Hollywood Studios Want Google to Censor Dotcom’s Mega.co.nz

Ethnod

Two major Hollywood studios have asked Google to remove the homepage of Kim Dotcom’s Mega from its search results. Warner Bros. and NBC Universal claim that their copyrighted content is hosted on the URL and want it taken down. Dotcom is disappointed by the news and points out that constant takedown abuse is restricting access to legitimate files. “This is in line with the unreasonable content industry behavior we have experienced for years,” he says in a response.

http://torrentfreak.com/hollywood-studios-want-google-to-censor-dotcoms-mega-130528/

Apart from the fact that banning an entire legitimate hosting site is a bloody abuse of power just because some people use it to host their pirated content, Mega has done nothing really. Its actually a great service and most people I know using it have no copyrighted content on it.

But what makes me laugh is this:

Every week copyright holders send millions of DMCA takedown notices to Google, hoping to make pirated movies and music harder to find.

How much does that cost them? I mean I would imagine that most of those requests are coming from the same large companies and I am wondering what is that operation costing them? Are they actually saving more than it is costing them to staff that department etc? I'd imagine no tbh

Never trust a man, who, when left alone with a tea cosey... Doesn't try it on. Billy Connolly
Marriage is a wonderful invention: then again, so is a bicycle repair kit. Billy Connolly
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. Billy Connolly

its probably an automatic bot that searches the internet for keywords images ect.... for such a massive company i doubt it makes that much of a mark on there profits

oh dear was that YOUR computer i just downloaded a few dozen viruses on when you weren't paying attention?

I hope Google says "Piss off" and goes about it's day.

I have stopped watching movies and TV shows because the lack of content, now this is another reason why not to buy into this entertainment business.

I hope Google says "Piss off" and goes about it's day.

I have stopped watching movies and TV shows because the lack of content, now this is another reason why not to buy into this entertainment business.

I have no TV at home any more. Just PC's and Laptops, cable TV is a dying medium. Hollywood needs to get on the bandwaggon and move with the times. Pump everything in to netflix, pay one subscription and be done with it.

Never trust a man, who, when left alone with a tea cosey... Doesn't try it on. Billy Connolly
Marriage is a wonderful invention: then again, so is a bicycle repair kit. Billy Connolly
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. Billy Connolly

Wow its interesting to see what entertainment businesses are doing. Its amazing how much they are fighting and how many resources they are using on something that probably won't even happen. 

I hate the stupid companies that think that we are living in the late 1900s, instead of accepting and embracing the future they try to stop time itself. (Hint: it won't work for you Warner Bros. and NBC Universal, people will just hate you for holding everything back)

also I gave up on buying WB products after they sent a mod a C&D the mod is trying to defeat thems since WB doesn't even have rights to nontangible items so they made a petition and are trying to stop WB. Here's the link to their main mod page: http://www.moddb.com/mods/merp-middle-earth-roleplaying-project

As if they don't have enough money already.... *facepalm*

MB: MSI Z77A-GD55 | CPU: Intel i5-2500k @ 4.5 GHz | RAM: 8GB Kingston DDR3 @1333MHz | GPU: Asus GTX 770 DirectCU II 

Monitor: 22" Samsung SyncMaster B2230H @60Hz | Audio: Creative Aurvana Live! | PSU: SuperFlower 80+ Gold 550 Watt 

OS: ArchLinux + KDE / Windows 8 Pro 64bit | Smartphone: Nexus 4 16GB - CM11