GPU Boost 2 not working

So yesterday I got my GTX 780 and it was working as expected. But today when I booted up my PC, my 780 was constantly at 862MHz but yesterday it was at 350 something when I wasn't in a game. And when I was in a game it sometimes went over 1GHz, now it doesn't even boost 10MHz above the base clock.

Any help is appreciated :)

Have you made any modifications with EVGA precision ? Like enabling K-voltage?

Codename: HighFlyer, specs:  CPU: i5 2500k cooled by a H70ish(2 rad)   Mobo: MSI MPower Z77   GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 660 OC 1150 MHZ core, 3150 memory both   RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16G @1600mhz   SSD: ADATA Premier Pro sx900 / HDD Seagate Barracuda 1TB/Samsung 1TB   Power supply: Corsair RM650 80+ Gold   Case Corsair Carbide 500R   5.4 ghz achieved on the good old 2500k, may it rest in peace. Current daily OC is 4.8 @1.41 v

Have you made any modifications with EVGA precision ? Like enabling K-voltage?

No I haven't made any changes beside changing the fan curve and the GPU boost limit(I have tried to put them to the default but it doesn't change anything)

GPU Boost 2.0 will not always give you the same clock speed every time. There's a lot of factors it takes into account before applying anything. Since it use primarily temperature when applying boost, your room temperature may have changed which affected how much it will give you.

GPU Boost 2.0 will not always give you the same clock speed every time. There's a lot of factors it takes into account before applying anything. Since it use primarily temperature when applying boost, your room temperature may have changed which affected how much it will give you.

But the temps are the same as yesterday, and why isn't it clocking down then?

GPU Boost 2.0 is very buggy at the moment, that's why the 770 lost to the 680 in a couple of benchmakrs.

Did you play a different game when you noticed that your card didn't go above 1 ghz? Because gpu boost 2.0 is supposed to sense how much work it has to do, and if the game is not demanding enough, or there is a cpu bottleneck; then the card doesn't have to work as hard. Also, do you have v synch turned on? Because the gpu could, for example, generate 90 fps on bordrrlands 2; But if you turn on vsynch, it caps the frame rate and the gpu feels that it doesn't need to work as hard.

Hope that helped!

- winny3141

System Specs: AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Six-core CPU, AMD Radeon HD 6970 2 GB GDDR5 16X PCIe Video Card, MSI 890FXA-GD70 Motherboard, Kingston Hyper-X 1600 MHz RAM, ADATA 128 GB MLC SSD, 2 TB HDD, Astec Dual 120 mm closed Liquid cooling Loop, Cooler Master 800W Silent Pro Gold (80 Plus Gold Certified) PSU, Razer Black Widow Ultimate 2013 Gaming Keyboard (Love me my Cherry MX Blue Switches), a Razer Taipan Gaming Mouse (8200 dpi 4G sensor FTW!), Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

There's also the issue of GPU Boost 2.0 throttling itself once in a while.

Did you play a different game when you noticed that your card didn't go above 1 ghz? Because gpu boost 2.0 is supposed to sense how much work it has to do, and if the game is not demanding enough, or there is a cpu bottleneck; then the card doesn't have to work as hard. Also, do you have v synch turned on? Because the gpu could, for example, generate 90 fps on bordrrlands 2; But if you turn on vsynch, it caps the frame rate and the gpu feels that it doesn't need to work as hard.

Hope that helped!

- winny3141

Yeah I had Adaptive Vsync on. That fixed half of my problem. The Core clock still doesn't go down when I'm on the desktop.

Thanks

Ok, try an older driver, this stinks of driver bug.

Yeah I was just about to try that. I'll post again if I have any succes. And also do you have a suggestion to which driver to install?

Yeah I was just about to try that. I'll post again if I have any succes. And also do you have a suggestion to which driver to install?

latest non Beta 320 .

OK, new problem, I was going to reinstall the drivers when GeForce experience told me that I don't have a compatible grapics card.

Go home, Nvidia. You're drunk.

OK, new problem, I was going to reinstall the drivers when GeForce experience told me that I don't have a compatible grapics card.

If I remember correctly, it was either the 320.14 or 320.18 driver that added support for the GTX 780 so only one of those 2 can be used with it.

LOOL ! so all of these "new" features that nvidia has been bragging about like geforce experience gpu boost 2.0 and shadowplay are either totally broken or still non existent.

If I remember correctly, it was either the 320.14 or 320.18 driver that added support for the GTX 780 so only one of those 2 can be used with it.

I was trying to install the 320.18 driver, which didn't work... Because I was trying to install it from GeForce Experience. I went to the nvidia website the driver and now it's fixed.

Thanks for all the help :)

LOOL ! so all of these "new" features that nvidia has been bragging about like geforce experience gpu boost 2.0 and shadowplay are either totally broken or still non existent.

ShadowPlay isn't even out yet I don't think, but it seems to be a revolutionary feature; given that it utilizes the GK110 chip in areas where the performance of games will not be affected when running. GPU Boost 2.0 might be buggy, but it is a revolutionary concept that flips the GPU industry on its head, given the fact that you now have a feature where Nvidia actually overclocks (and to facilitate the overclock - overvaults) to milk the best performance out of a chip that is featured in the Titan super computer, and is on a card that is 5,000$ (the Tesla K20X). And, regardless of the fact that the 680 outperforms that of the 770 in some games despite the higher memory and core clocks due to the bugs that persist from GPU Boost 2.0 in the drivers; once it works, it will be a revolution for us enthusiasts and those gamers who don't now much about the hardware. All in all, it is a great revolution in the graphics card industry, and I can't wait to get my hands on one this summer when I build my new system. Oh, did I mention that the EVGA Super Clocked 780 with the ACX cooler outperforms the Titan in gaming performance? If they were overclocked to the same level, forget it, but in terms of current cards you can buy, this card can outperform that of the Titan out of the box(with more overclocking headroom!).

- winny3141 :D

System Specs: AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Six-core CPU, AMD Radeon HD 6970 2 GB GDDR5 16X PCIe Video Card, MSI 890FXA-GD70 Motherboard, Kingston Hyper-X 1600 MHz RAM, ADATA 128 GB MLC SSD, 2 TB HDD, Astec Dual 120 mm closed Liquid cooling Loop, Cooler Master 800W Silent Pro Gold (80 Plus Gold Certified) PSU, Razer Black Widow Ultimate 2013 Gaming Keyboard (Love me my Cherry MX Blue Switches), a Razer Taipan Gaming Mouse (8200 dpi 4G sensor FTW!), Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

I could say the same thing for AMD's Crossfire problem. Radeon Pro may have fixed that problem but so is flashing a custom BIOS on GPU Boost 2.0 cards to fix that issue as well.