Good course for getting A+ certified?

willielikesmonkeys

Basically I want to get my A+ for self confidence (So I know I can handle a small network) and to have something to  add to a resume. I'm still in highschool and I just want something super basic to start. My school district doesn't have anything in the way of computer training in work experience. So I'd like some sort of course I can take online (paid or free) to get me ready to actually take the exam, and maybe teach me a few things I didn't know. 

Ginger (Main Desktop):

AMD A10 5800K / MSI Twin Frozr iii Radeon HD 7850 / Corsair XMS 8GB Dual Channel @ 1333MHz / MSI FM2-A75MA-E35

Testout offers an A+ program, however it's going to run you about $700.

http://www.testout.com/home/it-certification-training/labsim-certification-training/pc-pro

~Remember to quote posts to continue support on your thread~
-Don't be this kind of person-

CPU:  AMD Ryzen 7 5800x | RAM: 2x16GB Crucial Ripjaws Z | Cooling: XSPC/EK/Bitspower loop | MOBO: Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master | PSU: Seasonic Prime 750 Titanium  

SSD: 250GB Samsung 980 PRO (OS) | 1TB Crucial MX500| 2TB Crucial P2 | Case: Phanteks Evolv X | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (with EK Block) | HDD: 1x Seagate Barracuda 2TB

Testout is a good one for it.

I'll be getting A+ certified next semester, currently this semester I'll be getting Cisco certified and Security pro certified. (All paid by the school! :D)

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Testout offers an A+ program, however it's going to run you about $700.

http://www.testout.com/home/it-certification-training/labsim-certification-training/pc-pro

ive seen deals for A+ certs for around 100$ so look out for those op

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

Testout is a good one for it.

I'll be getting A+ certified next semester, currently this semester I'll be getting Cisco certified and Security pro certified. (All paid by the school! :D)

You're in highschool? And you took the testout course? was it fair? 

Ginger (Main Desktop):

AMD A10 5800K / MSI Twin Frozr iii Radeon HD 7850 / Corsair XMS 8GB Dual Channel @ 1333MHz / MSI FM2-A75MA-E35

You're in highschool? And you took the testout course? was it fair? 

Yes I'm in highschool, currently I am working on the Network course to become cisco certified, (I started with it on the 2nd of this month and have been doing the course for an hour per day, 5 days a week) I'm almost to the certification exam, though there are others in the class who are only half as far as I am.

The course is somewhat difficult, at least for me it is.

Is it fair? erm, I guess it is?

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Yes I'm in highschool, currently I am working on the Network course to become cisco certified, (I started with it on the 2nd of this month and have been doing the course for an hour per day, 5 days a week) I'm almost to the certification exam, though there are others in the class who are only half as far as I am.

The course is somewhat difficult, at least for me it is.

Is it fair? erm, I guess it is?

Do they do the actual certification exam too or do I need to do something different to take that?

Ginger (Main Desktop):

Do they do the actual certification exam too or do I need to do something different to take that?

Testout does the actual exam, most of them are around 15 questions, along with 20-50 tasks that you must do in a virtual environment type thing. (At least that's how it is for the cisco certification, not sure about the a+ one)

Testout does the actual exam, most of them are around 15 questions, along with 20-50 tasks that you must do in a virtual environment type thing. (At least that's how it is for the cisco certification, not sure about the a+ one)

Thanks a ton for your help :) 

Also one last thing, do you have a dedicated IT teacher to manage it or someone who isn't experienced with technology or did you just do everything yourself?

Ginger (Main Desktop):

Thanks a ton for your help :)

Also one last thing, do you have a dedicated IT teacher to manage it or someone who isn't experienced with technology or did you just do everything yourself?

My teacher is running 3 classes at once in the same room, Computer networking & security, IB computer programming, and computer programming, from what I have seen he is very very experienced with technology and is able to help us with things if needed.

But with testout its pretty much on your own for learning, there are videos that explain things to you and walls of text for you to read to understand some of the terms better, then as a sort of test there are virtual environments and "exams", most exams being anywhere from 2 to 30 questions.

My teacher is running 3 classes at once in the same room, Computer networking & security, IB computer programming, and computer programming, from what I have seen he is very very experienced with technology and is able to help us with things if needed.

But with testout its pretty much on your own for learning, there are videos that explain things to you and walls of text for you to read to understand some of the terms better, then as a sort of test there are virtual environments and "exams", most exams being anywhere from 2 to 30 questions.

Thanks again for the help :)

Ginger (Main Desktop):