BenQ GW2765HT 1440p IPS Monitor

In the search for a monitor, I came across the BenQ GW2765HT, relatively new monitor released last month. Hence no reviews are available right now(that I can find). I can get it for $429.99 + Free Shipping via Amazon(GW2765HT). How many of you guys uses or have used BenQ monitors?

Information and official page:

benq_gw2765ht-1.jpg

GW2765HT-large1.jpg

Specs:

Screen Size 27"W
Aspect Ratio 16:9
Resolution (max.) 2560x1440
Pixel Pitch (mm) 0.2331
Brightness ( typ.) 350 cd/㎡
Contrast ( typ. ) 1000:1
DCR (Dynamic Contrast Ratio) (typ.) 20M:1
Panel Type IPS
Viewing Angle (L/R;U/D) (CR>=10) 178°/178°
Response Time(Tr+Tf) typ. 4ms(GTG)
Display Colors 1.07 Billion
Color Gamut 100% sRGB
Input Connector D-sub / DVI-DL / DP / HDMI / Headphone jack / Audio-in
Speaker 1Wx2
Power Supply (90~264 AC) Built-in
Power Consumption (Base on Energy star ) 32W
(Power saving mode) <0.5W

Official Page

What do you guys think? I'm buying a monitor next week, I am not so sure if going from 1080p 23" to 1440p 27" is a big deal but the monitor for its features and price got me interested. I am between the BenQ, the Asus PB278Q or stay 1080p and buy the IPS Asus PB238Q for just $211. 

My budget for a monitor is $500 and it has to be sold and shipped by Amazon(Prime membership)

The PC I'm building next month will be used for gaming, video/image editing and music recording.

●CPU: i7-4790K w/H100i ●Mobo: MSI Z97 MPower ●RAM: Corsair 16GB Dominator ●GPU: EVGA ACX SC 780 3GB(X2) ●SSD: 850 Pro 256GB ●Case: 450D ●PSU: AX 860i ●Monitor: Asus PB278Q 1440p

@Accursed Entity, I'm kind of in the same situation as you. I'm planning a build for this year or some time next year and I'd been trying to decide to go for either two of the ASUS PB238Q or two of the BenQ GW2765HT. At present I've currently have decided on the BenQ because of the fact that I get quite sore red eyes when using any monitor for a couple of hours. The fact that the BenQ is flicker-free (which greatly helps to reduce eyestrain) I thought it'd be good for me and effectively help reduce any eyestrain.

So, you could wait for reviews like me or jump right on it and purchase one. If you did it'd be quite helpful if you could do a review of it on this forum. But of course there's no pressure to do so. It is totally up to you though, whatever you feel comfortable with doing. :)

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

-snip-

Reviewers have 2 and a half weeks to review this monitor, I will not wait more than that!  :angry:

No but seriously, I will not wait more, I mean, it's BenQ, it can't be bad right? I've never used a BenQ monitor before though.

●CPU: i7-4790K w/H100i ●Mobo: MSI Z97 MPower ●RAM: Corsair 16GB Dominator ●GPU: EVGA ACX SC 780 3GB(X2) ●SSD: 850 Pro 256GB ●Case: 450D ●PSU: AX 860i ●Monitor: Asus PB278Q 1440p

Reviewers have 2 and a half weeks to review this monitor, I will not wait more than that! :angry:

No but seriously, I will not wait more, I mean, it's BenQ, it can't be bad right? I've never used a BenQ monitor before though.

Well, several people do like BenQ monitors. They're not like AOC who is not really well known. I say go for it, just make sure wherever you buy it from has a good return policy so that if you are not satisfied you can easily return it and get your money back. ;)

BenQ makes some of the best gaming monitors out there from what I have seen. I see a lot of pro gamers using their monitors and swearing by them, so they must be good quality at least. I don't really know what that says about their IPS panels though, since all the gaming monitors use TN panels.

BenQ makes some of the best gaming monitors out there from what I have seen. I see a lot of pro gamers using their monitors and swearing by them, so they must be good quality at least. I don't really know what that says about their IPS panels though, since all the gaming monitors use TN panels.

Yeah it has to be good, I won't go with a TN one though, not after I tried IPS monitors.

Yeah it has to be good, I won't go with a TN one though, not after I tried IPS monitors.

Yep, once you go IPS you won't go back! ;D

Update this topic if you bought this monitor.

I figured i would buy my first ips monitor now, like this one, 27 inch and might as well go 1440p.  A monitor with eye strain tech is very important for me as well.

Then when gsync, freesync monitors are more abundant i'll buy a new one and make that my main gaming monitor.

I use 2 monitors, one for youtube, one for gaming.  figured an ips panel to use for gaming temporarily then for youtube would be best, then maybe a 120hz gsync monitor for gaming within 6 months.

hmm/ Trying to decide if its worth buying this monster over the BL2710PT.

costs 549 now.. would love to get it around 400

In the search for a monitor, I came across the BenQ GW2765HT, relatively new monitor released last month. Hence no reviews are available right now(that I can find). I can get it for $429.99 + Free Shipping via Amazon(GW2765HT). How many of you guys uses or have used BenQ monitors?

Information and official page:

benq_gw2765ht-1.jpg

GW2765HT-large1.jpg

Specs:

Screen Size 27"W
Aspect Ratio 16:9
Resolution (max.) 2560x1440
Pixel Pitch (mm) 0.2331
Brightness ( typ.) 350 cd/㎡
Contrast ( typ. ) 1000:1
DCR (Dynamic Contrast Ratio) (typ.) 20M:1
Panel Type IPS
Viewing Angle (L/R;U/D) (CR>=10) 178°/178°
Response Time(Tr+Tf) typ. 4ms(GTG)
Display Colors 1.07 Billion
Color Gamut 100% sRGB
Input Connector D-sub / DVI-DL / DP / HDMI / Headphone jack / Audio-in
Speaker 1Wx2
Power Supply (90~264 AC) Built-in
Power Consumption (Base on Energy star ) 32W
(Power saving mode) <0.5W

Official Page

What do you guys think? I'm buying a monitor next week, I am not so sure if going from 1080p 23" to 1440p 27" is a big deal but the monitor for its features and price got me interested. I am between the BenQ, the Asus PB278Q or stay 1080p and buy the IPS Asus PB238Q for just $211. 

My budget for a monitor is $500 and it has to be sold and shipped by Amazon(Prime membership)

The PC I'm building next month will be used for gaming, video/image editing and music recording.

That monitor got great reviews by some professional reviewers like TFT Central's Simon Baker. I believe that the BenQ GW2765HT is just a slightly cheaper version. I think it would use the exact some panel. Just guessing. Either one would be a great buy, you can't go wrong (and no, I'm not a BenQ representative :P).

The problem with the BL2710PT is that it suffers from too much signal processing making the input lag around 1 and a half frames. So if this is a 'cheaper' version with less features then it might be an improvement in terms of response time. 

You can get the  BL2710PT for 395 right now. 

use promo code dig15

http://www.buydig.com/shop/product.aspx?sku=BENQBL2710PTRB

Yes, was about to buy it, got my paycheck and voila! It cost over $500... I ordered the PB278Q. A shame really, destiny doesn't want me to go with BenQ this time. :)