Streaming CCTV cameras over the internet

BathroomSecurity

I currently have 6 CCTV cameras in my house, which are physically wired to a DVR. I can view these cameras through a monitor using DVI out. However, I would like to be able to view these cameras from anywhere I can access the Internet. The DVR that I have has an Ethernet port. Do I need to host a server to stream these cameras online, or can I simply connect the DVR to my router and then access the router through a static ip?

I would pull up the manual for the DVR, i should hope that it allows for direct remote access, unless its an old system, personally my family uses cameras that were designed for remote viewing, but as you already have them, changing them is probably not an option.

Arch Linux on Samsung 840 EVO 120GB: Startup finished in 1.334s (kernel) + 224ms (userspace) = 1.559s | U mad windoze..?

I can't find the manual for the DVR :S. Is there any way to test whether direct remote access is offered?

is it just me that is amused at the OP's username and the topic at hand remote cameras...

is it just me that is amused at the OP's username and the topic at hand remote cameras...
Haha. Didn't think of that while I was thinking of my username. Awkward...