Help with Windows XP .-.

So I replaced my HDD in my old Sony Vaio computer and now I need to re-install Windows XP on it, does anyone have to was to get the ISO to a usb drive because for some reason, my computer cannot boot from a DVD drive. Thanks :P

Ran by coffee

Google it, you'll find it.

My Rig :  Case: Cooler Master HAF X ,Motherboard: Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H,PSU: Seasonic SS-750KM3,Processor: Core I7 4770k (overclocked 4.7ghz),Cooler: Corsair H100i, GPU: EVGA GTX 780 with acx cooler, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 16gb DDR3 1600 (overclocked to 2000mhz), HDDS  Samsung 840 EVO 250 gb SSD , Western digital  2tb 7200 rpm 64mb cache, Old 1tb laptop drive I had , 320gb for os backup daily, 80gb external for weekly backups,Drives 2x Lg Blu Ray burner WH16MS40,MISC: Tp-Link dual band wireless card, Logitech g510s, Razer Deathadder 2013, Acer G236HLBbd 23" monitor, Old tv I had 23" for secondary monitor, old 32" samsung tv third monitor

Google it, you'll find it.

I have for the past hour, hense why I posted something here.

Ran by coffee

I have for the past hour, hense why I posted something here.

Aren't really allowed to post that here. You could just clone the drive if you want to keep all your programs.

My Rig :  Case: Cooler Master HAF X ,Motherboard: Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H,PSU: Seasonic SS-750KM3,Processor: Core I7 4770k (overclocked 4.7ghz),Cooler: Corsair H100i, GPU: EVGA GTX 780 with acx cooler, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 16gb DDR3 1600 (overclocked to 2000mhz), HDDS  Samsung 840 EVO 250 gb SSD , Western digital  2tb 7200 rpm 64mb cache, Old 1tb laptop drive I had , 320gb for os backup daily, 80gb external for weekly backups,Drives 2x Lg Blu Ray burner WH16MS40,MISC: Tp-Link dual band wireless card, Logitech g510s, Razer Deathadder 2013, Acer G236HLBbd 23" monitor, Old tv I had 23" for secondary monitor, old 32" samsung tv third monitor

Aren't really allowed to post that here. You could just clone the drive if you want to keep all your programs.

Sorry :( I haven't been of the fourm that long

Ran by coffee

Sorry :( I haven't been of the fourm that long

That's okay I read your post a little wrong anyways. Visit this

That's okay I read your post a little wrong anyways. Visit this

Thanks man, your're a lot of help :)

Ran by coffee

There is a program called "WintoFlash".  I think it is free for a period of time and only like $20 after.  Its worth your time and money.

Please spend as much time writing your question, as you want me to spend responding to it.  Take some time, and explain your issue, please!

Spoiler

If you need to learn how to install Windows, check here:  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/324871-guide-how-to-install-windows-the-right-way/

Event Viewer 101: https://youtu.be/GiF9N3fJbnE

There is a program called "WintoFlash".  I think it is free for a period of time and only like $20 after.  Its worth your time and money.

I think the Windows one he gave me will work, and I tried WintoFlash, it wasn't working at all, kept giving me errors

Ran by coffee

I assume you have an ISO as I don't know where you can get one. I think that the WIndows USB installer is designed for Windows 7, you might want to try Rufus if the Windows USB program fails.

Keep us posted, I'm interested in this myself :)

"PSU brands are meaningless, look up the OEM."

Thanks man, your're a lot of help :)

Yea I thought you needed the iso, my dyslexia at work. :P

I assume you have an ISO as I don't know where you can get one. I think that the WIndows USB installer is designed for Windows 7, you might want to try Rufus if the Windows USB program fails.

So you where right, the Window 7 one didn't work, I tried using the one I use for Linux and it got through, but my computer wouldn't boot off it so I'll go try Rufus 

Ran by coffee

So here is what is happening... 

Rufus= This version of Rufus only supports bootable ISOs based on bootmgr/WinPE, isolinux or EFI This ISO doesn't appear to use either

I got PowerISO to work but I have yet to see if it will boot.

Ran by coffee

PowerISO make it, but didn't boot, yours didn't even read the ISO, Grrr Windows...

Ran by coffee

PowerISO make it, but didn't boot, yours didn't even read the ISO, Grrr Windows...

Really? Odd, I'm making a boot USB from Rufus right now. How did you get your ISO file? Does it have Joliet and ISO 9600 info? What version of Rufus are you using?

Edit: I'm making it now, it remains to be seen if it works, but Rufus read the ISO.

Another edit: I used Rufus 1.4.9, but I just tried 1.4.10 and it read the ISO file fine. What exactly is the issue with reading the file? Does it give an error?

"PSU brands are meaningless, look up the OEM."

Try using YUMI Boot, I use it for a multi-purpose flash drive that has a few windows installs. If that doesn't work your ISO may be dead.

"I take my spirit and I smash my mirrors,
And now the whole world is here for me to see,
Now I'm searching for my love to be."
-Jimi Hendrix, Room Full of Mirrors