How do I choose Switches?

Kimchi

I'm strongly considering getting the k70 RGB (cuz rainbow) but I've never owned a cherry keyboard before. How should I choose which switches to use?

Go to a local store and try them out, everybody has their own taste. My personal favorite is browns, but i love to type on blues too.

Case: Corsair Carbdie 330R Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3P Asus Z97-A CPU: AMD FX-6300 i5 4690K 3.5 GHZ + 212 EVO GPU: ASUS GTX 760 DirectCUII Ram: Corsair Vengeance LP 8gb (2x4gb) HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB PSU: Corsair CX500M
Monitor: AOC Q2963pm 29'' 21:9 IPS Mouse: Mionix Naos 8200 Mousepad: Mionix Sargas 320 Headset: HyperX Cloud Keyboard: Corsair Gaming K70 RGBIKEA Headset/Headphone Holder

Yeah, really the only way is to try it.

Either go to a local store and test a couple out, or try and find a key switch tester.

If you can't do either, you might be able to find individual keys for sale on eBay for pretty cheap, and that will let you test them a bit before you buy.

CPU: 6700k GPU: Zotac RTX 2070 S RAM: 16GB 3200MHz  SSD: 2x1TB M.2  Case: DAN Case A4

It comes down to actually trying the different switches. In general, people like tactile switches better for typing, and linear switches are better for gaming as you can tap them faster. 

I personally like browns as they're brilliant for typing and okay for gaming too. I don't like the clicky sound from blues, it gets annoying after a while for me. 

You can buy a switch simple kinda thing from max keyboards just for a couple bucks, it has blues browns reds and blacks on them if you are interested ill link it.

As said above, try and find a store that stocks mechanical keyabords or do what I did and buy this.

Max Keyboard Keycap, Cherry MX Switch, O-Ring Pro Sampler Tester Kit

Pro-Sampler-2-1200.jpg

CORSAIR RIPPER: AMD 3970X - 3080TI & 2080TI - 64GB Ram - 2.5TB NVME SSD's - 35" G-Sync 120hz 1440P
MFB (Mining/Folding/Boinc): AMD 1600 - 3080 & 1080Ti - 16GB Ram - 240GB SSD
Dell OPTIPLEX:  Intel i5 6500 - 8GB Ram - 256GB SSD

PC & CONSOLE GAMER

You can read reviews and look at spec sheets if you want, but the best way of knowing is to try them in person.

gallery_1140_1863_14240.png

You can read reviews and look at spec sheets if you want, but the best way of knowing is to try them in person.

gallery_1140_1863_14240.png

Nicely Done.

Because he had a hard drive.