What to do? What to do?(Hobby)

werto165

Ok, so I've got 12 months to kill, due to me failing exams and having to retake them next year. I want a hobby to do whilst doing resits, I was thinking of something related to programming and robotics, maybe an arduino?(more hardware based)  anyway I just want to know what you guys recommend? and what books/websites should I visit for information thanks!

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

Fuck bitches, get money.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Well if you failed the tests maybe you should pay attention :P

Anyway maybe just work on coding and cool things you can do certain types of coding

CPU: i7-4770k CPU Cooler: NH-D14 RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8gb GPU: EVGA Superclocked 780 ti MOBO: ASUS Maximus VI Gene PSU: Corsair RM 850 Case: Bitfenix Prodigy M

Find a cure for cancer. You will never have to go back to school.

eGPU Setup: Macbook Pro 13" 16GB DDR3 RAM, 512GB SSD, i5 3210M, GTX 980 eGPU

New PC: i7-4790k, Corsair H100iGTX, ASrock Fatal1ty Z97 Killer, 24GB Ram, 850 EVO 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD, GTX 1080 Fractal Design R4, EVGA Supernova G2 650W

Fuck bitches, get money.

Wow, what an answer! helpful much

You want to start programming, there are many online courses avaliable on sites like codeacademy. Getting into microcontrollers might be more rewarding, since you can actually control some tangible with them. Arduino kits are cheap and have many projects avaliable for them. Another, more complex option would be Raspberry Pi. 

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

Well if you failed the tests maybe you should pay attention :P

Anyway maybe just work on coding and cool things you can do certain types of coding

Well I didn't fail the test, I just didn't get the grades I needed for uni. Would you recommend any places to learn coding? I did computing in college and I learnt pascal(wasn't a great language). What do you think is this best programming language to learn?

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

Well I didn't fail the test, I just didn't get the grades I needed for uni. Would you recommend any places to learn coding? I did computing in college and I learnt pascal(wasn't a great language). What do you think is this best programming language to learn?

The best known Programming language will be Java,C#,C++,Php... probably start learning C# if you want to develop Microsoft applications, using .Net Platform.  :)  :)  :)

Freelance.

Don't think I'm good enough at anything to do that tbh.

for C# codegasm is a good place to start

The best known Programming language will be Java,C#,C++,Php... probably start learning C# if you want to develop Microsoft applications, using .Net Platform.  :)  :)  :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yj0G5UdBJZw I've seen that barnacles doing codegasm and hes doing that so i think I'll start there :)

something 'bout coding from SANTA

Thanks man :), I give you 10 schrute bucks.

Shouldnt this be in off topic?

Off topic is non tech related content, tbh i should've put it in programming sub forum, but it wasn't wholly about programming so I didn't.

Don't think I'm good enough at anything to do that tbh.

Well everything can be learned if you want to =)) 

I would get a job, get money, f**k b*****s and you know, study for the exam.

And so GabeN has told us to march forthith unto the Land of Holy welding our swords of mice, shields of keyboards, and helmets of Oculus Rifts where we shall reclaim it-which is rightfully ours-from the PUNY Console Peasants from whom armed only with mere controllers we shall decimate in all forms of battle and we shall dominate even in their most ridiculous tradition and infatuation of CoD. Yes, my brothers- sisters and trans sexuals too- we shall destroy the inferior of races with our might and majesty. And if any Peasants wish to join us they must speak now or forever perish. -Ancient Speech from a Leader of Old, Book of Murratri section 2

You should start collecting PVC butts.

Desktop -  i5 4670k, GTX 770, Maximums VI Hero, 2X Kingston Hyper X 3k in raid zero.

Laptop - Lenovo X230 Intel 535 480GB, 16GB Gskill memory, Classic Keyboard Mod, Triple USB 3.0 Express Card.

Off topic is non tech related content, tbh i should've put it in programming sub forum, but it wasn't wholly about programming so I didn't.

So you're saying hobbies must be all tech related?