumps/coolant are just junk! the best way to keep your device cooler is custom water loop! I used to use a AIO but was very disappointed in the temps i was getting not much better than air cooling and it appears to be the same with you. But after i did a custom water loop my idl temp is at 28 degrees and under load with intel burn test and prime95 i have never seen it hotter than 38 degrees. and that is with sli waterblocks and a cpu all on the same loop! I wouldn't get any higher temps than what your gettin under load. Thats considered safe to some but to me I dont like anything above 45 degrees! But I'd definitely look into water cooling!