4930k 1.2Ghz Idle - Can it be boosted?

Basically my 4930k is OC to 3.9Ghz and boosted to 4.2Ghz when I intend on doing anything intensive.

The idle clock spools down to 1.2Ghz when there is no real stress.

All sounds fine except sometimes while gaming there will be a small lull in the power required and the CPU will drop down to 1.2Ghz causing real drop in fps for around 5-10s and I'm sure there must be a way around this..

Is there a way to boost the idle speeds?

CPU: Intel 4930k @ 4.2Ghz  MOBO: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition  RAM: 32GB 2400MHz G-Skill  GPU: EVGA GTX 780Ti  Case: NZXT Phantom 630 White  Storage: OS: 120GB Intel 520 SSD Games: 240GB Asus RAIDR PCI-E Storage: 2TB WD SATA  PSU: Corsair 1000W RM Gold Modular  Display: 1x Acer Predator XB240H & 1x 24" Asus VE247H LED  Cooling: CPU: Corsair H100i Liquid Case: Noctua NF-A14 140mm  OS: Win7 Pro

yes, if you want to stay that high ghz all time,  go to Control Panel\System and Security\Power Options > click the box High performance then apply it.

or disable C states in bios.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

There are two different methods.

1. If your BIOS has option, you can do it there. Not talking about disabling power saving feature. There are boards that allow you to dial in the idle speed.

2. You can go into power options and set a minimum CPU percentage. Usually its set to 5% or something. You can boost that to higher % and get boosted idle speed.

Basically my 4930k is OC to 3.9Ghz and boosted to 4.2Ghz when I intend on doing anything intensive.

The idle clock spools down to 1.2Ghz when there is no real stress.

All sounds fine except sometimes while gaming there will be a small lull in the power required and the CPU will drop down to 1.2Ghz causing real drop in fps for around 5-10s and I'm sure there must be a way around this..

Is there a way to boost the idle speeds?

why the heck you wan't consume more power on idle?

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

But why would you want to have your CPU in idle running at full speed all the time?

I'm not so sure if these FPS drops are directly CPU related, but it would be interesting to see if this changes it.

Intel i7 7820X (delidded) @ 4.9GHz - MSI X299 M7 ACK + EKWB Fullcover Block - G.Skill Trident Z 32GB @ 3466MHz - nVidia Titan Xp + EKWB Fullcover Block @ 2.1GHz - Samsung 960Pro 2x - WDD Blue 2TB - Seasonic 750W Platinum - modded Corsair 600C - Hardtubed Custom Watercooling