Logitech G700s

Go to solution Solved by fuji,

Yes, the shaking sound I hear is the mouse wheel moving back and forth I think

The heft at the back is due to the battery.  Take it out, plug in the mouse.

There is the sound of a gear clicking while using the mouse wheel, but I don't find it hollow necessarily.

The scroll wheel horizontal movement has more resistance to the left than the right.

The thumb buttons stay still, the ones on the LMB do have some play.  All provide solid feedback to me.

I feel this mouse is for smaller hands, it fits me amazingly, I find it extremely comfortable whereas the M60 did not.

So the new Logitech gaming peripherals are finaly in stores here and I ordered and recieved the G700s mouse to replace my old R.A.T. 7

I am making this post to ask you guys about your experiences with it if you have the same mouse to get an idea about what is wrong: my idea of quality or I got a bad sample.

What I noticed:

- When shaking it lightly there seems to be alot of stuff moving inside making noise.

- All the weight is in the back giving it more friction than the front.

- The scrollwheel is terribly loud and the sound it makes is hollow plastic(compared it with the video of Linus holding it up to the mic, it's not the same sound)

- The scrollwheel has way too much playroom which may be the cause of the next issue

- The left tilt button on the scrollwheel has a different feel and sound than the right

- The G-buttons move around alot combined with again a 'moving plastic' sound

- The G-buttons aren't consistent in providing feedback, sometimes I can feel the bumb and sometimes there's nothing making it feel like just aplying pressure to a non-moving surface

- The mouse pointer on the screen starts moving slowly and then increases speed rapidly(desktop windows 7) with linear movement (fixed by increasing the polling rate from 500 to 1000)

If you have the same mouse and don't have these issues please let me know so i can be reasured it is just a bad sample and Logitech will replace it. Else I'll just have to conclude that this is a massive 100euro disappointment and go back to using the old mouse and trying to be not bothered with it telling me it's dying every now and then.Sadly 90% of the mice out there are just way too small for my hands(palmgrip) and of the other 10% alot have some weird angle somewhere that my hand disagrees with else I wouldn't pay so much for a mouse.

i5-3570K @stock/Sabertooth Z77/2x4GB Vengeance LP 1600 CL9/EVGA GTX670 @stock/Samsung 830 256GB SSD/Corsair AX850(individualy sleeved cables)/Bitfenix Shinobi XL(window)/Custom loop: Swiftech Apogee HD white/EK-FC670 GTX Nickel Acetal/Alphacool VPP655/Bitspower D5 mod top/Bitspower D5 Top Upgrade Kit 150/Bitspower Black compression fittings/Mayhems Pastel Ice White coolant/2x Alphacool NexXxos XT45 360mm rads/Corsair SP120 QE fans @550rpm/Peripherals: DELL U2711 2560x1440/Samsung T220 1680x1050/Steelseries 6Gv2 keyboard/Logitech G700s mouse/Logitech Z10 speakers/ Sennheiser PC 151 headset/ 2GB + 1GB external USB3 HDDs/DEMCiflex fan filters/OS: Win7 hp 64bit

• 2 weeks later...

id like to know as well im looking into replacing my old mouse keyboard to a gaming grade one but i want wireless as i cant stand wires

Yes, the shaking sound I hear is the mouse wheel moving back and forth I think

The heft at the back is due to the battery.  Take it out, plug in the mouse.

There is the sound of a gear clicking while using the mouse wheel, but I don't find it hollow necessarily.

The scroll wheel horizontal movement has more resistance to the left than the right.

The thumb buttons stay still, the ones on the LMB do have some play.  All provide solid feedback to me.

I feel this mouse is for smaller hands, it fits me amazingly, I find it extremely comfortable whereas the M60 did not.

Logitech confirmed it to be a bad sample after hearing the scrollwheel on the phone and it will have to be replaced. After that I called the store where I bought it and they instantly said: it's a Logitech, take it to the store and they'll swap it for a new one. After having so many bad experiences returning stuff to stores this is a nice relief, how it should work.

Starting to think it really is worth buying brand X over Y because if there is an issue that needs to be fixed X will do it better. Maybe even in combination with store A or B.

i5-3570K @stock/Sabertooth Z77/2x4GB Vengeance LP 1600 CL9/EVGA GTX670 @stock/Samsung 830 256GB SSD/Corsair AX850(individualy sleeved cables)/Bitfenix Shinobi XL(window)/Custom loop: Swiftech Apogee HD white/EK-FC670 GTX Nickel Acetal/Alphacool VPP655/Bitspower D5 mod top/Bitspower D5 Top Upgrade Kit 150/Bitspower Black compression fittings/Mayhems Pastel Ice White coolant/2x Alphacool NexXxos XT45 360mm rads/Corsair SP120 QE fans @550rpm/Peripherals: DELL U2711 2560x1440/Samsung T220 1680x1050/Steelseries 6Gv2 keyboard/Logitech G700s mouse/Logitech Z10 speakers/ Sennheiser PC 151 headset/ 2GB + 1GB external USB3 HDDs/DEMCiflex fan filters/OS: Win7 hp 64bit