R9-270x Crossfire Performance

ducecake

So I am looking at a rig that I want to possibly get. I know this is not the best of all builds but I was wondering how the performance would be for 2 R9-270x's in a rig. Here are the specs of the rig im looking at from someone: 

Intel Core i5-4670k
8 GB 1866 Mhz RAM
Dual Sapphire Radeon R9-270x in Crossfire
240 GB Crucial SSD
1 TB Seagate 7200 RPM HDD
Corsair 400R case

The main thing im looking at is the GPU and if the 270's would be good enough to perform well on like Bf4 and such on close to high or max on 1080p. I had another rig with a GTX770 so I dont know if this would compare to a 770 or not (price to performance and such). Any input from peeps that have this GPU or know a bit more on the AMD side would be awesome! Thanks!

It'll be good.

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

by that font i can tell you want to buy off of craigslist.

Meet the seller in a public place with a friend hanging around, and make sure you can verify the parts in the computer before you buy.

How to Post Topics, the Right Way / The Ultimate Build Parts List

"4 words. DON'T BE A DUMBASS" ~@Swndlr

Single high end GPu is always a better choice than two midrange cards.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

For the people saying to go for a single high end GPU, its obvious that the seller is buying a pre-built system from someone. He wouldn't be able to go up to them and say "Yeah, I'll take everything except the GPU's you can just keep those and cut them out of the price."

The 2 GPU's will perform fine for BF4 at 1080p, and will perform better than a 770 in most cases. Just be sure you dont want to add another card in the future, 3 way xfire is not worth it.

For the people saying to go for a single high end GPU, its obvious that the seller is buying a pre-built system from someone. He wouldn't be able to go up to them and say "Yeah, I'll take everything except the GPU's you can just keep those and cut them out of the price."

The 2 GPU's will perform fine for BF4 at 1080p, and will perform better than a 770 in most cases. Just be sure you dont want to add another card in the future, 3 way xfire is not worth it.

Oh I thought he was building the system, my bad

by that font i can tell you want to buy off of craigslist.

Meet the seller in a public place with a friend hanging around, and make sure you can verify the parts in the computer before you buy.

Yes yes. I deal with craigslist all the time. I know what im doing when it comes to that sort of things. 

Ok great! Ya I might just keep this as a mid range then get my personal custom built high end one later this year on cyber monday. 

I have 2 270x's in crossfire, and they run everything I throw at them in max settings. I chose that route over a 290x since I got 3 of them for $315 and sold one of them for $150.

Personally I like my setup over a single 290x. It actually has better FPS in most games, and I haven't had any issues with crossfire. It is also more unique, and looks more badass in your case to have a crossfired build.

I would suggest to make sure you have enough case fans to keep them cool.

Internets Machine: Intel 4690k w/ Be Quiet! Pure Rock 4.7Ghz. MSI Krait z97. 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport Ram. MSI GTX 970 SLI 1520mhz. 500GB Samsung EVO 840  & 3TB WD Blue Drive. Rosewill 1000w Modular PSU. Corsair Air 540

My Beats Yo: Desktop:SMSL SA-160 Amp, KEF Q100 w/ Dayton 100w Sub Theater: Micca MB42X-C x3, MB42X x2, COVO-S x2 w/Dayton 120w Sub Headphones:  HIFiMan HE-400i, PSB M4U2, Philips Fidelio X2, Modded Fostex T50RP, ATH-M50, NVX XPT100, Phillips SHP9500, Pioneer SE-A1000, Hyper X Cloud 1&2, CHC Silverado, Superlux 668B

I have 2 270x's in crossfire, and they run everything I throw at them in max settings. I chose that route over a 290x since I got 3 of them for $315 and sold one of them for $150.

Personally I like my setup over a single 290x. It actually has better FPS in most games, and I haven't had any issues with crossfire. It is also more unique, and looks more badass in your case to have a crossfired build.

I would suggest to make sure you have enough case fans to keep them cool.

Ok thanks! Glad to hear from someone that has it crossfired. And yes this is going to be my middle build before my awesome build hopefully later this year. It will deff have enough air flow or I can just pop in some more fans or get another case in the meantime. Thanks for the feedback!