Desktop speakers

Phestezeo

You've already treated your room, right?

He probably doesn't need to acoustically treat his room. That's mostly just for people doing mixing, and not even all like to do it. Also it makes the room look pretty ugly in my opinion.

He probably doesn't need to acoustically treat his room. That's mostly just for people doing mixing, and not even all like to do it. Also it makes the room look pretty ugly in my opinion.

The point if getting good speakers, especially monitors, is to get as accurate sound as you can. Having the room screw with everything is a big no-no. It's kindda insane to go for 1k+ speakers and the not consider treating a room.

In Placebo We Trust - Resident Obnoxious Objective Fangirl (R.O.O.F) - Your Eyes Cannot Hear
Haswell Overclocking Guide | Skylake Overclocking GuideCan my amp power my headphones?

Never heard of the products you've mentioned so I will look them up. Desk space shouldn't be a problem for me, but if it is I can just move my desk a little further away from the wall and put some speakers stands behind where they would have sat.

NAD and PSB are both Canadian companies that make value-oriented HiFi products. They do not compete in the same space as the likes of MBL, Goldmund, Revel, Wilson Audio, etc., but they make solid goods that punch above their weight.

It is hard to find a speaker pair within the $2000 vicinity that measure better than the PSB Imagine series for example. The Imagine Mini delivers near flat response and very little ringing in the audible range:

812PSBfig4.jpg

812PSBfig9.jpg

It does not extend very low, but your subwoofer should be able to augment these speakers. Choose your sub carefully, as there are a lot of muddy ones out there.

The direct digital nature of the NAD D7050 amp should result in a largely undistorted output waveform, making it very faithful to the recording. Think of it as a DAC with an output level strong enough to drive speakers so no additional signal manipulation/amplification is needed past it. The speaker level measurements can end up much cleaner than what is otherwise possible in a conventional setup.

In a conventional setup, all the stages past the codec get coloration/distortion from the equipment and are prone to noise:

x745M2-t_AAS.jpeg

The path is much shorter in a Direct Digital Amplifier, with almost everything happening in the digital domain:

x745M2-t_DDAS.jpeg