HELP NEEDED: First time pc builder, any improvements needed?

Mystery321

Hey guys I'm looking to build a pc, mainly used for gaming, and I'm not sure if these parts are good.

My budget is €700. Please take a look at the parts, any feedback will help :)

I live in Ireland so i prefer to get my parts from this website.

Intel Core i5-4690 3.5GHz Quad-Core - €199

MSI Z87-G41 PC Mate ATX LGA1150 - €77

Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 - €77

Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM - €52

MSI GeForce GTX 760 2GB TWIN FROZR - €219

Cooler Master N400 ATX Mid Tower - €46

SeaSonic 520W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply - €60

Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD/CD Writer - €18

Total : €748

I'm a bit over a the budget, any feedback is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Hi, everything seems great except the CPU if you're getting a Z series motherboard. I'd recommend getting a 4690k/ 4670k to go with it so in the future you can overclock the CPU to increase its lifetime if you come across any bottlenecks when you upgrade other components e.g. GPU. That's in the future, mind you, because that CPU can handle all GPUs (I'm quite certain).

Just a suggestion, you've chosen a reputable branded PSU - however I'm not sure how quiet it is. Talking from personal experience I have the "be quiet! 650w l8 pure power" semi-modular PSU and I can't even hear the fan at all. My case fans at 600rpm are louder than it! It's pretty much inaudible.

Oh also, you may want to look for a better motherboard because that's a budget one. Although I'm not too much of an expert on motherboards, so take it with a grain of salt ahaha.

Hi, everything seems great except the CPU if you're getting a Z series motherboard. I'd recommend getting a 4690k/ 4670k to go with it so in the future you can overclock the CPU to increase its lifetime if you come across any bottlenecks when you upgrade other components e.g. GPU. That's in the future, mind you, because that CPU can handle all GPUs (I'm quite certain).

Just a suggestion, you've chosen a reputable branded PSU - however I'm not sure how quiet it is. Talking from personal experience I have the "be quiet! 650w l8 pure power" semi-modular PSU and I can't even hear the fan at all. My case fans at 600rpm are louder than it! It's pretty much inaudible.

Oh also, you may want to look for a better motherboard because that's a budget one. Although I'm not too much of an expert on motherboards, so take it with a grain of salt ahaha.

Oops clicked post xD anyways thanks for the suggestion, I'll get the 4690k instead of the 4690 so I can overclock it. About the motherboard, I am over my budget so I can't get a better one :(. The power supply you suggested wasn't available in komplett.ie so maybe I might just buy it from amazon and upgrade down the line. Thanks again :)

Once you overclock, remember to go brag about it in the overclock thread. :D

I was going to say something along the lines of "if you're not going to overclock, buying a cheaper i5 (such as the 4460) and a non-overclocking motherboard might make room in your budget for a more expensive power supply", but I see you're already set on OCing. Good Luck! (not sarcasm).

XBit Labs, on the performance between Devil's Canyon i3, i5, and i7s.
http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/cpu/display/intel-haswell-refresh_4.html#sect0