GTX 760 2-way SLI vs GTX980

pszero57
Go to solution Solved by menendez1293,

Personally I think your better off just waiting it out for a little while and seeing what comes out next. The 980 is a great card, but like always there will be better in a short time. And it seems like your in really no rush. 

The only reason I am moving from my 760 to the 980 right now is because I was in EVGA's step up program and it made sense. 

Good afternoon, I'm requesting the help of the comunity for check comments and suggestions about this:

I have already an GTX760 SLI since 3 months, but the arrival of the new 900 series, I'm really having a bad time thinking if I should upgrade NOW or stick with my 2 760's for at least another 6-7 months, I know a single 980 overperform SLI 760 but what im looking for is price/performance...

for gaming: 1080P, single screen.

I really need many opinions..

Greetings and thank you in advice!

980 all the way bruh ! (though the 970 would do the job)

2 760's in sli is far frokm being close to the 980's performance

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

If you have the 760. SLI all the way. 

SLI GTX 760s preform as well as some OC'd 780s

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

If your current set up is doing what you want, there really is no point to upgrade. So I guess my question is, are you happy with your current set up?

CPU: Intel I7-4790k | MOBO: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 1 | Ram: Corsair Vengance 32GB 1600hz | GPU: EVGA GTX980 Reference

PSU: Corsair EVGA G2 850W  | SSD: Intel 730 Series 480GB, Kingston SSDNow V300 120GB | HDD: WD Black 1TB

CPU Cooler: Corsair H105 | Case: Corsair 760T (White) | Peripherals: (2)Asus VS247H-P, Corsair M65, Corsair K70 RGB w/ Brown Switches

Cmon,you have one 1080p monitor and 2 760s. No need to waste your moneys ;)

i5 3570k @4.all over the place || CM Hyper TX3 Evo || ASRock Z77 professional-m || 8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z 2400mhz CL10 || MSI GTX770 2GB OC'd 1280/3825mhz || ADATA SP900 128GB || Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 || Logitech G502 || Audio Technica ATH-M50

A spy is always better than a ninja!See burn notice. EVERYTHING is just a number!

I'm really happy with the performance of my 2 cards, with this setup I can play almost everyhing that I throw to my rig.

So if the question is "are you happy"? the anser is yes, more than happy, this stuff overperform a titan.

the problem is the amoun of VRAM they have (2gb) and now are coming out games like Dead rising 3, Watch_dogs and titanfall that are using more than 3 GBVRAM..

so my main "reason" about upgrading is the amount of VRAM, is like I have a mini titan with 2 GB....only that...

Thank you for your support guys, looking for more suggestions...rightnow everyone is making me  feel that my actual SLI setup is winning the price/performance...

Personally I think your better off just waiting it out for a little while and seeing what comes out next. The 980 is a great card, but like always there will be better in a short time. And it seems like your in really no rush. 

The only reason I am moving from my 760 to the 980 right now is because I was in EVGA's step up program and it made sense. 

CPU: Intel I7-4790k | MOBO: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 1 | Ram: Corsair Vengance 32GB 1600hz | GPU: EVGA GTX980 Reference

PSU: Corsair EVGA G2 850W  | SSD: Intel 730 Series 480GB, Kingston SSDNow V300 120GB | HDD: WD Black 1TB

CPU Cooler: Corsair H105 | Case: Corsair 760T (White) | Peripherals: (2)Asus VS247H-P, Corsair M65, Corsair K70 RGB w/ Brown Switches

If you need more V-ram then you might want to think about selling your sli setup and buying a 780 ti

Yeah

Yeah...I could enter in the Step up program...but sadly im not resident from the USA :/..

as I see, I will stick with my SLI setup, anyway they perform Awesome, like a titan...so maybe in 6 or 7 months more I will think on move with the sucesor of the 980....cos ofc there will be 1...

thank you all for your answers!

Unless you want the maxwell features (which is why I went from 2 way 760 to the 980 @ 1080p) then it's pointless. SLI 760 gives huge amounts of performance for 1080p systems. However, if you wanted to play something like Star Citizen maxed out @ 1080p and achieve optimal performance then yeah a 980 is #worth. Also part of the reason I bought a 980 is because I am sort of addicted to the very idea of Star Citizen. But even so, games demanding like Star Citizen, BF4 ect perform fine with a single 760 let alone 2.

i7 6700K - ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger - Corsair H110i GT CPU Cooler - EVGA GTX 980 Ti ACX2.0+ SC+ - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - AX760i - Corsair 450D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

i7 3770K - H110 Corsair CPU Cooler - ASUS P8Z77 V-PRO - GTX 980 Reference - 16GB HyperX Beast 1600MHz - Intel 240GB SSD - HX750i - Corsair 750D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor