Twitch takes ages to buffer.

This is getting very frustrating, Twitch is buffering videos very slowly, for example, Linus's "Stream Starting Soon..." video that only goes for 1:26 was buffering for hours... At 360p!!!. I live in Australia so my internet sucks to begin with :(, but I don't see why twitch would be so slow, I can watch Youtube videos fine at 1080p, even while downloading a Steam game. I can't even watch the Live Stream Live!. In the past It was fine. Any ideas on what might be causing it?

"Mentally Unstable Like a Fox!"

I've had problems with twitch before. at 50mb down it stutters a lot sometimes for what seems like no reason. For me connecting to ethernet instead of wi-fi seemed to fix the problem. But otherwise I would say either your isp is limiting twitch or twitch has some slow downloads at times.

Not really a programming issue, unless you wish to hack Twitch and make it so you get better bandwidth and others done (which is very illegal) :P

Maybe the folks over at: http://linustechtips.com/main/forum/46-troubleshooting/ would be better to answer you :)

But i will try!

1. Check for other programs using bandwidth (torrents, game downloads etc.)

2. Check if you are connecting though a VPN or Proxy (can slow down connection speed).

3. Update or re install your web browser.

4. If all alse fails. Restart the router & your pc.

5. Call your ISP and tell them your issue.

6. You are screwed if none of the above helped :)

Best regards Zahlio,
Unity asset developer - Game developer (http://playsurvive.com) - Computer Science student

• 9 months later...

Block the incoming connection from either your router firewall, or windows firewall

This IP range "199.9.248.0 - 199.9.255.255"

I'm an aussie, and was buffering my mates channel every 5-10s, since doing this, I'm currently STILL watching this stream all in one hit with no buffering, have been for the last 15mins!

A huge difference, unwatchable to AWESOMELY watchable.

Reasons - Google is routing/limiting traffic, blocking the IP range it uses makes it default back to what it should be, no routing, full bandwidth.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz