K70 RGB dim?

Blingdaddy1

Is it just me, or is the k70 RGB really dim, even on the brightest settings? From where I'm sitting the number bar keys might as well not be lit, that's how dim they are, and I'm on the brightest setting.

Depends how bright your surroundings are.

Specs are on my profile page

Teach a man to fish and he ends up sticking a screw driver in a turned on power supply seeing if it still works.        #KilledMyWifeWithABomb            Resolution is just a number

Well my problem here is, even in the same lighting, my other K70 is way brighter.

Well my problem here is, even in the same lighting, my other K70 is way brighter.

Why do you have 2? RMA it.

Specs are on my profile page

Teach a man to fish and he ends up sticking a screw driver in a turned on power supply seeing if it still works.        #KilledMyWifeWithABomb            Resolution is just a number

Why do you have 2? RMA it.

He probably has a nonRGB K70. But it seems that they are fairly bright but it may be due to the lighting of your surroundings.

CPU FX-8320 @ 4.2ghz Motherboard Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3 (rev. 4) RAM 16gb G. Skill Ripjaws X 1866mhz GPU Gigabyte Windforce GTX970 4gb Case Custom Cooler Master Elite 430 Storage WD 1tb Black, OCZ 60gb SSD, Hitachi 160gb, Samsung 1tb PSU Corsair RM750 Display(s) Dell 2407WFP-HC, ViewSonic VA2226w Cooling Cooler Master Hyper 212 Keyboard Corsair K70 Cherry MX-Red Mouse Razer R.A.T. 5 Sound Logitech 2.1 Speaker Operating System Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit, Windows 10 TP Tablet Wacom Intuos Pen & Touch Small

He probably has a nonRGB K70. But it seems that they are fairly bright but it may be due to the lighting of your surroundings.

Yeah I should have made that clear. I've just plugged both in and yes, the non RGB one is definitely brighter.

Yeah I should have made that clear. I've just plugged both in and yes, the non RGB one is definitely brighter.

It's probably due to the face that the LED is now mounted inside of the switch, and no longer is directly underneath the keycap. Good to know though!

"Never trust the authenticity of a quote on the internet."

-Abraham Lincoln 

Also remember with the RGB the color can be changed to any shade of one partially color.  Certain shades of color of brightens than others.  

while that is true, it doesn't have as much of an impact as you would think. fact is, the maximum brightness on the k70 rgb pales in comparison to the regular single-color k70 keyboards.

while that is true, it doesn't have as much of an impact as you would think. fact is, the maximum brightness on the k70 rgb pales in comparison to the regular single-color k70 keyboards.

I guess that's the sacrifice you make for 1 color vs 16.7 million

i'd rather it be capable of 256 colors if it meant the LEDs would be brighter -_- if you're trying to make the 16.7 million colors advertisement buzz phrase sound impressive well it really isn't

Do you have both USB cables plugged in? The manual says the 2nd is to provide more power to the LEDs, although I haven't noticed a difference plugging in just one vs both so I only have the main one plugged in.

CPU: AMD 5950X    MB: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero    RAM: HyperX Predator 64GB    GPU: Nvidia RTX 3090 Ti FE    SSD: Seagate FireCuda 530 2TB    
PSU: EVGA 1200w P2    COOLING: EK AIO Elite 360    CASE: Fractal Design Torrent 
   DISPLAY: LG CX48 4k OLED    AUDIO: HIFIMAN Arya SE

Don't really see the point of them being brigther than bright... unless you're hoping to use them to light up your room? Can you see which button you're using at night? If so, I'd say mission accomplished.

CPU: i7-4770K  Cooler: NZXT X60  GPU: Asus GTX 770 2GB  MB: Asus Maximus VI Hero  RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz  PSU: Be Quiet! 630 Watt  Case: NZXT H440 

Storage: 120GB Samsung 840 Evo + 1TB Seagate HDD  KeyboardCorsair K70 RGB  MouseG502 Proteus Spectrum  HeadphoneSennheiser HD598  Mic: Blue Snowball Ice

Do you have both USB cables plugged in? The manual says the 2nd is to provide more power to the LEDs, although I haven't noticed a difference plugging in just one vs both so I only have the main one plugged in.

Yeah, but I'm on the same boat as you lol.

Having them "being brighter than bright" would be nice because even with ambient daytime lighting and no other room lights on, and just the glow of the monitor is enough to nearly wash out the backlighting. It makes any kind of lighting effect other than a continuous rainbow that much less impressive which makes the keyboard a lot more meh. I guess it's my fault for thinking it would much brighter than it is; all of the cameras that captured it at press events made it seem extremely bright but that's just what cameras do to LEDs. When lights are off the monitor backlighting is still enough to wash the keys out. It's going back, i'm supremely disappointed. And yes both USB plugs are plugged in.

It seems that the leds seem to be getting brighter the longer they are on. 

It seems that the leds seem to be getting brighter the longer they are on.

Really? They have to warmed up? Or broken in maybe? lol

Really? They have to warmed up? Or broken in maybe? lol

yeah i seriously doubt it...probably a placebo/post-purchase rationalization effect.

I'm not surprised. I think it might have to do with the technology behind RGB led's

If you look at the diodes, you will notice that they usually try to fit RGB diodes on a unit similarly sized as that of a single color. In the end, each color will output significantly less light. Since different colors have different intensities, even the combined output of each LED may be less than a single color unit.

As long as each key has the same brightness, and all the colors are the same, I highly doubt you have a defective unit. 

Leds take time to warm up so idk about keyboards but that prolly sort of applys here too