Anti-Virus Essentials. And protecting yourself from hackers!

TopNotchPCLol

I use avast! Internet security, I used avast! Free for many years, was so happy with them so far I invested in the complet security pack.

I used MSE for a while, But wouldn't use it now because it scored very low on the last av-test

I use avast! as well and I had a little bit of fun purposefully downloading viruses (on a VM of course) and seeing if it would pick it up. I'm glad to say it picked up 19/20 I tried, which is better than windows default security which only picked up about 10/20. I haven't tried any others but I'm happy with Avast! now I've removed that stupid "Your virus database has been update" speech.

-Pow3rCut

avast is a good anti viurs program

amd fx 6300  @4.4ghz @1.4/ga-970a-ud3/HD78702gb /antec 620w psu

Guys please do not use Comodo or Norton. Commodo had WAY too many false positives, and you cannot just randomly click (Clean) like you can for most Anti-Virus softwares without damaging your OS. Has anyone downloaded and tried out my package? Is there anything I forgot(maybe a help file?)

And norton can sometimes be a huge pain in the behind to remove. I had too TeamViewer a friends computer and remove norton, and it shut off the internet everytime I tried.

Guys please do not use Comodo or Norton. Commodo had WAY too many false positives, and you cannot just randomly click (Clean) like you can for most Anti-Virus softwares without damaging your OS. Has anyone downloaded and tried out my package? Is there anything I forgot(maybe a help file?)
Have over 6yrs using Comodo and not a single issue with it, even all computer i fix they go out with it none come back with virus issues or complains that the Comodo is too strict... I prefer something to remember you, do you trust this? than allow everything to enter your machine

Corsair 500r White - Sabertooth 990FX - FX8150 @ 4.6Ghz - Gskill Sniper 1866 - XFX Double D 7970

Creative Recon3D Fatal1ty - OCZ Vertex3 120GB - WD Black 2TB - Ultra X4 Modular 850w PSU

Honestly all you need is malwarebytes free to scan downloaded files, a constant scanner takes away performance and unless your browsing the darker parts of the net

its generally overkill to have something running constantly.

I say this because the last time i was infected, i did it purposely for some rainy day fun.

CPU: AMD FX-8350 - Noctua NH-D14 | Asus Crosshair V Formula | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Plextor M5P Extreme 256GB SSD

GPU - Asus AMD Radeon 6950 Direct CU II 2GB |

Seasonic 1000 W Platinum | Cooler Master 690 ii Advanced | Asus VE248H + VE248Q

I personally run Microsoft Security Essentials, Malewarebytes, and Spybot on every machine I have. They're also the programs I tend to suggest to everyone lol.

Ive been using avast for 3 Years now, Awesome free anti virus!

i have paid for malwarebytes and as it was only £20 it was well worth it, life time updates and doesn't us hardly any computer resources to run it

I have used a lot of these programs but never get any viruses I must be doing it wrong

Kaspersky anti-virus (and/or their firewall), COMODO firewall and No-Script does it for me. I also use a HOSTS blacklist from mvps.org

I use malwarebytes pro and windows 8's built in security , they update themselfs quietly int he background and dont bother the user like a silent protector should.

cant recomend malwarebytes pro enough , you only need to by it once for each computer to have.

Am I the only one using AVG? LOL, I just needed one, and considering I'm not usually attractive to viruses, I do not think it's a huge problem :P
I have also been using AVG free for as long as i can remember. And my PC seems to be virus free ;-)

I use AVG free, it seems to work well :-P I see a lot of you using Avast, is it better?