Best Antivirus 2013

Kaspersky makes a good product, its pretty light weight and offers good protection. I use this at home and we use it on the enterprise level where I work. This is of course if you want to pay for an antivirus. Newegg did have a deal, not sure if its still running on a lifetime license for malwarebytes for cheap that might be worth checking out. With a sub you get active maleware scanning.

Tried Bitfender, caused my entire computer to hang every 5 minutes

Make sure to uninstall it under safemode since you state that your system freezes every 5 minutes.

So I have finally decided to ditch Norton Internet Security  :)  Which antivirus is the best in terms of virus detection, scan times and system performance?

Most of them don't do a lot anymore, and are not incredibly necessary.  Just use the basic one included with Windows and you will be fine.  That's all I have ever done and I do not always stay on "good" sites (I used to torrent a bit) and have never had an issue.

And if you can get through torrent sites without viruses, then you should be good anywhere else haha. 

I never said that i told me i have no virus' i said i have never gotten one and ive had it on the computer for almost 7 years.

Doesn't mean the antivirus is going to stop one, should you encounter one.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

I'd prefer to be on the safe side... what's the fastest and most reliable paid internet security suite?

Norton Internet Security I think it's called.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Norton Internet Security I think it's called.

That is what I'm using right now...

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

Comodo Internet security! ITS FREE as well!!

| CPU: INTEL i5 6600k @ 4.6Ghz @ 1.328v | Motherboard: ASUS Z170-AR | Ram: G.SKILL 2x8GB 2400Mhz | CPU Cooler : Corsair H100i V2

| GPU: GIGABYTE GTX980Ti G1 GAMING | SSD: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 250GB  Storage: WD 1TB GREEN | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bit | PSU: FSP 650W AURUM S |

<<<<< BLK-Phant0m >>>>>

I use kaspersky Anti-virus since it came with my motherboard. 

No problem with it yet. Also pretty light.

Avast! and MalwareBytes. Linux is also quite a good antivirus ;)

The best anti-virus is no anti-virus. Just know what to download and what not to download.

Run Malware-bytes if you want.

Anti-viruses just take up space and have a really slow UI, as well as they just give you numerous pop-ups when you try to open an .exe inside .rar/.zip compressed file.

The Syndicate

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2372364,00.asp

Theres a list of some

Here is what they had to say about the one i have 

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2414586,00.asp

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

• 6 months later...

The best Anti-Virus for Windows XP [2013]

AV-TEST conducted a new series of tests to determine the best anti-virus currently available for Windows XP which will be soon discontinued. The independent IT-Security institute tested 25 anti-virus software.

the-best-antivirus.png

As you can see, Microsoft’s very own Security Essentials 4.3 is still considered as a baseline. Kaspersky Internet Security 2014 provides the best security to Windows XP computers, followed by F-Secure Internet Security, Bitdefender Internet Security 2014, and Trend Micro Titanium Maximum Security 2014.

The best Anti-Virus for Windows XP [2013]

AV-TEST conducted a new series of tests to determine the best anti-virus currently available for Windows XP which will be soon discontinued. The independent IT-Security institute tested 25 anti-virus software.

the-best-antivirus.png

As you can see, Microsoft’s very own Security Essentials 4.3 is still considered as a baseline. Kaspersky Internet Security 2014 provides the best security to Windows XP computers, followed by F-Secure Internet Security, Bitdefender Internet Security 2014, and Trend Micro Titanium Maximum Security 2014.

Kaspersky Master Race :D their free yearly product updates are great. I don't have to fork out more money if I still have a valid license key and want to update to the new yearly version.
Ryzen 9 5950x | NH-D15 | ROG STRIX X570-F | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 | MSI Ventus RTX 3080 | WD Black SN850 1TB PCIe 4 | Samsung 850 EVO + 860 EVO 1TB | Corsair 5000D Airflow

Dell S3422DWG | Dell S2721DGF | Corsair K70 RGB Keyboard | Logitech G502 Lightspeed | ATH-R70x

I torrent things everyday never had a. Virus who uses virus protection these dayz

I torrent things everyday never had a. Virus who uses virus protection these dayz

This is sarcasm yea? I can't tell sarcasm over the net...

I use Avast free for years and never got a virus on a computer using it.. I would expect windows security and a capable brain to be fine actually, Avast never actually did anything. 

System:
4670k@4,7Ghz <fully stable ( and 5Ghz, incredible unstable)| Asus Maximus VI Hero | G.Skill TridentX 16GB 2400Mhz C10 | AMD XFX R9 290 OC'ed (locked, Elpida) Cooled by a Kraken G10&X40 w/ NF-A14 | NZXT Phantom 530 | 2TB Seagate Barracuda | Samsung EVO 250GB | Cooler Master V850 | QNIX QX2710 @110Hz | Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2 | Ducky Shine 3 ^^ | Madcatz R.A.T. 5 | Brainwavz Delta's |

Too many opinions on which is the best in all honesty, even with independant and / or verified tests It's still pretty much bullshit in my own personal opinion, too many variations between tests for a baseline, MSE is probably the worst and is well known for being quite shit, that's pretty much fact. It'll get the job done I guess so will every other AV, if you really want to find the best one for your needs and are willing to go to the lengths to find one, run a VM or multiple VM's and test each one yourself. If not, feel free to pick up an AV from the more well known and well established companies, such as Avast!, Avg, Bit defender, Kaspersky, Etc. 

Cpu: i5-2500k @4.8Ghz, MB: Asus Maximus V Formula, CPU cooler: Be quiet! Dark rock pro 2, GPU: Evga Gtx660 FTW@1.24ghz. Ram: Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1866Mhz, PSU: Be quiet! 730w Semi modular, SSD: Corsair force 3 240Gb, HDD: WD Green 1TB, Case: Nzxt H2 with 4 Corsair SP120's, Win7

Norton Internet Security 2013. I torrent and I would rather pay £20 a year when I have a £800 pc

Kaspersky Master Race :D their free yearly product updates are great. I don't have to fork out more money if I still have a valid license key and want to update to the new yearly version.

^^ me to, i vote for Kaspersky