Slow Internet browsing but fast Origin downloads

steleo96

Hi, the title says it all: my connection is not that good and I am aware of it (I live in Italy), if I do a speedtest right now it's like 1,5 Mb/s download and 0,2 Mb/s upload. My contract should be 6 Mb/s (and I pay like 50€ that is like 65$ per month, but that's another story) and in the evening the connection starts to slow down to these impossible speeds. At night if I do a speedtest it's exactly 6,0 Mb/s therefore Origin downloads at 800 kb/s top, the strange thing happens in the evening when my connection starts to slow down so I can't even load a 360p video on youtube but, if I start a download on Origin, it still downloads at 800kb/s.
So my question is: Where is the problem? A dns problem maybe? (I use Google ones) Why in Origin the connection is fine but on any browser is bad ?
Thanks in advance.

Anyone else on your network streaming video at that time?

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Anyone else on your network streaming video at that time?

I "control" the network in my house, and when I do these kind of tests i always turn off Wi fi and I am the only one connected to the router

throttling by isp? try  a VPN

I never thought of that, I always thought that in the evening since all the people come home from work and connect at the same time the ISP is overloaded and therefore it slows down.

Hi, the title says it all: my connection is not that good and I am aware of it (I live in Italy), if I do a speedtest right now it's like 1,5 Mb/s download and 0,2 Mb/s upload. My contract should be 6 Mb/s (and I pay like 50€ that is like 65$ per month, but that's another story) and in the evening the connection starts to slow down to these impossible speeds. At night if I do a speedtest it's exactly 6,0 Mb/s therefore Origin downloads at 800 kb/s top, the strange thing happens in the evening when my connection starts to slow down so I can't even load a 360p video on youtube but, if I start a download on Origin, it still downloads at 800kb/s.

So my question is: Where is the problem? A dns problem maybe? (I use Google ones) Why in Origin the connection is fine but on any browser is bad ?

Thanks in advance.

Probably a throttled network connection. If you can, do some research and switch to a different ISP.

Thanks in advance.

As other people have said it sounds like the ISP is throttling your line but not throttling direct downloads for whatever reason. May be worth checking to see if your router has any QoS settings that may be throttling your network but it sounds unlikely. 

I7 3770K | GTX 770 amp! | 12gb DDR3 @1600mhz | 250gb OCZ Vertex 450 & 2TB WD Black 

throttling by isp? try  a VPN

This would be my guess as well.