STELLA, THE WORLD’S FIRST SOLAR-POWERED FAMILY CAR

Ethnod

A Solar-car Named Stella.

Also, that is not a looker.

"How hard can it be?" - Jeremy Clarkson

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

This won't catch on, it is far less practical than more conventional battery powered cars, and probably has a pretty restricting weight limit to reduce rolling resistance. Not to mention the panels will have to be cleaned very frequently. Nice proof-of-concept though, maybe if solar tech improves enough in the next few years, this might just be viable (and hopefully less ugly)

What's the deal with the shape of it?? It's nugly as fuck. The tech is cool though, let's see where it brings us.

I guess it is shaped like that to be as aerodynamic as possible to reduce power consumption, but I have to agree, it looks horrible.

My PC:

4670k      GTX 760 ACX      CoolerMaster Hyper 412s      Fractal Design Node 804      G1 Sniper M5      Corsair RM 650      WD Red 1TB     Samsung 840 Evo 120GB