Mouse/Keyboard Combo

Wysoseriouss

I'm looking to get a new Mouse and Keyboard to replace my current setup of an old (but still good) Logitech MX-518 and a Logitech G110. The reason I'm upgrading the keyboard is I want to go mechanical and I would rather keep the two things in the same brand like I have now as I like to just have matching parts.

I've narrowed it down to two I would like at this point:
On the Logitech side there is the G710+ keyboard and the new G500s mouse.

And on the Corsair side I would like the m95 and k95.

Anyone got any thoughts on which would be better, I'm currently leaning towards the corsairs as I like the k95 but I would almost prefer the Brown switches on the 710+ rather than the reds on the k95, but without having used either of those before, I don't know what they actually feel like to use.

On that same note, this is a long shot but does anyone on here know where I can go to try these products out in Brisbane, QLD, Australia? The places I buy my gear from are online stores (umart and MSY) and so don't really have any demo models.

Also if anyone have any thoughts on the software, I know Logitech's software is amazing as I've used it for many years now, does anyone know how the Corsair software is?

Sorry guys for the long winded and multi-faceted question but I like to research a lot before I buy my computer gear.

Any help at all would be amazing :)

Rig: MSI X370 SLI-Plus | Ryzen 7 1700X | ASUS GTX1070 | Corsair Vengeance 32gb DDR4 3000mhz | Corsair RM750i PSU | Samsung EVO 960 256GB NVMe SSD | Samsung EVO 860 1TB SSD | NZXT S340 Elite Case | Custom Water Loop

Corsairs keyboards and mice have ridiculous build quality, but Logitech just makes good products, no doubt about it. so it comes to features, what features do you like more? personally though, i would choose corsair

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

I would recommend Blue switches, most people seem to prefer them including myself (according to a recent poll here). Keyboard software shouldn't be needed unless setting macros, in which case I don't know how well Corsair and Logitech have implemented this but I do know that Razer does a good job of it.

Also, I wouldn't recommend buying products based on the brand. Corsair have made some really great products but they do have some horrible ones as well, just as virtually every other brand. Your best bet would be to look at reviews of keyboards pertaining to your interests.

I'm probably biased towards Logitech but I have the G710+ and the G9x. Both are excellent and you can't go wrong with Logitech.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Try going to a local jb hi fi and trying a razer Blackwidow that's what I did.

You can't walk out of your own story - Rango

Yeah I've gone to JB Hi-Fi but all they carry is the Blackwidow and even then all I could do is play with the arrow keys as it was still in the box, Fell in love with mechanical there and then, though I was trying to avoid Razer as I've never really been a fan of theirs but maybe I should broaden my horizons and go with that one as it does carry Blues and I like the idea of Blues. Should I perhaps abandon this idea of paring the two up and get like a G500s and the Blackwidow?

As for features, all I was really looking for was macro keys and media keys which both of those keyboards I originally listed do have and so does the Blackwidow if I remember right, and with the mouse I was looking for something with (preferably) an 8200dpi sensor and more buttons than my current MX-518 has (back and forward buttons on the side and dpi adjusters).

The main reason I was leaning towards the Corsairs in the first place is that even though I love logitech I have been using them for years and kind of feel like branching out. As for the k95 I saw Logans look at it when Tek Syndicate went to corsair it seems really cool so I'm in about 4 minds about this lol.

Rig: MSI X370 SLI-Plus | Ryzen 7 1700X | ASUS GTX1070 | Corsair Vengeance 32gb DDR4 3000mhz | Corsair RM750i PSU | Samsung EVO 960 256GB NVMe SSD | Samsung EVO 860 1TB SSD | NZXT S340 Elite Case | Custom Water Loop

I would recommend Blue switches, most people seem to prefer them including myself (according to a recent poll here). Keyboard software shouldn't be needed unless setting macros, in which case I don't know how well Corsair and Logitech have implemented this but I do know that Razer does a good job of it.

I'd not straight off recommend Blue switch to OP, since a lot of it depends on personal preference, whether one is typing alone, or whether there is a significant other in the room with you. Best would be for the OP to try out the various switches himself and see which he likes. There is no such thing as 'one size fits all' when it comes to switches. I prefer Red, but can deal with Blue, Black, Brown....and working on getting a green switch Storm Trigger.

I don't get why OP insists on KB/mouse being the same brands, Ducky and Filco make outstanding mech KB....just no mouse to go with their KB.  Anyway, Logitech is what I'd look at....and the combo that would work for me is the G710+ (Brown) and G9x. I have the original G9 which I'd gotten just after its launch, it's still one awesome gaming mouse.

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

I don't get why OP insists on KB/mouse being the same brands, Ducky and Filco make outstanding mech KB....just no mouse to go with their KB.  Anyway, Logitech is what I'd look at....and the combo that would work for me is the G710+ (Brown) and G9x. I have the original G9 which I'd gotten just after its launch, it's still one awesome gaming mouse.

I wish Ducky or Filco have their mouses. Well, the popular products will always have cons on the other side. :P

I wish Ducky or Filco have their mouses. Well, the popular products will always have cons on the other side. :P

Well, if OP wants the color(s) of the KB to match those on the mouse, they need not be of the same brand to give it that look.....

Here's my DS II 78 Version and a Thermaltake Level 10M mouse, I think the color combo works...

20130416_202919_zps40203b36.jpg

And here's my DS II Special Ed with white caps and green LED, goes nicely with my Logitech G9 v1....

20130521_162217_zps551d405c.jpg

I hope these would get the OP to at least consider different combos......for that matched look......

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

I'd not straight off recommend Blue switch to OP, since a lot of it depends on personal preference, whether one is typing alone, or whether there is a significant other in the room with you. Best would be for the OP to try out the various switches himself and see which he likes. There is no such thing as 'one size fits all' when it comes to switches. I prefer Red, but can deal with Blue, Black, Brown....and working on getting a green switch Storm Trigger.

The main reason I originally insisted on same brand is just a personal preference thing. Call me picky or OCD or whatever but I just like to have everything matching for my own personal satisfaction.

But I am now considering the Blackwidow ultimate keyboard paired with another mouse like either the G500s or the m95. The g9x doesn't interest me, the shape of it just wouldn't work for me I don't think and as for Ducky and Filco, while I am aware of the quality of their products, all of the ones I've seen so far lack some features that I need in a keyboard such as macro keys and media keys, if you can point me towards a Ducky/Filco that has those features then, great that is probably one I would look at getting.

If I remember correctly, the G9x and the M95 have similar shapes, sans thumb-rest. -shrug-

You could probably match the K95 with a Steelseries Sensei RAW too. Both are black with white lighting. Good mouse, unless you want the extra buttons of the M95.

So far, the only two perfectly "matching sets" of keyboard/mice I've been able to find are the K95/M95 (K70/M90 or M95 is another option) and the Steelseries Apex/Sensei MLG (afaik, the MLG Sensei is the only one with 16.8m colours like the Apex). 'course, you're giving up Mechanical with the Apex.

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2