My GTX 780's Reach 80 °C In-game ! is it okay?

You can get that bridge at EVGA.com 

Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Corsair H105, Gigabyte x570 Aorus Elite, Corsair Vengeance 32GB 3600MHz, EVGA RTX 3070Ti FTW3, Samsung 850 Pro / WD SN850 / OCZ Trion 150

ASUS MG279Q, Corsair Carbide 275R

I see quite a few misinformed people here, GPU boost 2.0 is set to let the cards run to to 84c by default in order to allow the card to reach it's highest possible clock. Nvidia wouldn't set that and then have their cards throttle at 80c. Nvidia 7xx series GPU's generally start throttling at 92-94c, only when you reach those temps will the GPU start to throttle itself.

GPU boost is a shit tier gimmick. I want a card that I can cook breakfast on ... "Bacon and eggs" while I play my favorite game at insane framerates LOL. More heat means more performance period.

GPU boost is a shit tier gimmick. I want a card that I can cook breakfast on ... "Bacon and eggs" while I play my favorite game at insane framerates LOL. More heat means more performance period.

LOL!! nice! sizzling bacon on the card :D

Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Corsair H105, Gigabyte x570 Aorus Elite, Corsair Vengeance 32GB 3600MHz, EVGA RTX 3070Ti FTW3, Samsung 850 Pro / WD SN850 / OCZ Trion 150

Looks cool but I would still rather have the ... "DMA engine" from AMD for better scaling and efficiency between the 2 GPUs.

Considering they are reference cards with no slot spacing in a limited-airflow area of an already crap-at-airflow case, I would say it is fine. Don't worry until you get into the 90s.

you're right the air flow is crap and i'm considering getting a new case and a motherboard ( ATX ), with water cooling for both CPU and GPU which case do you prefer ? 

I fail to see how it's a gimmick, it's an inbuilt feature to control power consumption and heat. If you only want your card to use 70% of it's power or only hit a maximum temperature of 75c then you can set that if you want it to go full power you can set that too. You failing to see the usefulness of a feature does not automatically make it a "shit gimmick". It makes you a narrow minded idiot.

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

you're right the air flow is crap and i'm considering getting a new case and a motherboard ( ATX ), with water cooling for both CPU and GPU which case do you prefer ? 

I personally quite like the Phanteks Enthoo Pro, NZXT S340 and Corsair 450D.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

I fail to see how it's a gimmick, it's an inbuilt feature to control power consumption and heat. If you only want your card to use 70% of it's power or only hit a maximum temperature of 75c then you can set that if you want it to go full power you can set that too. You failing to see the usefulness of a feature does not automatically make it a "shit gimmick". It makes you a narrow minded idiot.

he is trolling you're right about the GPU boost thing 

I want max performance and max fps and smoothness. Why would I want to limit the power on my GPU so I can play games with stuttering and choppiness in return for less power consumption LOL that preposterously ridiculous. Don't make much sense. More power, more heat, more performance, more smoothness in game. This is the laws of physics. Please save you bickering and negative commentary.

LOL it's possible

lol...cook dinner while your gaming! lol

he is trolling you're right about the GPU boost thing 

I am not trolling. GPU boost is useless IMHO. Why cause we never needed it before and really I want max performance not negative performance because of heat and power. More heat, more power more frame rates this is how it goes.

you can set the temp limit on 780's which will control how hot it gets while still boosting.  Throttling (as in lower speed than base clock) doesn't happen till 90's I believe.

Mothership - 3770k @ 4.5 - 980ti SLI - Z77UD5

Protégé - FX8350 @ 4.8 - Fury X - CHVFZ

I personally quite like the Phanteks Enthoo Pro, NZXT S340 and Corsair 450D.

what about the NZXT 820 ?

what about the NZXT 820 ?

It's okay, but watercooling potential helps show it's age.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

There are alot of cases that offer great air flow, everything people have listed and many more. Example Cooler Master Haf X, older case but great air flow. I have a Scout 2 and the air flow is great (and looks awsome but thats just my opinion). But what ever case you get your going to need good fans for it also.

There are alot of cases that offer great air flow, everything people have listed and many more. Example Cooler Master Haf X, older case but great air flow. I have a Scout 2 and the air flow is great (and looks awsome but thats just my opinion). But what ever case you get your going to need good fans for it also.

Still one of the best gaming cases ever with great air flow and build quality is the Antec Three Hundred and it's only like 60 bucks.

air 540

Mothership - 3770k @ 4.5 - 980ti SLI - Z77UD5

Protégé - FX8350 @ 4.8 - Fury X - CHVFZ

Well ignore what I said then, apparently 80C is still safe. Sorry for my ignorance, I don't own an Nvidia card. :P

I dont own Nvidia card too. but base on some review 80 is still safe xD well its okay :D

AMD graphics card user here :D

Equality doesn't mean Justice.

That's not the EVGA bridge. That bridge was originally form the BattleBox pre-built. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

I dont own Nvidia card too. but base on some review 80 is still safe xD well its okay :D

AMD graphics card user here :D

You absolutely don't need to own an nvidia or AMD card to know what temperatures are within the manufacturers recommended spec.

You absolutely don't need to own an nvidia or AMD card to know what temperatures are within the manufacturers recommended spec.

Yup your'e right! hahaha :D

Equality doesn't mean Justice.

Yup your'e right! hahaha :D

It's always funny when you come across that person that claims whatever facts you say about a particular GPU is wrong unless you own it. They go on to act like their say 780ti is completely different than anyone else even though the specs for each card are completely unified and the performance really does not change a whole lot.

Not to meantion the hottest and loudest card ever made the GTX 480 it when up to 100c and sounded like a hair blow dryer.

Good thing those Nvidia cards still run cooler and quieter than the AMD variants!

CPU: AMD 5950X    MB: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero    RAM: HyperX Predator 64GB    GPU: Nvidia RTX 3090 Ti FE    SSD: Seagate FireCuda 530 2TB    
PSU: EVGA 1200w P2    COOLING: EK AIO Elite 360    CASE: Fractal Design Torrent 
   DISPLAY: LG CX48 4k OLED    AUDIO: HIFIMAN Arya SE