Is this worth it?

Tie Lightning

Hey guys, so as you can see by my bio, i currently don't have an SSD. With the Kingston SSDs being regarded as bad because they changed nand flash or something like that, is this a good deal or did intel do something like kingston did to get the price down. Oh and is it worth it at $60? Thanks

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B006VCP7NQ/?tag=pcpapi-20

CPU: AMD FX-6300     COOLER: Hyper 212 EVO    MOBO: ASUS M5A97 R2.0    RAM: Team Vulcan 8Gb (4Gb x 2) , G-Skill Sniper (4Gb x 2)    PSU: Rosewill HIVE-750w    GPU: ASUS HD 7790 2Gb OC    CASE: NZXT Phantom 410    STORAGE: WD Black 1Tb , Intel 530 120Gb     AUDIO: HyperX Cloud , Sennheiser HD 518 , Audio Technica ATH-M30 , Sennheiser MM30G , Yamaha RX-V361 , Pioneer SP-BS22     PHONE: Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge     PERIPHERALS: Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Classic , Logitech g502 ( Thanks Syntaxvgm <3 )

that's a great deal

INTEL CORE I5 4670K | NVIDIA GTX 980 | NOCTUA NH-L9i | GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-SLI | KINGSTON 120GB V300

CM STORM QUICKFIRE TK | BENQ XL2420TE | ROCCAT SAVU | FRACTAL DEFINE R4

Worth it!!

CPU: i5 25000 3.3 GHz             Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V-LK          Ram: Corsair Vengeance 8 GB           Display: Samsung SD24 24" 1080p          

GPU: EVGA GTX 660 SC 2 GB     Sound: Razer Kraken pro                            PSU: Rosewill 630 watt                    Storage 1: 128 GB Adata XPG SX900 SSD

Case: Rosewill Challenger       CPU Cooler: Corsair h80i                    Mouse: Corsair M65                                   Storage 2: Seagate 2 TB HDD

Totally fucking worth it. Im surprised HDD's haven't completely gone out the window with the advent of SSD, the performance difference really is that fucking huge.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

But its a sandforce though. So potential trouble.

+°´°+,¸¸,+°´°~ Glorious PC master gaming race :wub: ~°´°+,¸¸,+°´°+
BigBox: Asus P8Z77-V, 3570k, 8GB Ram, Intel 180GB & Sammy 750GB, HD4000, W7
PiBox: Rasberry Pi, BCM @ 1225Mhz ^_^ , 256MB Ram, 16GB Storage, pIO, Raspbian

Totally fucking worth it. Im surprised HDD's haven't completely gone out the window with the advent of SSD, the performance difference really is that fucking huge.

But hhd are mostly needed as secondary storage and reliability.

The ssd endurance is vastly progressing but things like that is still lacking for it to be a standalone storage. Price, endurance, and reliability still have a little bit to improve in regards for its price. Which is why it's most preferred going ssd + hdd for storage.

But hhd are mostly needed as secondary storage and reliability.

The ssd endurance is vastly progressing but things like that is still lacking for it to be a standalone storage. Price, endurance, and reliability still have a little bit to improve in regards for its price. Which is why it's most preferred going ssd + hdd for storage.

Meh. If I had some money I'd replace my HDD with a large SSD.

Meh. If I had some money I'd replace my HDD with a large SSD.

Ofc, not saying you can't :). But the reality for now is that even if it's minimal, ssd still have a percentage of failure and risk. Yes likely nowadays but still is possible. But as I have said for the price for performance justification it'll make sense going for an 258gb or 500~gb ssd with 2 or 3 terabytes Hdd for storage. The low price for hhd will compensate for the secondary story of your ssd.

However, I'm glad ssd are gaining more reliability like the new Samsung pro 450 series. The only thing that needs to come down its price....

Ofc, not saying you can't :). But reality for now is that even if it's minimal ssd still have a percentage of failure and risk. Yes likely nowadays but still is possible. But as I have said for the price for performance justification it'll make sense going for an 258gb or 500~gb ssd with 2 or 3 terabytes Hdd for storage. The low price for hhd will compensate for the secondary story of your ssd.

However, I'm glad ssd are gaining more reliability like the new Samsung pro 450 series. The only thing that needs to come down its price....

Agreed. I just wish my SSD had interesting looking led's on it or something lol.

Agreed. I just wish my SSD had interesting looking led's on it or something lol.

Like how rams have on them. Why not get led strips?

Hey guys, so as you can see by my bio, i currently don't have an SSD. With the Kingston SSDs being regarded as bad because they changed nand flash or something like that, is this a good deal or did intel do something like kingston did to get the price down. Oh and is it worth it at $60? Thanks

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B006VCP7NQ/?tag=pcpapi-20

Btw you might want to check here. I have found amazing deals of ssd in this site. Just make sure to check in occasionally and see the new deals.

http://www.dealzon.com/storage/ssd

(you can check others deals too for other devices)

Like how rams have on them. Why not get led strips?

I like built in stuff lol