Intel NUC + 2560x1080?

Hasufein

Herro,

In lieu of Linus' recent vid on the LG34" curved monitor, I have plans to get myself its predecessor (the non curved one).

Additionally, at that point in time i'll also be switching over to a nuc as my main pc (gone are the days of gaimz and fiddling around with content creation).

However, I thought i'd check in to see if any one has experience with using a nuc to drive 2560x1080?

A cursory search of the interhighways alludes to 2560x1440 being the highest supported resolution, and I'd assume there'd be no issues with skewing the aspect ratio a bit to 21:9, but figured i'd seek the community's wisdom ere i find myself in error.

Thanks all,

H.

That monitor (34UM95) is 3440x2560. Edit: 3440 X 1440 (thanks deletive)

Most fourth gen powered nucs have dport 1.2 and hdmi 1.2 so you can support that at 60fps over displayport.

I would rather get a gigabyte brix as there is more segmentation so you can choose what features you want.

Gaming Rig: i5-3570k+H100i (4.3 ghz) | P8Z77-i Deluxe | MSI Twin Frozr 7950 Boost | HX650 | 1TB HGST | 840 Evo 250 GB

That monitor (34UM95) is 3440x2560.

Most fourth gen powered nucs have dport 1.2 and hdmi 1.2 so you can support that at 60fps over displayport.

I would rather get a gigabyte brix as there is more segmentation so you can choose what features you want.

3440x1440* 

:) 

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

3440x1440* 

:)

Thanks. Edited my post with the correction.

Gaming Rig: i5-3570k+H100i (4.3 ghz) | P8Z77-i Deluxe | MSI Twin Frozr 7950 Boost | HX650 | 1TB HGST | 840 Evo 250 GB

Thanks for the replies PC & Deletive :)

Looks like a nuc/brix shant have much trouble driving this puppy then (the older version, the new one hasn't trickled down to Aus yet.. and will likely be prohibitively expensive :'( )

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=27595&cPath=1094

H