Help deciding on new Graphics card/Motherboard.

Zaedric

I currently have a GTX 760 with an Asus P8B75-M LE. Soon I will be getting around £270 and am torn between 2 options:

1. Buy a new GTX 970 and keep the crappy motherboard

2. Get another GTX 760 for SLI and buy a new motherboard (AsRock Z77 Extreme6 or similar)

Which do you guys think is the better option? 

Would you suggest anything else instead?

Thanks.

(Not sure where to post this, if not in the correct place feel free to move)

My Rig - CPU: Intel i5 2500k - Motherboard: ASUS P8B75-M LE - Ram: 1x8GB Green Ram - GPU: ASUS Direct CU II 760 - Case: NZXT H230 - PSU: Corsair CX750M - HDD: 1TB WD Black -

"Since ancient times, the Dragon has been the only beast to equal the Tiger" -Ryuuji Takasu

I would pick option 1 :D

My Current PC Codename: Scrapper

Spoiler

Intel i5-3570 | Some LGA 1155 MOBO Some Generic DDR3 8GB 1600Mhz | PowerColor RX 560 2GB | Recycled HP Case Crucial MX100 128GB 1TB WD Blue 7200RPM | Some Generic 500w PSU | Intel Stock Cooler

Option 1.

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

Buy a 970 so you don't run into SLI issues, sell your old 760 and try buy a new motherboard with the money you earned from the 760 sale.

Option 1, obviously. Sell your MOBO and get another one ;)

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

Really, I would suggest against SLI at all cost (unless you were running something like a 780ti or Titan Black already), as it will add more problems than it will solve. The motherboard however will only be worth an upgrade if the one you have does not support Overclocking (I am unfamiliar with the B series chipsets, sorry.) and you feel you need it, or if your current one is failing for some reason. Other than that, you are not going to get anything by upgrading the board (of coarse if you need a feature your current board does not have that the new one will have, that is a good reason too). 

TLDR: 970 for sure unless you NEED a new motherboard. 

Spoiler

Desktop <dead?> 

Spoiler

P8P67-WS/Z77 Extreme4/H61DE-S3. 4x4 Samsung 1600MHz/1x8GB Gskill 1866MHzC9. 750W OCZ ZT/750w Corsair CX. GTX480/Sapphire HD7950 1.05GHz (OC). Adata SP600 256GB x2/SSG 830 128GB/1TB Hatachi Deskstar/3TB Seagate. Windows XP/7Pro, Windows 10 on Test drive. FreeBSD and Fedora on liveboot USB3 drives. 

Spoiler

Laptop <Works Beyond Spec>

Spoiler

HP-DM3. Pentium U5400. 2x4GB DDR3 1600MHz (Samsung iirc). Intel HD. 512GB SSD. 8TB USB drive (Western Digital). Coil Wine!!!!!! (Is that a spec?). 

Thanks alot for the help everyone, think i will go with the 970!

My Rig - CPU: Intel i5 2500k - Motherboard: ASUS P8B75-M LE - Ram: 1x8GB Green Ram - GPU: ASUS Direct CU II 760 - Case: NZXT H230 - PSU: Corsair CX750M - HDD: 1TB WD Black -

"Since ancient times, the Dragon has been the only beast to equal the Tiger" -Ryuuji Takasu