Vga to HDMI Problem,Becomes high Contrast and Text Shades, How to Fix?

Go to solution Solved by AndersT2,

If it worked fine with a DVI to VGA type that comes with you graphics card/PC, you can get a DVI to VGA cable in stead, it will do the same ting, but don't use that much space.

You will find them cheap on ebay, with free shipping.

EDIT: I tried to look up your monitor. It seems to have a 1600x900 resolution. Have you put the windows resolution to this? Some HDMI outputs might only support HD resolutions like 1280x720 and 1920x1080. If you have this resolution in Windows, the text will be as you describe, since the monitor will have to upconvert or downconvert. But I believe the GTX 760 you say you have will handle the 1600x900 resolution.

But can I urge you to save up to a new monitor, any cheap 1920x1080 monitor with DVI or HDMI input will automaticly give you readable text. I can garantee you that it won't be any worse that it is today. :D

hi,
i just connected my monitor via Hdmi from GPu (gtx 760) to monitor as VGA,
everything running fine, but problem is, the screen becomes high contrast, i managed to decrease it but now what i noticed the Black text showing his shade, its strange but not much noticeable, what to do? how can i fix it?

here is pic i captured from mobile camera, its low quality, but lil bit noticeable.
Sorry i wrote wrong title, i wanted to write, HDMI to VGA issue

http://imgur.com/5Of9uM7

How do you get a VGA signal on a HDMI output  ?

FX 6300 @ 4.2 Gigahurtz 1.325V ,  ASRock 970 Extreme 4 mobo  ,  Kingston Hyperx Blu 2X4GB @1600Mhz  , Asus GTX 960 DCU ii Black OC  , Hyper 212 Evo , Samsung 850 Evo 250 GB , WD 1 TB caviar Green , Xonar DG sound card , Seasonic M12ii Evo 620W PSU , Corsair 200R case ,4 random case fans.

you cant convert a analog signal to a digital :P , you can do it the other way round though 

CPU 5900x| GPU 3080ti FE| MOBO MSI MPG CARBON MAX| RAM 32GB VENGENCE PRO 3200Mhz| STORAGE Samsung 980 Pro 1TB,2X WDSN750,4TB Seagate Barracuda| COOLING 1x Corsair 360mm XR7 54mm Radiator,1x EK-CoolStream PE 360mm Radiator| GPU Block: Corsair Hydro X Series, XG7 RGB| CPU Block: Corsair Hydro X Series, XC5 RGB| Fittings: EK-Torque STC & Corsair Hydro X Series XF| Pump/Res: EK-Quantum Kinetic TBE 300 D5| Tubing: Corsair Hydro X Series XT Softline| Liquid: Corsair Hydro X Series XL5 Clear| Fans: 10x Corsair SP120 RGB

How do you get a VGA signal on a HDMI output  ?

first of all thanks for reply,

i use hdmi to vga converter, because of gaming reason,

but after i connected it, all look good, but black text is showing shade on white or grey bg..

can you please help me?

thanks in advance.

Converting digital to analogue can cause issues. Does your PC have a DVI-I output you could use to get a true analogue signal out?

"PSU brands are meaningless, look up the OEM."

i use hdmi to vga converter, because of gaming reason,

but after i connected it, all look good, but black text is showing shade on white or grey bg..

can you please help me?

thanks in advance.

It could be something due to the converter inaccurately converting digital signals to analog signals !

FX 6300 @ 4.2 Gigahurtz 1.325V ,  ASRock 970 Extreme 4 mobo  ,  Kingston Hyperx Blu 2X4GB @1600Mhz  , Asus GTX 960 DCU ii Black OC  , Hyper 212 Evo , Samsung 850 Evo 250 GB , WD 1 TB caviar Green , Xonar DG sound card , Seasonic M12ii Evo 620W PSU , Corsair 200R case ,4 random case fans.

Actually bro's my reason to using HDMI to Vga converter, previously i had problem playing game (my gpu gtx 760) i see wierd faint shades come from up to down, then i searched in google, some one said dont use Dvi adaptor then i used this converter, game running without problem, but only this Black text showing white Shade or shadow, dont know what is it,
please help me guys how to fix it? :(

The text problem almost sounds like how it was in the old days when trying to connect a PC to a TV through analog connection, video was ok, but text was bad.

What kind of screen do you use since it's vga input?

Sorry for the few off Capital letters in my posts, it does it on its own when I Write in English, since my OS is in another Language. It's annoying.

you cant convert a analog signal to a digital :P , you can do it the other way round though 

there are some converters out there and some do work 

The text problem almost sounds like how it was in the old days when trying to connect a PC to a TV through analog connection, video was ok, but text was bad.

What kind of screen do you use since it's vga input?

there are some converters out there and some do work 

i m using Philips 203v LED monitor, its VGA default, using PC, GPU: Nvidia gtx 760 2gb, i was using DVI to VGA Small Converter, which was working perfectly without any problem, the reason i wanted to change to other connector, because the CPU where i having with low space behind, the VGA wire and adapter taking space from behind, what i though, is what if i using wire connector, to solve the space problem, but when i tried to use HDMI to VGA converter i found, there is shadow of text (someone said it is pixel alignment, i dont know its true or not)

can you tell me perfect setting/connector for it?

sorry for bad english

If it worked fine with a DVI to VGA type that comes with you graphics card/PC, you can get a DVI to VGA cable in stead, it will do the same ting, but don't use that much space.

EDIT: I tried to look up your monitor. It seems to have a 1600x900 resolution. Have you put the windows resolution to this? Some HDMI outputs might only support HD resolutions like 1280x720 and 1920x1080. If you have this resolution in Windows, the text will be as you describe, since the monitor will have to upconvert or downconvert. But I believe the GTX 760 you say you have will handle the 1600x900 resolution.

But can I urge you to save up to a new monitor, any cheap 1920x1080 monitor with DVI or HDMI input will automaticly give you readable text. I can garantee you that it won't be any worse that it is today. :D

Sorry for the few off Capital letters in my posts, it does it on its own when I Write in English, since my OS is in another Language. It's annoying.

thanks for answer,

i tried many cables, i ordered 3 cables and one of them is about 25$, i hope it will work, if not, then i will try to buy new monitor.

btw is there disadvantage of using hdmi to vga ? i mean suppose if it got work (from the cable i ordered) that would be safe?

• 4 weeks later...

A HDMI to VGA adapter has to be a converter, since there isn't a VGA signal in the output as it is in some of the DVI outputs. So you should get a workable signal.

But since it's almost a month since last post, did it work out for you?