Taking a break with folding.

Hi.

I recently have used a lot of my computer's for folding, and my parents have managed to survived the noise and power usage from them to now. My dad asked me if I could possibly turn down the fans a little to keep it more silent, and he also asked me how much power the computer(s) was using. He went out it would cost him 150$ a month to keep only the i5 rig on 24/7, so he asked me to turn them off. I understand his thought's, and that's why I want to bring this to the forum. I will sell my i3, i5, and Alienware i7 rig for the sole reason for me not using them for anything but folding (which I had to stop) I will more likely buy a more powerful machine, with a more modern i7 (either 1155 or 2011), and get a more silent and up-to-date rig to replace those three. I will take a break on folding, mostly because it's taking much of my time fixing and keeping the folding computers running, and I am starting high school this year. However, I will use my new rig to fold for the team when I get time, but at the moment, that's where it is.

Thanks for everybody who read this, and good luck with the team. Don't you worry, I will be back soon!

Kristoffer

MEH

Tough break Crispy, but good luck on selling the systems and building out the new system. Will miss your input to the team totals. :)

Cheers!

Whaler

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

Shame you had to stop for a while but on the bright side maybe building up a more powerful and silent one from the money you make from the other 3 will make a better lifestyle too less noise, less money out and more space? (That is if you are selling them to build a new one haha)

Can't wait to see you get back up in the team rankings though.

Sorry to hear that! Hope you start folding soon with the new Rig! I will try to fold more then usual till your gone.

XEON 1230 v2 / AMD R9 280x / 8GB DDR3 / Adata XPG SX900 256GB SSD / Corsair 300R Side Window / Corsair CX500M / Corsair M65 Green