3770k for $229

cafe

microcenter has the 3770k at microcenter for $229 and if you buy an intel chip with a z77 board you get a $50 discount ALSO so hell Should I get it? xD or is their anything else that is better? Gaming, Streaming, video encoding, does it overclock well? This is an amazing price so whats up?

If I had one wish, I would ask for a big enough ass for the whole world to kiss

I've seen that and am still trying to figure out how they can advertise at that price. Manufacturers normally set a minimum price that products are marketed for but can be sold cheaper on a one to one basis with a customer.

That chip is a steal at that price! I say go for it. It will do all of those things you listed very well.

System: Intel Core i5 3570K OC@ 4.4GHz | Cooler Master Hyper N520 | ASUS Maximus V Gene | 8GB Mushkin 1866MHz RAM | MSI R7970 Lightning | Seasonic X-850 | Fractal Design Define R4 White Windowed Edition

Peripherals: BenQ XL2420T 1920x1080@120Hz | Filco Majestouch 2 Tenkeyless (with Cherry MX Browns) Mechanical Keyboard | Razer DeathAdder Left-handed Edition Mouse | ODAC to various things

I've seen that and am still trying to figure out how they can advertise at that price. Manufacturers normally set a minimum price that products are marketed for but can be sold cheaper on a one to one basis with a customer.

They have been doing this for a long while, so clearly it is not an issue with intel

but yeah should I get it?

Go ahead bro, build yourself another rig.

AAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!

Okay dudes, I will get it :P thanks

I got the 3770K with the discount at Microcenter with the Asus p8z77-v pro motherboard and its really something you cant beat. I recommend anyone building a PC to take a look at there motherboard CPU combos. They are only available in store so check and see if you have one near by!

im calling shenanigans on this. pics or it didnt happen

I agree that Microcenter has the best deals for CPU and Motherboard combo deal.

Thats where I bought my 2500k when I built my computer about 1.5 years ago.

Ryzen 9 5900x | x570 TUF Gaming Pro Wifi | 32gb GSkill 4x8gb @3000mhz CL15 | ASUS Strix RX480 8gb | XFX 750W psu | Cosair H100i GTX | Fractal Design R5

Drop ENTR Halo True | Logitech G900 Choas Spectrum | Blue-Yeti | AKG k553 Pro

im calling shenanigans on this. pics or it didnt happen
what do you mean?the prices?

I bought my 2500K,before the 3570K was allowed for the combo deal,for 169.99 with $50 off my Z77 board.

go into any microcenter or hell go to their website.

http://www.microcenter.com/product/388575/Core_i7_3770K_35GHz_LGA_1155_Processor

http://viewer.zmags.com/publication/cc7faafd#/cc7faafd/33

and on black Friday they had the 2500K for $100,what a steal right?

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

I wish there was a Microcenter nearby..Those deals are only in store =[

I'm guessing windspeed that microcenter can do this because there is only 23 stores across America and the only way you can buy from them is if you live by one of the stores, no online ordering only store pick ups.Because of that I think they make deals with all the manufactures to have great deals all the time. The way the manufactures look at it is not every average Joe in the world can get it at that price. I used to live by a microcenter and there prices a legit. Sucks I don't live by it anymore :(

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

• 3 weeks later...

The 3770k doesn't come with the $50 off if you pair it with the mobo. It's the 3570k where you get the $50 off with a z77 mobo paired with it. I just checked to make sure.

CASE: FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE R4  |  MOBO: MSI MPOWER Z77  |  CPU: Intel i5 3570k @ 4.4 GHz  |  CPU COOLER: NOCTUA NH-D15  |  GPU: EVGA GTX 770 SC |

PSU: CORSAIR AX860 W/ RED BRAIDED CABLES | SSD: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 250 GB | HDD: WD BLACK 1 TB | FANS: 3x NOCTUA NF-A14 | MONITOR: HP W2371D

KEYBOARD: CM STORM QFR MX BLUES W/  PBT KEYCAPS  |  MOUSE: LOGITECH G502 | MIC: AUDIO TECHNICA AT2020 | HEADPHONES: SENNHEISER HD 558