Pentium G3258 OC Issues [ SOLVED ]

So I tried to overclock my Pentium, which is in a Z97I-Plus with a Hyper 212X on it, and it's getting nice thermals, I put the voltage up and that worked, I followed the guide, so I had sync all cores and 42. I booted into windows and ran a stress test, but then I realised, it didn't get to 4.2GHZ, so I investigated in HWMonitor and CPU Z, and it was getting the right voltages and OCCT also said that, but the CPU always stayed at 3.2GHZ, and even CPU-Z showed the multipliers being 8-42, but it would always stay at 32. 

If anyone could help me solve my problem, i'd be very happy.

Computers and Stuff

Spoiler

Crappy PC: i5 4690K, Z97I-Plus, 16GB DDR3 1600MHZ, WD Black 1TB, Hyper 212X, Gigabyte R9 270, Fractal Design Integra M, Red Bitfenix Prodigy

Peripherals: Headphones- HyperX Cloud II Keyboard-Vengeance K70 Cherry Red Mouse-Thermaltake Black Element Monitor-Asus VE248 Laptop: Yoga 2 Pro : i5, 8GB RAM 256GB SSD 

When i first got mine, i left the volts on auto and only changed the multiplier.....with stock cooler 4.5Ghz stable

Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Corsair H105, Gigabyte x570 Aorus Elite, Corsair Vengeance 32GB 3600MHz, EVGA RTX 3070Ti FTW3, Samsung 850 Pro / WD SN850 / OCZ Trion 150

ASUS MG279Q, Corsair Carbide 275R

update the BIOS. I had to do this with my Z97i-plus to get my G3258 overclocking. You can do it via AISuite EZ Update or via the BIOS by putting the .cap file on a FAT32 USB.

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA1150/Z97I-PLUS/Z97I-PLUS-ASUS-2105.zip

update the BIOS. I had to do this with my Z97i-plus to get my G3258 overclocking. You can do it via AISuite EZ Update or via the BIOS by putting the .cap file on a FAT32 USB.

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA1150/Z97I-PLUS/Z97I-PLUS-ASUS-2105.zip

Thanks, that fixed it. Can't believe I forgot to do that

Computers and Stuff

Spoiler

Crappy PC: i5 4690K, Z97I-Plus, 16GB DDR3 1600MHZ, WD Black 1TB, Hyper 212X, Gigabyte R9 270, Fractal Design Integra M, Red Bitfenix Prodigy

Peripherals: Headphones- HyperX Cloud II Keyboard-Vengeance K70 Cherry Red Mouse-Thermaltake Black Element Monitor-Asus VE248 Laptop: Yoga 2 Pro : i5, 8GB RAM 256GB SSD