The Wan Show

dasr1985

Perhaps I am just an only fan (with this idea) who remembers the early days of the Live Stream before the WAN Show (Which is great btw), but I wonder if we could bring it down to a vote from the forum to suggest that Linus Media group bring back the "garage" back drop into their new WAN show room.  Referencing some of the old videos in the archive the idea that they bring back that look and feel (of the garage days) to the new WAN show room would be kind of bad ass in terms of viewing it like "We are always improving but we are still the same" kind of way. 

What I mean by back drop is literally just the colors and the wall that held famous items as well as the random bookshelf with random stuff on it.  Idk, just my .02 and thought I'd share.  I remember being excited gaming on one monitor and watching the live stream on the other at 11pm (CST) on Friday nights all the way back to when Linus was streaming from his house all by himself!

again not saying it has to happen, lol, after all who am I?  Point was I just thought it was a pretty cool idea.

Would be nice, maybe they could do a special stream with the garage backdrop and lower quality stuff for a nostalgic sort of one time stream

Here are my thoughts, not that they matter, but i feel like expressing them anyway...

I think it will be nice to see a more interesting background instead of a white wall, even the background with all the product boxes was pretty neat, I think the best one was having the test bench and the wall with items at the back like they did with the garage streams.

Perhaps what I liked about the "garage day" streams was the simplicity behind it.  Linus Media Group has progressed and climbed so much over the course of the past 3 years which is amazing and applauded in every way.  The new technology they have to provide to us with cleaner (quality in product that is) more professional looking material is as Linus might say, "amazeballs".   I just find myself from time to time checking out the old vids and thinking how cool it was for the show being the way it was.  It was like you were a part of a group of guys that gamed together, talked tech together, like it was a closer knit informal environment... if any of that makes sense?  None of this is bashing in any way, just thought the simplicity in the way Linus and Slick looked like they were hanging out during the show made it pretty cool.  I like the new successful WAN show, but just as much I like the old stream too, lol.

I support this initiative.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I say they should film it outside in a cardboard box with a old 1.3 mega pixel camera and built in mic, nothing like watching crap-ily filmed and sound show. :mellow:

Instead, move it to a sound studio with all the lights and art background they can afford and filmed on the most expensive cameras. Go broke or die trying :D

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

i wasnt around for that long, guess im not one of the og's

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

I'd like to see the first official WAN show episode. Still haven't seen it.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Lol, don't get it confused with the idea that they should use shit equipment for the show, that would just be dumb, lol.