Which peripheral brand is the best?

JromeTJ, on 01 Jun 2013 - 03:57 AM, said:

No doubt that the quickfire is good. But what about the mice? I had one point I wanted to get a Sentinel G. But there were just so many bad comments and problems I just didn't wanna take the risk..

There are so many sentinels I can't keep track, but I was thinking more along the lines of the Xornet/Spawn and Recon.

JromeTJ, on 01 Jun 2013 - 10:32 AM, said:

Is the K90 good?

No, but the K70 and K95 are. The fact that the K90 incorporates rubber domes into a mechanical keyboard is repugnant.

Every brand has good and bad products. I would never build a whole rig with e.g. corsair parts.

Those are my humble opinions, yours may be different:

When i bought a Razer product or the first time, and read the merchantise stuff that comes with it ("Congratulations - you are now part of the cult of razer" or some BS like that), that was also the last time. Do they think their customers are retarded?

Steelseries has a lot of good products. I like the minimalism. Xai is a classic.

Zowie is also minimalistic, but a little overpriced.

Mad Catz is known for horrible crap, but had success with their R.A.T. mice. Although I don't buy adjustable shoes, but ones that fit my feet. Same goes for my mice.

Corsair is trying to be premium and has great products.

CM Storm looks interesting but I only own the Xornet which is epic.

And Logitech is the bread and butter brand with decent quality.

Tt eSports I have no experiences.

So there you go...

I'm rockin' a Logitech G3 mouse that I got from Circuit City in 2009 right before they were going out of business. It doesn't have the highest dpi but it sure is a trooper surviving the hell I put it through (slimy fingers from being a pig, water spills, juice spills, etc etc.).

Platform agnostic. Whatever works man.

Keyboards - Top Tier

Ducky

Topre

Filco

WASD

Leopold

Das

Akula  | Dimastech Test Bench | Watercooled | Tri GTX 680's | Build of the Week

Mercury | Caselabs Mercury S3 | Watercooled | GTX Titan | Build of the Week

Armada | Define R4 Titanium | Watercooled | EK Waterblocks | Newest Buildlog

Logitech/Corsair gaming mouses and keyboards are the best. CM imo are only good in their mechanical keyboards.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

Logitech/Corsair gaming mouses and keyboards are the best. CM imo are only good in their mechanical keyboards.

The sensor in the CM Storm Spawn/Recon is superior to anything Corsair makes, and everything Logitech makes except for the G400/G400s.

Been using my Logitech MX Performance for almost a year and still going strong. Love it.

Also using a Logitech K270 Keyboard but thinking about getting a CM Storm Quickfire TK with MX Browns as I've never had a mechanical keyboard but think that I would find MX Blues annoying after a short while.

"Everybody wants a happy ending, right? But it doesn’t always roll that way." - TS

Been using my Logitech MX Performance for almost a year and still going strong. Love it.

Also using a Logitech K270 Keyboard but thinking about getting a CM Storm Quickfire TK with MX Browns as I've never had a mechanical keyboard but think that I would find MX Blues annoying after a short while.

But the tactile feel of the blue switches...ugh.. Satisfaction...

I'm a huge Logitech nut, I use everything from Logitech lol

But I'm also a fan of some SteelSeries and Razer Products.

Roccat is decent as well.

phanteks enthoo pro | intel i5 4690k | noctua nh-d14 | msi z97 gaming 5 | 16gb crucial ballistix tactical | msi gtx970 4G OC  | adata sp900

I'm a huge Logitech nut, I use everything from Logitech lol

But I'm also a fan of some SteelSeries and Razer Products.

Roccat is decent as well.

What mice and Keyboard do you use?

What mice and Keyboard do you use?

I'm using the Logitech G710+ Mech. Keyboard and a Logitech G400 Mouse, and a SteelSeries QcK Mousepad

phanteks enthoo pro | intel i5 4690k | noctua nh-d14 | msi z97 gaming 5 | 16gb crucial ballistix tactical | msi gtx970 4G OC  | adata sp900

I'm using the Logitech G710+ Mech. Keyboard and a Logitech G400 Mouse, and a SteelSeries QcK Mousepad

Is the G710+ good? Wanna change to a Mech keyboard. Using a G510 now. Though there's some tactile feel on these, but not as good as a mech

I would say Logitech, but i bought razer tho. I bought a blackwidow Ultimate 2013 and an Ouroboros and i really like it, the quality is nice asswell. NEVER ROCCAT ITS A SHITTY BAD QUALITY COMPANY IT SUCKS.

Is the G710+ good? Wanna change to a Mech keyboard. Using a G510 now. Though there's some tactile feel on these, but not as good as a mech

I am very satisfied with it. It feels like a quality product and works perfect for me. I really like the MX Browns as they make the switch from a regular keyboard very easy. 

I wouldn't pay full price though, if you can get a good deal on it, then go for it. :) 

I am big fan of zowie's products, no additional drivers required and some of the best sensor's on the market in terms of mice.

I am big fan of zowie's products, no additional drivers required and some of the best sensor's on the market in terms of mice.

Isn't Zowie a bit overpriced? their concept and design are almost the same as Steelseries mice

Isn't Zowie a bit overpriced? their concept and design are almost the same as Steelseries mice

Not to me, This mouse has lasted a lot longer than the SS mouse I had previously.

Keyboards is the norm, Filco, Ducky etc.

In terms of mice it's between Logitech (Great customer Support + Good gear), Zowie (Top 10 best mice on the market atm imo) and Microsoft (Creating some of the best mice ever of all time).

Is this the real life? Or is this just fantasy?

SteelSeries mice are fail. Zowie sell much better quality gear.

Is this the real life? Or is this just fantasy?

I just want to point out that Linus mentioned on the last Live Stream (or perhaps the one before that) that Razer get a lot of flack they don't basically deserve.

The products are good. It's just lots of people buy them and so their low failure rate appears to be high. That's at least what I understood from what he said.

I personally have a Meduza Epic Gear HDST (both Optical and Laser) mouse along with a cheap $10 Logitech keyboard. 

I'll be buying a Blackwidow Ultimate 2012 Edition Razer Mechanical Keyboard and eventually a Razer mouse as well. I trust Razer mostly. Though I haven't had any of their products before and am purely going on what Linus has said along with my testing on the Blackwidow at a local brick and mortar store. 

That's just me though.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

I am using it now and it is great. Love their bright white backlight on their keyboard and how they implemented O-rings beneath each keycap to dampen the noise of the Cherry MX Brown switches.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer